SOUTHWEST GENERAL HOSPITAL

SOUTHWEST GENERAL HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

good place to work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), OHJanuary 29, 2015
Cons: low census, lack of work
Overall great place to work. Friendly staff throughout. Proper staffing. Great management team, understand staffs concerns. Everyone is helpful and works together as a team.
Working in a facility that cares about your personal and family needs as well as your work place.
Surgical Tech II (Former Employee), SurgeryNovember 10, 2014
Pros: management going out of their way to help all employees.
Cons: retireing
Southwest General is a wonderful place to work. Each day you are greeted with compassion. Your peers become your family. Management is tuned into your needs. They are more than happy to help you with more education, and any needs you may need to help get your job done right. The hardest part of my job was to retire.
Excellent atmosphere and good workplace
Posting Lab Clerk (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 23, 2014
Nice work environment, challenging and capable to grow in my dept.
Team work is a plus.
Great place to work. I am here only 4-6 hours per week and everyone is great.
EEG Technologist On-Call (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: no direct supervision, i know what needs to be done and i do it, everyone is very nice, employee discount in the cafeteria., a relaxed working environment.
Cons: location, to far from home, spend too much on gas for a few hours of work.
I come in on the weekends, I check for EEG procedures to be done. On a typical day, I can do between 3 and 4 procedures. I set up my equipment and go and perform the EEG studies. I've met a lot of great people working on the patient floors and the ICU. All the patients are done at the bed side. The patients are either in their room, the intensive care or the emergency center. I enjoy this type of work because of the diversity and the challenge. My co-workers are very nice, everyone gets along and there is no one breathing down your neck. You are responsible for your work as it comes in and everyone does what they have to do. The EEG lab in in the Cardio-Pulmonary area so there are other technical staff which are very nice to talk to. The hardest part of my job is waiting around for EEG orders to come in. the most enjoyable part of my job is the difficult Intensive Care patients. I know I am providing a service for them and sometimes it is challenging because of their condition. I like this, I enjoy taking care of them and doing the best I can under unusual circumstances.
Very productive work setting
Southwest General Migrator Administration-Intern (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: always will be considered an employee
Cons: temporary position
Everything at Southwest Hospital runs smoothly.
Co-workers are great
Enjoy the patients
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Middleburg Hts ohioSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: new er
Cons: short breaks
Overall I enjoy the patient but the management at southwest can be unprofessional at times.
good place to start out as a nurse
Registered Nurse, Labor and delivery unit (Former Employee), middleburg heightsAugust 10, 2014
The hospital is a small community hospital and after working at a large Cleveland Clinic facility it is apparent that Southwest has a less experiences management crowd.
Work with patients in mental health setting
Student Intern Fieldwork Level II (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 28, 2014
Excellent Learning Atmosphere. Patients were challenging but the experience was rewarding
Patient care
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJune 11, 2014
To help create a well develop health care support team. In order to maintain care for multiple patients. To embrace the hard work that people don't think about that matters.
I worked the night shift so it was very quite.
PBX Operator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2014
Loved the management. They always made sure to keep it fair when it came to the schedule.
There are better hospitals to work for.
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good employees and friendly atmosphere.
Cons: bad hospital politics
Southwest General fortunately, has good employees but not valued. Laboratory is not state of the art and require better technology. Benefits have been downgraded and therefore we loose our providers whom we have become to value their treatments. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet "turn around times" with malfunctioning equipment. Bad leadership within the company. Low paying wages. Southwest General needs to step up their game.
low paying hospital
RN on Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: small hospital
Cons: short staffed, poor working equipment
I wanted to go back to patient care in a hospital atmosphere, and unfortunately suffered a pay cut in the process.
Good work environment
Charge nurse on Labor and Delivery unit (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 1, 2014
Excellent staff of Doctors, well run facility.
Level one facility which allows me to use my skills
to care for laboring/ triage patients. I have been trained to scrub
for cesarean sections as well as charge RN position.
crazy busy emergency room- great experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: the satisfaction of a challenge met
Cons: no time for breaks or lunches.
a typical day at the ER is like taking a spin on the wheel of fortune. You never know what will walk in the door. We see an incredible variety of acuity from all walks of life. There is typically no time to sit down and relax and rarely any breaks, but the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day is worth it.
Overall good place to work....some nepitism
OT (Former Employee), mainJuly 15, 2013
Pros: pay, fast-paced, patients
Cons: management
top heavy with management and individual depts. tend to have some difficulty communicating effectively.
Good High School Job
Food Service Assistant / Sanitation (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 2, 2013
Very basic work, excellent for spare cash
Deliver trays to patients
I love my co-workers, but patient to nurse ratio can be heavy at times.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), MIddleburg Heights OhioJune 28, 2013
Pros - Tuition reimbursement, co-workers, free parking, short commute.

Cons - Heavy patient to nurse ratio
A place to Learn
EKG/EEG Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2013
Pros: bosses i could turn to about anything
Cons: no full time postion was available
I was able to use my bilingual skills, had great superviors that would encourage and teach things to advance in my job and give me information about Respitory Therapy.
good place
LVN (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2013
great place to work friendly staff great patients and a fun environment for all
Productive, and wonderful place to work!
Current: Externship (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHApril 1, 2013
Although I am not employed there, My externship here has already shown me that this facility is organized, as well as a productive and great place to be at.

The management is well structured, the co-workers are extremely friendly, and a typical day at work is busy but runs smoothly.