Southwest Counseling Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Professional Organization that cares for its employees
Early Learning Communities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 5, 2015
Southwest Solutions is a great organization to work for. They care about the community and take good care of their employees.
Rewarding for Humanity
Housing Assistant Recovery Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 18, 2015
What a joy it is to serve others and be helpful to people in need! Southwest Solutions changes the lives of so many people from people needing counseling, to providing stable homes for families in need. I don't believe there is any like serving others in need while following policies and procedures.
Pros
helping others
Cons
not having enough time in the day or man power to help everyone.
Self Starting Work Environment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2014
Great Non-profit org. in Detroit. Great people and great environment. One thing I will say is that in the department I'm in, there is little to no real guidance from supervision. You pretty much have to figure out everything on your own and it's difficult when a majority of your first few weeks are spent doing paperwork or filing instead of trying to master the position you were hired into.
Pros
hour lunch and two 15's
Cons
lack of guidance
Southwest only cares about how much money they can make. They no longer care about the consumers they serve.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 3, 2014
Southwest used to care about their employees and the consumers they serve but is no longer true. They only care about how many new programs they can get,and how much money the employees bring in. Employees are overwhelmed and stressed and Management could care less. Statements are made like "If you don't like working here you're welcome to leave. We'll have someone else to take your place." Employees have been loyal to Southwest but Southwest has no loyalty to the employees.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
over bearing management, no transparency, too much paperwork.
Southwest
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Non-profit but is ever changing in enviorment because its very much community based by the natural of the job.
People are good to work with but there is alot of egos in the building and that could be a problem. Bi-weekly pay but the mission of the company is good.
Productive and fun company with passionate people.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 24, 2013
My day's are usually very relaxed and easy going. managment is really caring, easy going and passionate. Aslong as you're a hardworker you'll fit right in. We like to have fun around here. I've never worked for a company of it's likeness. excellent place to work!
Pros
nice bonuses!
Cons
i haven't noticed any yet!
Fun place to work, you can see the results of your work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2013
It makes for a great work environment when you are able to see the end results of the work you perform. We are a non profit organization that is trying to end homelessness in Detroit. Every time we place someone in a home, it makes everything seem brighter.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2012
A typical day at Southwest Counseling Solutions as a supervisor involves managing housing grants to ensure homeless candidates meet criteria to qualify for subsidize housing programs within the agency.

In addition, the day-to-day duties involve assigning clients to subsidies to secure permanent housing for them and their family, managing a staff of three, as well as conducting supportive housing training sessions to continue to keep staff members and case managers informed of new housing guidelines.

In an effort to ensure guidelines are being met to secure housing for homeless clients, I had to learn Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations and guidelines to ensure housing grants are being managed and monitored effectively to continue to receive funding from the State of Michigan for the homeless population within the Detroit Metropolitan area.
benefits
Cons
salary
Early Learning Communities!
Family Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Southwest/ Northwest DetroitDecember 1, 2011
Working together with Caregivers and Families to help prepare children birth to five for preschool through literacy. I enjoy the work I do I am help taking part in children and families lives to help build a brighter future.
Pros
hours (25) not guaranteed!
Cons
hourly pay, working in a safe enviroment with families!

4.4