Southwest General Health Center Employee Reviews

Many Posistions while working for SWGHC
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 17, 2016
• Responsible for registered patient billing information
• Schedule appointments; file patient charts
• Co-payment processing; patient inquires, handled complaints
I was fortunate to advance to 3 different titles while working for SWGHC. Competitive salary.
Typical day at work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 18, 2015
When I get to work I set my station up, help on the line, then pick up my cart and go in the dishroom and then after that we pull out the clean dishes and put them away neatly.
Great Place to Work
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 2, 2015
During my tenure at Southwest General, I have met many wonderful, intelligent, and caring people. I am glad for the time I have spent here and have gained much knowledge from working multiple positions.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Downsizing
Left due to down sizing of organization
Associate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 30, 2015
New CEO on board and positions/departments downsized
A lot of seasoned staff were let go in monthly increments
Not hearing a lot of positive comments of of date
Senior clerk (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 10, 2015
I have spent the last 15 years working for Southwest, coworkers are great, I am very sad that Southwest is selling the Urgicares.
Pros
Cons
Urgicare being sold
Very busy office, with dedicated Staff
Senior clerk (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 20, 2015
I have been with Southwest General for 15 Years. It has been a stable and educational experience.
Has been a great place to work for over 10+ years.
Receivables Representative, Patient Accounting (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJanuary 3, 2015
The hospital has decided to outsource our department so we are losing our jobs. They did give us notice since they knew we would be finding out about the new company coming in to take over.

I have worked in many departments at the hospital and fondly enjoyed them all.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
losing our jobs
team work driven environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  ohioNovember 24, 2014
Coordinating care in compliance with multidisciplinary team provides for exponential growth as a Registered Nurse.
horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 26, 2014
If I could give this place a negative I would. Worked here for 9 years. Management and HR are unprofessional and unethical. They care only about patient surveys not patient care. The work environment is like grade school with cliques (this goes all the way up to the bosses). I would not recommend working there and if you do I would recommend leaving (because they will lay you off or fire you). Also no raises or chances for advancement! There is no flexibility with scheduling unless you are a favorite.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Frequently no breaks, have to find your own coverage for vacations
Productive workplace,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhApril 9, 2014
Very busy. Have a variety of duties which include direct patient care, office work, patient and staff education. All I am willing to share at this time
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 17, 2014
I love my job, my co-workers, and the environment. I have a wealth of knowledge working with phenomenal therapists with specialties across the board. Typically I treat 10 plus patients a day. Management has been more than willing to work with my schedule with my family's adjusting needs. I enjoy seeing my patients build strength, balance, and overall confidence in their own abilities. The most difficult part of my job is feeling as though I can't help everyone! Unfortunately with the struggling economy I am in need of more hours and raises which cannot be provided for me at this time. I hopefully will maintain my long term career with SWG but at this time need to increase my earnings.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Cons
Decreased regularity of raises
More interested in contracted surveys than patients
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Hts.January 12, 2014
Benefit packages are limited and expensive. Management cares more about surveys from outside contractors than patient care. Laying off long term employees and asking employees to make contributions to their multi million dollar expansions happens frequently and is never made public.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, expensive cafteria
Great work environment
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHOctober 26, 2013
Smaller lab but great work environment and great coworkers. Not much room to advance though.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Not much room for advancement
flexible schedule
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 23, 2013
very busy facility with many good nurses who are passionate about the care they give to the patients.
Pros
flexible schedule
Enjoyed working in and learning at this job.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  18697 Bagley Road Middleburg Height, Ohio 44130August 28, 2013
I mostly worked in Central Registration and a short time in Patient Accounting. Looked forward
to going to work. Always learning and never the
same. Started in 1985 as Patient registration clerk. Last 2 years I worked in Patient Accounting.
Pros
Clinic for employees
Cons
No real cons
Two Days are never the same in the Emergency Department nor is it when you lead it.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 29, 2013
My day is never as planned and it makes for stressful but challenging and exciting days. I've learned the the ED setting is unpredictable and the need to be completely prepared is a must. I lead a team of RN's, Medics, Secretaries and collaborate with MD's to help maintain a high level of quality and standard of care in the ED setting. I'm always challenged, being off site in a free standing ED, with equipment needs and maintaining communication with the main hospital / changes in processes getting to the free standing as well as being included in what will work for us.
The hardest part of my job is trying to continually maintain staffing, and ensuring everyone is upholding the highest standards possible, juggling many jobs within my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to keep up my skills and do hands on patient care as well as hearing from patients and families that the ED is an excellent place and delivers excellent care - that makes me proud of my team.
Pros
Being part of Change - Knowing that my opinion counts
Cons
Very stressful position / responsible for everything such as staffing, productivity, building volume and patient satisfaction
Coding Internship (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Hts., OHApril 16, 2012
The Southwest General Health Center was my internship site. This place was very good for my internship experience. I was able to reinforce the important tasks that I have learned in school. Management and workers did excellent job in preparing me for employment opportunities. The most enjoyable part was when I did my job perfect without additional help from staff. The hardest part was to remember all the names of many employees that I was introduced to.
Pros
exallent customer service
SW General
Position- Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OhioApril 8, 2012
Good place to work. Love the stmosphere, co-workers, and management. Compensation and benefits could be better.
does not care about employees
xray (Former Employee) –  Middleburg HtsMarch 8, 2012
The management does not care about employees. A lot of layoffs, then the jobs are renamed, and rehired. No compassion. No perks, Benefits are less than desireable.
Cons
make you pay extra for benefits if not perfect
Working towards a goal
pca (Current Employee) –  middleburg heights, OhioMarch 5, 2012
Working towards a goal from pca to rn through school and southwest did not encourage or support the process.