Southwest Credit Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Plano, TxApril 24, 2015
Learned to skip trace customers info to get debt collectors payment.
Set up promise to pay for customers.
Processed credit card information for payments.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work is collecting $ trying to bonus, coworkers are very outgoing and the hardest part about the job is getting to bonus each month
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Working full shifts on saturdays
bill collector
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 15, 2015
bill collector made daily collection calls, great employees, skiptracing,
we worked together as a team, great place to work,
working
Productive environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 8, 2015
Work 8 hour shifts. I learned alot in collection field. I loved working with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job working night shift 12 to 9 1 to 2 times a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to make bonus.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
healthcare
good company
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with my team of collectors . I enjoyed getting them motivated and pump up to have another great money making them .I loved the competive edge and drive of the industry.
typical work day consist of running kpi reports,monitoring and coaching my agents and driving the floor .
the mangement team was great,I enjoyednjoy the teamwork and feeling of unity .We all worked together for a common goal of success and profit.I enjoyed working hard for this company and I enjoyed bringing it success.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
policy
A Quick 7 Years
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 3, 2015
I started SWC back in Dec 2006. First as a Professional Debt Collector then moved to the Accounting Team 9 months later. I didn't have any previous Accounting Experience or Education so I felt pretty blessed to be given the opportunity. My first responsibilities were making the daily street mail deposits. I became very quick at entering the payments into the system and had it down to a T. I would also process the Daily Batches that IT loaded from the Clients. I loved my job. Basically, my main job for 5 years was data entry. Along the way I took more responsibilities. Processing and Reconciling the Daily ACHS, Invoicing, and Creating/Sending the payment files. There are so many things that I was responsible for and I gladly took them. Even now I am glad I had the experience of working at SWC. I truly gave my all.

I miss all my co-workers. We would all help each other. I really felt at home at SWC. However, I resigned August 2013.

The hardest but most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that I worked so hard. A since of completion. Even though I had my hands full the next day.
Great working enviornment.
Customer Care Lead (Former Employee) –  Westminister Co.January 15, 2015
The overall working experience was great. The employees were nice and the management was fair.
Pros
the comradery amongst stafff and management was sound.
Cons
wasn't very much room to grow.
Great Benefits
Team Lead Collector/ Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Great supervisors to help you, except one
Great co-workers, one bad apple doesn't spoil this bunch
Good atmosphere, paid vacations and good health benefits and paid time off.
Pros
great group of people to work for!
Cons
base pay is below national average
Value Employee Feedback
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasDecember 18, 2014
At Southwest Credit, we work hard to create a great work environment for our people. We appreciate the opinions of both current and former employees, and regret that some have not enjoyed their experience with us. We service our clients by recovering money that is owed to them. It is very goal driven and can be demanding at times. It’s not an easy job and it’s definitely not for everybody. But for the right people, we offer a fast-paced, challenging opportunity that can be very lucrative, in a stable industry that is virtually recession proof.

We have made significant changes to our leadership team and structure over the last year, and have made great strides in strengthening our internal culture. We are committed to our people and will continue making improvements based upon the feedback we receive.
bad place to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 18, 2014
I would never work for them ever again bad managenet no respeact what so ever unfairness...ect..ect..
Pros
not good
Cons
not good
Work ethics questionable, has changed several different times over the years making an uneasy professional work place
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 8, 2013
Not professional atmosphere making an uneasy professional work place
Pros
monthly contest
Cons
work ethics
Business like enviornment
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 30, 2013
great company to work for. great incentives and growth advancements.
A steady Consistant job non stop based on customer service
Debt Collector Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminister, COSeptember 16, 2013
a typical day at work would be making or reciving calls to debters that were upset and cursing. Ive learned that there is no reason to let this situation get under your skin and move on about your day. Management when i first started i was assigned to one/team. Then the team i resided on didnt have a manager for the remaining time i was there. The hardest part of the job at first was listening to debters curse at me, it was mostly shocking to me. The most enjoyable part of this job was to actually have a challange all the way around the office and compete in fun, not only as an individual as a team.
Collections Specialist
1ST AND 3RD PARTY COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasSeptember 15, 2013
Utilize automated dialer system to collect on past due accounts and get customers back in good standing with the company.
Do not work here!!
Collector II (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TxSeptember 2, 2013
First of all let me start by saying the pay is not generous,and the bonuses are basically non existent, I might get 100 dollars extra a month. The people in management are very disrespectful and unproffesional. There are like seven managers yelling at you all day about the same thing. The agents here are very ghetto and uneducated, they will bump into you on purpose, and start an argument with you on the floor and not care. There is also room for advancement, but you have to pretty much be liked by every one in the building. There are also never any raises.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits, not enough pay or bonuses
Bad company to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 23, 2013
I would never want to work for that company its has no values or respect for their employees
Pros
no values
Cons
no respect
Productive self motivated and goals to meet
3rd party collection (Former Employee) –  carrollton txMarch 4, 2013
I am specialist on collection for third party, with inbound or outbound calls more than 300 calls per day and each month I was at 100% of my goal
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2012
I Think this job has taught me a lot. It was a very family oriented work place, everyone got along for the most part. The hardest part of the job for me was being aggressive towards customers as an attempt to get them to pay overdue accounts.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
not a lot of help, no room for improvement
A Job
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 30, 2012
Not a good company the accounts that we collection are to old and out of stats
Pros
game, prizes
Cons
no good health benefits