Southwest General Hospital Employee Reviews

Southwest General Hospital
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
My experience at Southwest General Hospital was a great one. I was a Mental Health Technician working in the Psychiatric Department. I learned a lot from the RN's and from the other staff that I worked with.
Pros
Great medical experience
Cons
sometimes had to deal with patients that were in danger of harming themselves or others.
Great place to work.
Purchasing assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Not as much pay as other hospitals. Benefits are pretty good. Everyone is like family. The people that work there are caring. Not much room for advancement is a big drawback but most people stay there til they retire
Pros
Benefirs are hood
Cons
Pay not as muvh as othdrz
High Demand for Low Census
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2016
Human Resource Specialist and Risk Management Assistant required to multitask for 2 or more departments on a regular 8 hour work day. Due to low patient census employees were asked to use PTO to ensure that their departments would stay within budget.
Pros
Great Employee Incentives
Cons
Required to take PTO for days sent home due to low patient census
Fun work place to work
Medical Records Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 24, 2016
Still while in high school, but for being my first job I considered this place and job opportunity a fun place to work. Our department would hold a physicians lunch in, we would interact with doctors and help them sign off on pending medical records and dictated reports (H&P, discharge reports, etc.)
Pros
Learned so much of medical thermonaligy
Cons
Short lunch break
a great place to grow
Patient Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2016
A great place to lgrow and to learn it is in a beautiful area the staff is very friendly and reatto lend a place to learn and grow. The show a love for there patients
Pros
nice a
Sociable and teamworking coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2016
my coworker are very helpful, cooperate to make a success at the end of the shift. charge nurse is always there for assistance
Working at hospital with was very helpful and I learned a lot about the medical field.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2016
I was a certify nurse assistant. Worked in different units in hospital, such as NICU, medical and surgical unit and telemetry. I worked directly under the assign nurses for the unit. I gain a lot of experience and knowledge on the medical field. Co-workers always were willing to help and teach as will as the hospital itself helping by teaching us more. management was good.
Friendly and family orintation work place
Acute Dialysis RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2016
A high pace work facility which you must be highly skillful in your area of practice. I have learned to coordinate with other units. Have met a lot of friendly nurses, doctors, and upper management.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts on uniforms and food
Cons
short breaks
Overworked; patients are wonderful compared to other places in the city
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2016
High nurse turnover rates, nurses are overworked, benefits are good. Patients are so nice, friendly, humble, sincere and appreciative of everything.
good hospital
STAFF PROGRESSIVE CAR UNIT CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2016
good hospital thats all...good for experience for taking care of sick patients.

Good team work, hard working staff and ancillary services. Enjoy being here.
Pros
good hospital
Lead mht
LMHT/ Nursing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2016
The patients are what make the job great, helping the patients with daily ADL's (average daily living), monitoring patients behaviors every 15 min, making sure they do not try to harm themselves or anyone else. Management is poor they give overtime to those who only accept bonuses but do not give those who need their regular hours, this is what makes it hard to want to work their but the patients are wonderful and make the job worth it.
Pros
weekend differential
Cons
good healthcare
Needs Improvement
Patient Care Assistant-Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 4, 2016
I would not recommend this company. The nurses did not want to help. There were a lot of cliques among the nurses on 4E and management was horrible. There were never enough Nurse Aides on this floor and you were expected to do double work in the same amount of time. I did not find anything enjoyable about this jobs besides patient care.
Great place to learn
LMRT (Former Employee) –  Southwest General HospitalJune 28, 2016
Southwest General Hospital was a great place to learn my trade. Co-workers were friendly, willing to assist, and available to answer any questions.
N/a
RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2016
I love the place I work. Love my co-workers. I would stay if I could. I need a full time position that is not available at this time.
Exciting and educational workplace
Emergency Unit Clerk/CNA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2016
Working in the ER is an exciting and educational place to work. I had the opportunity to see and learn about almost every health issue that could happen. The teamwork is excellent at Southwest General Hospital ER. From the nurses, radiology, registration, Dr's, lab techs everyone always worked together.
Good environment
Dietitian Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2016
Good co-workers.
Management was able to help regarding towards school schedules.
I enjoyed working for the company assisting with patients.
High Nursing turn over rate.
Registered Nurse in the Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 1, 2016
Surgery dept. high turn over rate. Unqualified management. 80 percent of staff in O.R. less than 5years experience. Nursing coverage of all shifts, increased call shifts.
Cons
unqualified management.
Wonderful place to work, very flexible scheduling to allow you to further your education
RN (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, OHApril 13, 2016
Very flexible scheduling to allow you to further your education. Supportive management. Great teamwork. Patient to staff ratios are great.
Overtime was available
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 12, 2016
. new personality hired or admitted everyday
. learned how to cater to all personality types
. management needed to advance
. very helpful like a team
. no promotions available
. it was most enjoyable to be working overtime
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
no promotions were available
Southwest general hospital
ER REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
what I enjoy most about my current job the fast and unpredictable pasted of the ER , I'd say that I also enjoy giving direct support to nurses ,doctors and patients in a way that really makes a difference. The contribution I make is vital to the success of the hospital . I enjoy the challenge; I enjoy the responsibility and I enjoy the precise approach which is necessary for me to deliver the information the management rely upon.
Pros
Long hours, Great pay, Friendly place to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

90%