SWCMG is hiring a F/T and P/T RNs for Sandoval County Detention Facility in Bernalillo, NM.
Responsibility of RN:
RN’s are assigned to the Sandoval Detention Facility in Bernalillo, NM, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
1. Be responsible for coordinating the activities of his/her shift, supervise the LVN’s
and clerks, coordinate/communicate with Detention staff as needed.
2. Triage medical complaints from detainees.
3. Perform daily sick call at the camp facilities, examine patients and carry out
treatments according to standardized procedures.
4. Document nursing assessments using the SOAPE format.
5. Transcribe Physician, PA/FNP orders.
6. Respond to the intake area when requested by Detention staff, and medically
clear detainees for booking into the facility.
- Provide appropriate treatment upon acceptance into the facility as necessary.
- Perform intake and TB Screening
- Perform 14 days physicals and sick calls as required.
7. Prepare and administer medication both orally and intra-muscularly.
8. Obtain specimens for laboratory testing such as:
- clean catch urine
- straight catheterization for urine collection
- throat culture
- sputum specimens
- stool specimens
9. Perform lab testing to include:
- blood glucose with visual or meter interpretation
- interpretation of skin testing results
- dipstix urine
- guaiac/hemocult studies
- urine specific gravity
10.Administer immunizations as needed in accordance to SWCMG’s standardized
procedures or direct order by the Physician or NP/PA
11.Initiate standardized procedures, orders, i.e., Detox, opiate, alcohol.
12.Maintain a clean, safe and secure working environment.
13.Communicate with MD, PA, or FNP any potentially significant medical complaints
or observations discovered during routine duties.
14.Respond to man-down calls, identify medical emergencies, and arrange for
transportation to hospital.
15.Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current, valid New Mexico Registered Nurse license with no restrictions
- Prefer years experience in acute care, critical care, emergency room or correctional health care setting preferred
- Current CPR or ACLS certification
- Good communication skills
- Must obtain and maintain a security clearance throughout the course of employment
SWCMG offers an excellent benefit package for full-time
employees to include Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Life
Insurance, Profit Sharing Plan, 401K, Continuing Education
Allowance and Disability Insurance based on years of serv
view cost & performance
find candidates for this job
Status: Open –
Created: Jul 5
View public job page
Promote this job for more candidates: