Southwest Counseling Solutions

Southwest Counseling Solutions Employee Reviews

Self Starting Work Environment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: hour lunch and two 15's
Cons: lack of guidance
Great Non-profit org. in Detroit. Great people and great environment. One thing I will say is that in the department I'm in, there is little to no real guidance from supervision. You pretty much have to figure out everything on your own and it's difficult when a majority of your first few weeks are spent doing paperwork or filing instead of trying to master the position you were hired into.
Southwest only cares about how much money they can make. They no longer care about the consumers they serve.
Social Worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: over bearing management, no transparency, too much paperwork.
Southwest used to care about their employees and the consumers they serve but is no longer true. They only care about how many new programs they can get,and how much money the employees bring in. Employees are overwhelmed and stressed and Management could care less. Statements are made like "If you don't like working here you're welcome to leave. We'll have someone else to take your place." Employees have been loyal to Southwest but Southwest has no loyalty to the employees.
Southwest
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Non-profit but is ever changing in enviorment because its very much community based by the natural of the job.
People are good to work with but there is alot of egos in the building and that could be a problem. Bi-weekly pay but the mission of the company is good.
Productive and fun company with passionate people.
Driver (Current Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 24, 2013
Pros: nice bonuses!
Cons: i haven't noticed any yet!
My day's are usually very relaxed and easy going. managment is really caring, easy going and passionate. Aslong as you're a hardworker you'll fit right in. We like to have fun around here. I've never worked for a company of it's likeness. excellent place to work!
Fun place to work, you can see the results of your work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2013
It makes for a great work environment when you are able to see the end results of the work you perform. We are a non profit organization that is trying to end homelessness in Detroit. Every time we place someone in a home, it makes everything seem brighter.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary
A typical day at Southwest Counseling Solutions as a supervisor involves managing housing grants to ensure homeless candidates meet criteria to qualify for subsidize housing programs within the agency.

In addition, the day-to-day duties involve assigning clients to subsidies to secure permanent housing for them and their family, managing a staff of three, as well as conducting supportive housing training sessions to continue to keep staff members and case managers informed of new housing guidelines.

In an effort to ensure guidelines are being met to secure housing for homeless clients, I had to learn Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations and guidelines to ensure housing grants are being managed and monitored effectively to continue to receive funding from the State of Michigan for the homeless population within the Detroit Metropolitan area.
Early Learning Communities!
Family Service Worker (Current Employee), Southwest/ Northwest DetroitDecember 1, 2011
Pros: hours (25) not guaranteed!
Cons: hourly pay, working in a safe enviroment with families!
Working together with Caregivers and Families to help prepare children birth to five for preschool through literacy. I enjoy the work I do I am help taking part in children and families lives to help build a brighter future.