SOUTHWEST GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 9, 2015
constantly understaffed, patients dont get the amount of attention needed because of staffing issues. not enough breaks or time for lunches. beautiful clean building.
Fun place to work...
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHDecember 1, 2015
I enjoy my job and the people I work with. I like coming into work each day. My position is vital to the unit. I've learned a lot about the clinical aspect of a hospital.
Pros
people
benefits
Unsafe patient care ratios
Licensed Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2015
I worked in the telemetry department and was expected to care for 7 patients with a daily turn over rate of 2-3 discharges and readmissions. Existing staff were rude, critical and set new nurse hires up for failure at the expense of the patients. Poorly run management. I arrived for work on 2 occasions only to have my preceptor not at work. The director lashed out at me in reference to having poor communication with the preceptor when in fact we had set to meet.
Summary
EEG/Cardiac Stress Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2015
This hospital at the time I was an employee was a great place to learn but the opportunity of advancement wasn't available. Advancement was possible due to a personal relationship with the key leadership must be available being family or direct connection. Again it was a great place to learn new skills and attending school for future advancement elsewhere.

As of today I am not familiar of the culture and the issues which were present during my employment.
Pros
Improving skills
Cons
Advancement difficulties / relation
SWG HOSPITAL
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2015
Very professional hospital, that serviced the Southside region of San Antonio Tx, very active Emergency Room and ICU. A great place to work!
Pros
Profession Staff
Cons
None.
The ER is the Front line in the war of Healthcare
Emergency Room Tech (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2015
Working in the ER has become a way of life. I would never change departments. I love my job and what I do, the things I see and learn. I absolutely love my coworkers. They are my family and who I spend most of my time with in my every day life. Managers come and go, they all have their good points and bad points. The only complaint I truly have is that I work so hard and do so much for my hospital, I'm loyal and have worked here since I got off my extern years ago. I have dedicated my life to this place. But they don't pay me enough to live on. As an ER tech I perform the same jobs as a nurse. I work harder than the nurses in whom are assigned their 4 patients, as I am expected to take care of all the doctors, nurses and their patients, for the entire ER. While keeping the ER up to par for those who work there and the patients who visit. My salary has been my biggest complaint and things have never changed. Financially they do not take care of their loyal employees. Also, their insurance coverage is the worst I've ever had while being costly.
Nights and weekends
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at the hospital. Building bonds with patients and co-workers. I felt that I was making a difference. However, for the short amount of time that I worked there I worked nights, weekends, and every holiday.
productive, safe and fun place to work.
FT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2015
Almost everyday is a typical day cause it's the only hospital on that side of San Antonio. I learned to be more patient and always makes priority. The management is very supportive. Some colleagues doesn't care. The most enjoyable part of my job is that when I did everything without mistake.
Unorganized Place to work
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 7, 2015
No support from management. The low census makes getting your hours very difficult. If you are not in the popular crowd, work is very difficult
Productive with a good environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  middleburg, OhioJuly 21, 2015
Every employee comes together to work as a team while also having fun. The second shift management is also very friendly and help to make sure that to team works effectively.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
low payment

Want to know more about SOUTHWEST GENERAL HOSPITAL?

Ask a question
I liked working there
STNA (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 20, 2015
I liked working there, friendly staff and helpful. They were willing to train you for the job you were hired to do. I learned things that the nurses were willing to teach. The nurses there were always willing to help. They would explain things so I was able to learn them in a positive manner.
Great intern experience
Unit Clerk/Secretary Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2015
started here as an intern through school, really great place did rotations throughout the hospital, later became a employee. staff for the most part really great, management friendly.
Pros
Learning experience, enjoyable time
i feel i wrote my review with the best of my ability
out pt access rep (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 21, 2015
I have very much enjoyed my job at sw but I just feel its time for me to move on and give my all to other customers at a different enviorment now. my typical day consist of opening a building accepting patients coming in for labs registering them with all there medical information and personal information. getting to know a lot of pts that came in often. making phone calls to follow up with drs ofc. registering pts for cat scans etc. physical therapy. faxing orders to others. I love my time with sw. but just want to move on now and continue to give in other ways.
Pros
having early hrs and getting home early to still enjoy my day
Cons
not many cons
Fair with poor compensation and very poor benefits
kitchen help (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2015
Poor all the way around. This employer has a high turnover rate. Not a very good place to work. Not highly recommended. Good place if you want to train.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Fun workplace and the feeling of helping people.
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 5, 2015
People oriented workplace with good benefits. Filled subpoenas with necessary medical records. I learned what could be released as well as scanning the charts. My coworkers were friendly and we worked together to complete a task.The hardest part of my job was going through the "legal files" and determining which were closed and which were still open. The most enjoyable part of my job was putting the records in order and scanning them into the computer.
Pros
helped me quit smoking and aids were free. fully stocked cafeteria. banking machine in the lobby.
Accepting and conquering all challenges
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2015
I would register all incoming ER patients also would verify all benefits and collect all co pays and also collect all fees for self pay patients as well. Would also screen all self pay patients for insurance via medicaid or medicare. The hardest part of the this job was being understaff. This help me learn how to multitask to the hightest level of my ability.
Pros
fast paced challenging demanding
Cons
short staffed
good place to work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  OHJanuary 29, 2015
Overall great place to work. Friendly staff throughout. Proper staffing. Great management team, understand staffs concerns. Everyone is helpful and works together as a team.
Cons
low census, lack of work
Working in a facility that cares about your personal and family needs as well as your work place.
Surgical Tech II (Former Employee) –  SurgeryNovember 10, 2014
Southwest General is a wonderful place to work. Each day you are greeted with compassion. Your peers become your family. Management is tuned into your needs. They are more than happy to help you with more education, and any needs you may need to help get your job done right. The hardest part of my job was to retire.
Pros
management going out of their way to help all employees.
Cons
retireing
Excellent atmosphere and good workplace
Posting Lab Clerk (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 23, 2014
Nice work environment, challenging and capable to grow in my dept.
Team work is a plus.
Great place to work. I am here only 4-6 hours per week and everyone is great.
EEG Technologist On-Call (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2014
I come in on the weekends, I check for EEG procedures to be done. On a typical day, I can do between 3 and 4 procedures. I set up my equipment and go and perform the EEG studies. I've met a lot of great people working on the patient floors and the ICU. All the patients are done at the bed side. The patients are either in their room, the intensive care or the emergency center. I enjoy this type of work because of the diversity and the challenge. My co-workers are very nice, everyone gets along and there is no one breathing down your neck. You are responsible for your work as it comes in and everyone does what they have to do. The EEG lab in in the Cardio-Pulmonary area so there are other technical staff which are very nice to talk to. The hardest part of my job is waiting around for EEG orders to come in. the most enjoyable part of my job is the difficult Intensive Care patients. I know I am providing a service for them and sometimes it is challenging because of their condition. I like this, I enjoy taking care of them and doing the best I can under unusual circumstances.
Pros
no direct supervision, i know what needs to be done and i do it, everyone is very nice, employee discount in the cafeteria., a relaxed working environment.
Cons
location, to far from home, spend too much on gas for a few hours of work.