California Forensic Medical Group, the leader in correctional health care has an immediate opening for a Full Time Family Nurse Practitioner position at the Monterey County Adult Correctional Facility in Monterey, CA.
- Perform daily sick call, examine patients and carry out treatment according to standardized procedures and protocols. Consult with Physician about non-emergency conditions falling outside protocol parameters.
- Identify emergency conditions and provide appropriate emergency care and arrange for transfer to an acute care hospital.
- Order appropriate diagnostic studies and make recommendations regarding appropriateness for worker status.
- Carry out doctor’s orders.
- Provide education to minors regarding health care conditions as appropriate.
- Manage chronic care conditions.
- Repair simple lacerations and remove sutures.
- Refer patients requiring mental health services to mental health staff.
- Document all findings using the S.O.A.P.E method.
- Ensure confidentiality of minor’s health issues.
- Participate in Quality Management and Peer Review activities.
- Attend Quality Assurance meetings.
- Provide on-call services as scheduled by the on-site Medical Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a master’s program in nursing (FNP)
- Current, valid license as a Family Nurse Practitioner in the State of Californa with no license restrictions
- Two years clinical experience in a family practice, correctional health care, or equivalent experience
- Current CPR or ACLS certification
- Good communication skills
- Must obtain and maintain a security clearance throughout the course of employment
Benefits: CFMG offers an excellent benefit package for full-time employees to include Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing Plan, 401K, Continuing Education Allowance and Disability Insurance based on years of service.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
It's a code shared by every member of the Correctional Medical Group Companies, and Southwest Correctional Medical Group is committed to...