Southwest General Hospital Employee Reviews

Southwest General Hospital review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Fast paced medical floor. You need to be strong in your skills to work at this hospital. Management is trying to make it a nice place to work offering bonuses and movie tickets for extra shifts worked. you need to show up on time for your shift,It makes the day much harder on everyone when someone is late.
Pros
free movie tickets and bonuses
Cons
some people with sour attitudes
great staff
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working with patients and staff. The management was very help full when you needed help or always available to answer any questions. All worked together
Rn
RN new born home visit (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 5, 2018
I worked in Home Care as a Newborn and post partum assessment at their home . I learned how to do home care nursing. I loved this job is was flexible and rewarding.
Pros
flexible
Needs better staffing
Psychiatric Services Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78264December 11, 2017
Nice place to work but not nearly enough staff, on boarding takes forever. Newly acquired by steward health care. Major lack of staffing and consistency with those that do work here
Pros
Love my job
Cons
Staffing
Clinical Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 21, 2017
Typical day was working on projects or trouble shooting issues with equipment. Working with clinicians and providers with their work flow and what works best for them.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
Feast or fatnum work flows.
My Ratings Should Speak for This
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 20, 2017
Just check the ratings they say all I need to say.
I don't think I need to say anything more on this.
I enjoy working for SWG but do not enjoy the salary.
great place to work
Radiologic Technologist, Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHNovember 13, 2017
Great place to work. great staff, good pay and benefits. Caring bosses and CEO. Competitive pay. Started in the school of radiology and have never left.
A good place to learn and advance
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2017
A good place to learn specially OB/GYN. Good environment and friendly employees. The hard part is doing on-call. It has a good cafeteria with a great employee discount.
Fast past on second shify
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 7, 2017
Very fast pace on second shift especially in the Emergency Department. Great group of ladies I work with in the lab. Team work on second shift is awesome, we all work well together!
Provides care to a specific patient population
RN-Clinical Applications Educator for IT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2017
The nursing and ancillary staff were great to work with, this was the most enjoyable part of the job! Hiring of new nursing graduates with very little, if any experience.
Everyone is third rate
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2017
Last Stop for providers on their way down the toilet. Nurse Practitioners work there that don't know anything. Four or five NPs to every doctor. They are faking it until they make it. Unfortunately, that is something you don't want or need when your about to die.
Pros
No body cares so thats an execeptable culture for all the third string players
Cons
Although food is free you don't have time to eat it
Like my coworkers
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2017
It's a good place to start because of the experience you can get and the employees and the Dr will teach you how to become a great employee. The experience will be great.
Productive and fun workplace
Employment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Hts., OhSeptember 24, 2017
Outstanding workplace. Rated top 10 workplace.
I have worked at Southwest General Hospital for almost 10 years and plan to retired from my position. I have enjoyed my time at Southwest.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Far from home
Poorly managed
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2017
This hospital has dangerously high patient ratios and no charge nurses in place to assist with these ratios. They do not have up to date or safe equipment and upon approaching they say well what do you expect when most of our clients are Medicaid they get what they get.
Cons
Not patient focuses
Management is always for the patients and nurses
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
The directors and other management are always for the nurses even when they are in the wrong. If you're a can then they'll find a way to get rid of you. The cnas are walking on eggshells because if the upper management thinks they say the wrong thing or are perceived as looking the wrong way at someone then they'll get you wrote up or fired. You can't even defend yourself because you're expendable. Even the charge nurses are wanting to leave.
Pros
Cons
short staffed, 1 cna for 25-27pts, 4 or 5 nurses and no help, expected to take excellent care of all patients as if there was only 10 patients
Best place I have ever worked at
STNA (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHJuly 14, 2017
Southwest is a company that provides quality care to patients. They work well with school schedules and have been the best place to work at. I would encourage anybody to get a job at Southwest
Enjoyed the office environment and it was close to home
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2017
Co-workers were great to work with. Every day was different. At the end of the day it felt like a big accomplishment to help the doctors and the floors with the records that were needed.
Pros
Having the cafeteria
Cons
The compensation could be better
Very nice place to work
Operating room technician/ housekeeper and janitor (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights OhioJune 28, 2017
Awesome job, love the people there, great hour but the pay could be better but it's worth it in the things you just get to learn we also have great perks for being an awesome worker and during holidays they let us have plenty of time with our families
Pros
I learned so much that this job
Cons
Too far from my home and get off to late to catch the bus
Tough Place to work
Registered Nurse PCU (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
This hospital serves the south side of town, some of the most diverse patients are treated here. It's a small hospital. The nurses are some of the best I've ever worked with. It's hard work, but there is a lot of teamwork. Administration isn't the best, but it's changing. I would gladly go back.
Pros
Nurses
Cons
Admministration
fair
Registration Coordinator/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
This was an emergency room setting. Very high paced and competitive at times. Patients are the main priority. Obtaining signed consents and copays at time of their visits