Southwest General Health Center Employee Reviews

fast paced and challenging
Forms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Working at Southwest is like working with family.
I work with so many wonderful people. The CEO makes it a point to be involved with all the workers.
Nice Community Hospital located in a nice area.
Supervisor Customer Service and Follow-Up (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHSeptember 2, 2017
I truly enjoyed my years at work at Southwest General Health Center. The staff was great to work with. I enjoyed being able to help patient's understand and pay their bills. I also enjoyed the challenges of obtaining reimbusement from the insurance carriers.
Pros
Nice working environment. Close to home
Cons
Job being outsourced to another company.
dietary
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130July 24, 2017
working at the hospital was a good experience. There was really nothing hard to do at all, i just had to figure out how to find my way around the building. The most enjoying part of the is i get to see new patients everyday and its good to hear them talk.
An overall good place to work for
Cat scan tech aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 23, 2017
I have been at Southwest since 2015 when I was a student in x-ray school and I have had a pretty good experience here. Everyone is very nice and helpful.
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 11, 2017
We have a culture that is patient-focused not just nursing-task focused. Our goal is to get the pre-surgical patient mentally and physically prepared for surgery to afford the very best patient outcome possible. Challenges include language barriers, and mental and physical handicaps among a host of others including serving a pre-surgical patient population that does not have their testing in our department. Each day is different. I have come to expect the unexpected. Challenges in patient care are just a normal part of nursing. Sometimes the hardest part of the job for me is trying to teach over the phone but it can also be the most enjoyable as patient's really seem to appreciate it. I am always trying to find creative ways to get education to this patient population. I really enjoy what I do.
Pros
Good schedule. Opportunites for autonomy in our job roles.
Cons
Vacation and sick time benefits should be increased, the 403b benefit matching is not paid til the end of the year instead of with each paycheck, there is not enough education reimbursement.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 28, 2017
I absolutely love my job. This is the first Hospital that I have worked at that actually cares about their employees. I have a great group of coworkers, management is always there when you need them. The doctors are awesome and so down to earth. Raises are given. I love it here.
Pass on this place
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJune 6, 2017
Management changes the rules constantly. You are micromanaged. They call you in no problem and work you to death when it's busy but when it's slow you have to go home (quickly) or stay home and take your accrued PTO/vacation time if you want to get paid your hours. For a staff nurse and NOT an on-call position, if census is low they will call you off an hour before your scheduled shift but can call you back anytime (like 15 minutes after they call you off). Then they may send you home 2 hours later if it's slow. Then call you back if it gets busy. So cheap, terrible benefits, no regard for staff satisfaction or morale. Critical patients are interesting and challenging but they are anywhere so I'd recommend you go somewhere that values your time and hard work. Coworkers and physicians are mostly pretty nice, though.
Pros
Nice coworkers, free parking
Cons
Management making a stressful job intolerable, weak nursing leadership who won't put a stop to the nonsense.
Love the job, not the management
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 10, 2017
Love the job, not the management, We all work very hard but the management doesn't care about their employees. The supervisor the techs have now doesn't care about his employees.
Good place for clinical
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 6, 2017
I was here for my labor and delivery rotation for nursing school and everyone was very helpful and nice. They made me feel very welcomed and received multiple compliments from patients.
no comment
case management social work (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHMarch 30, 2017
a day at work is very fast pace with heavy case load with acute patients and challenging families through out the day. No lunch late hours and weekend rotation and holiday rotation, on call rotation
Yrs 2006/2007 when there management not as approachable and understanding when dealing with employees.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middlebrg Hts, OHMarch 1, 2017
Nurses during this period were not valued as much as when I started working for this hospital was also difficult for nurses to be compassionate to their patients due to increased assignment load which was the main reason I left no time to be one on one .
Very fast paced fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHFebruary 28, 2017
I loved meeting with various patients daily, and it was nice to be able to get through the workday quickly. I liked how reps would bring us lunches and my co workers were awesome and very caring people.
Fun workplace. Management cares about their employees. Multiple resources available to employees.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Great co-workers, fun workplace, management cares about their staff. Multiple resources and incentives for employees. Friendly environment. Continuing education available to employees for free.
Many Posistions while working for SWGHC
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 17, 2016
• Responsible for registered patient billing information
• Schedule appointments; file patient charts
• Co-payment processing; patient inquires, handled complaints
I was fortunate to advance to 3 different titles while working for SWGHC. Competitive salary.
Fast paced growing organization with potential for growth.
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJune 17, 2016
Although it's been almost ten years since I have worked for the organization, it was a very nice place to work. Growing rapidly. Opportunity for growth and personal development.
Pros
Excellent comensation with opportunity for growth.
Cons
Frequent turn over of Executive Team.
Typical day at work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 18, 2015
When I get to work I set my station up, help on the line, then pick up my cart and go in the dishroom and then after that we pull out the clean dishes and put them away neatly.
Great Place to Work
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 2, 2015
During my tenure at Southwest General, I have met many wonderful, intelligent, and caring people. I am glad for the time I have spent here and have gained much knowledge from working multiple positions.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Downsizing
Left due to down sizing of organization
Associate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 30, 2015
New CEO on board and positions/departments downsized
A lot of seasoned staff were let go in monthly increments
Not hearing a lot of positive comments of of date
Senior clerk (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 10, 2015
I have spent the last 15 years working for Southwest, coworkers are great, I am very sad that Southwest is selling the Urgicares.
Pros
Cons
Urgicare being sold
Very busy office, with dedicated Staff
Senior clerk (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 20, 2015
I have been with Southwest General for 15 Years. It has been a stable and educational experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest General Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Southwest General Health Center Reviews by Location