Southwest Credit Systems Employee Reviews

Fast pace call center
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2017
A typical day at the call center was fun. I provided quality collection efforts for clients as third party collectors. I was able learn different methods to collect and become a great asset to the company. Management kept the lines of communication open with their employees while also giving their employees guidelines and structure. The hardest part of the job was keeping the debtor on the phone long enough to collect.
Pros
awesome leaders
Cons
no room for growth
Collections agency
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 27, 2017
This was a good company to work for for the first year and a half. The company ended up firing the floor supervisor and the company began to shift into what seemed to be clicks and groups of people that only looked out for eachother.
I love this job
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 18, 2017
I would tell everyone about this job. I really liked this job and company I just hate that I left. They really are a team player and also helps you reach your goals on receiving payments.
Southwest Credit
Collector (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 27, 2017
I do not have any reviews on Southwest Credit Systems. I like my working hours 7a - 4p monday - friday. No paid holidays but we are off majority holidays.
Productive work place, and enjoyable co-workers
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Southwest Credit Systems is a typical collections company. The pay is average. However, depending on your individual and/or team efforts, the commission pay out is really unlimited, provided that all your QA is up to par. There is opportunity for growth as a career for some folks, but there are lots of steps/or years of tenure required before SWC starts evaluating your potential for a career move with them. There are monthly meetings for review of the previous months numbers, as well as awards and commendations. The office in Carrollton, TX could you a renovation.
Okay place.
3rd Party Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 7, 2016
Okay place to work, the only thing is that people were too much in other peoples personal lifes. They're too nosey at this place, other than that not too bad.
SouthWest Credit Systems
Collection Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 4, 2015
I was a collection floor manager for a year before being laid off. The corporate office in Carrollton, TX decided to close the Denver Co office. I had a good tenure while I was there. I started on 6/2/14 and my last day was 7/2/15. During my time as a manager I had the #1 top performing team in the office for 8 of the 13 months I was there. I was able to develop many employees into top collectors and overall top perfomers with the company. This included some employees who have never done collections. I enjoyed my time there and was very disappointed when the decision was made to close the office.
Pros
I gained a lot of valuable career experience
Cons
Office was closed and I was laid off
Productive workplace
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Plano, TxApril 24, 2015
Learned to skip trace customers info to get debt collectors payment.
Set up promise to pay for customers.
Processed credit card information for payments.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work is collecting $ trying to bonus, coworkers are very outgoing and the hardest part about the job is getting to bonus each month
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Working full shifts on saturdays
bill collector
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 15, 2015
bill collector made daily collection calls, great employees, skiptracing,
we worked together as a team, great place to work,
working
Productive environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 8, 2015
Work 8 hour shifts. I learned alot in collection field. I loved working with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job working night shift 12 to 9 1 to 2 times a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to make bonus.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
healthcare
good company
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with my team of collectors . I enjoyed getting them motivated and pump up to have another great money making them .I loved the competive edge and drive of the industry.
typical work day consist of running kpi reports,monitoring and coaching my agents and driving the floor .
the mangement team was great,I enjoyednjoy the teamwork and feeling of unity .We all worked together for a common goal of success and profit.I enjoyed working hard for this company and I enjoyed bringing it success.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
policy
A Quick 7 Years
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 3, 2015
I started SWC back in Dec 2006. First as a Professional Debt Collector then moved to the Accounting Team 9 months later. I didn't have any previous Accounting Experience or Education so I felt pretty blessed to be given the opportunity. My first responsibilities were making the daily street mail deposits. I became very quick at entering the payments into the system and had it down to a T. I would also process the Daily Batches that IT loaded from the Clients. I loved my job. Basically, my main job for 5 years was data entry. Along the way I took more responsibilities. Processing and Reconciling the Daily ACHS, Invoicing, and Creating/Sending the payment files. There are so many things that I was responsible for and I gladly took them. Even now I am glad I had the experience of working at SWC. I truly gave my all.

I miss all my co-workers. We would all help each other. I really felt at home at SWC. However, I resigned August 2013.

The hardest but most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing that I worked so hard. A since of completion. Even though I had my hands full the next day.
Great working enviornment.
Customer Care Lead (Former Employee) –  Westminister Co.January 15, 2015
The overall working experience was great. The employees were nice and the management was fair.
Pros
The comradery amongst stafff and management was sound.
Cons
Wasn't very much room to grow.
Great Benefits
Team Lead Collector/ Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Great supervisors to help you, except one
Great co-workers, one bad apple doesn't spoil this bunch
Good atmosphere, paid vacations and good health benefits and paid time off.
Pros
Great group of people to work for!
Cons
Base pay is below national average
Value Employee Feedback
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasDecember 18, 2014
At Southwest Credit, we work hard to create a great work environment for our people. We appreciate the opinions of both current and former employees, and regret that some have not enjoyed their experience with us. We service our clients by recovering money that is owed to them. It is very goal driven and can be demanding at times. It’s not an easy job and it’s definitely not for everybody. But for the right people, we offer a fast-paced, challenging opportunity that can be very lucrative, in a stable industry that is virtually recession proof.

We have made significant changes to our leadership team and structure over the last year, and have made great strides in strengthening our internal culture. We are committed to our people and will continue making improvements based upon the feedback we receive.
bad place to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 18, 2014
I would never work for them ever again bad managenet no respeact what so ever unfairness...ect..ect..
Pros
not good
Cons
not good
Work ethics questionable, has changed several different times over the years making an uneasy professional work place
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 8, 2013
Not professional atmosphere making an uneasy professional work place
Pros
Monthly contest
Cons
Work ethics
Business like enviornment
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 30, 2013
great company to work for. great incentives and growth advancements.
A steady Consistant job non stop based on customer service
Debt Collector Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminister, COSeptember 16, 2013
a typical day at work would be making or reciving calls to debters that were upset and cursing. Ive learned that there is no reason to let this situation get under your skin and move on about your day. Management when i first started i was assigned to one/team. Then the team i resided on didnt have a manager for the remaining time i was there. The hardest part of the job at first was listening to debters curse at me, it was mostly shocking to me. The most enjoyable part of this job was to actually have a challange all the way around the office and compete in fun, not only as an individual as a team.