Southwest Key Programs

Southwest Key Programs Employee Reviews

Productive and can work from home
RISK COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
Pros: Occasionally have option to work from home.
Cons: Short Breaks and Health Care
Productive but long days. Learned Risk Coordinator functions. Management very busy, co-workers are great. Hardest part is that the company does not offer much training and much traveling. Most enjoyable part of my job is I am able to work from home.
Organization that treats employees as family.
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits Package
Excellent organization that truly strives to accomplish its mission. Thousands of youth are positively impacted every year by the services that Southwest Key Programs offers.
Productive, diverse organization
Trainer and Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Southwest Key (SWK) is a very diverse organization. Southwest Key has programs in both the non-profit and profit sector as well as operates a charter school in East Austin.
High responsibility level of work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), San Benito, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: Health care, salary
Cons: Very limited flexibility for vacations and personal time
First two hours for planning the day activities, reporting, updating records in the local system, managing activities, problem solving, preparing the information needed for the next day.

Creativity is limited due to the rules and policies.

Direct Management very supportive, and co-oworkers friendly and job committed.

The hard part is travel 50 miles trough a dangerous freeway because of too many speeding drivers above limits

The most enjoyable and rewarding part is the words I receive from the clients.
family oriented
Case Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay
The unique trait about my job is the interaction I have with clients I get to work with. I work with a great pool of staff who support the position and the philosophy of our mission, which is advocating a parenting program that is dynamic to clients who stay with us as well as retaining new clients who hear about the program and enroll.
It was a place where I learned, I grew professionally and achieve bring a lot of values and education
Mathematics, Science, Teacher And Shift Leader. (Former Employee), El Paso & Clint TexasFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: 401 k program, health insurance, bonus, etc.
The primary function of the Southwest Key Program is to provide students with the right atmosphere for your stay as profitable as possible; that environment includes school education, sports, recreational and cultural activities according to the academic level of each.
A normal day is to attend the program with the best disposition to help students and provide them the best one in human development and appearance; equally timely preparation class as well as the program of the day it is to be conducted.
My personal experiences of learning were many, but the most important was the knowledge that you can always give something positive for someone else and make a difference if one tries.
The hardest part is when some young man comes to the program with some emotional damage caused by different family reasons and utilization is low.
The best part of this job is seeing positive results in youth in learning achievement in their personal conduct and character.
Fun working outdoors
Maintenance/Transporter (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health benefits
Maintaining a secure place
Crisis intervention, First Aid & CPR.
Good management
Helpful coworkers and teamwork
commuting 60 minutes.
great place
youth care worker (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
Southwest key i a great place to work but has its problems such as employees not listening to there supervisors or gossiping about everyone also management is not very good they just show up and do nothing
they have their favorites
Youth Care Tracker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2015
I loved working with the kids but that's about it. if your not their favorite then your not going to go far. management sucks.
productive ,fun work place
YOUTH CARE WORKER (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 24, 2014
productive and always room for advancement, very rewarding , holiday pay and vacation
To proportionate a safe and secure invironment to youth
YCW/vocational teacher (Former Employee), Canutillo, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: to serve as a role model for youth
Cons: distance
Conduct intake and initial placements for youth in to shelter.
Provide basic needs to youth. Develop positive rapport with youth and serve as a role model. Assist and coordinate special events at the
facility. Provide education and physical activities to the youth.
Assist in case of natural disaster. To ensure a safe and caring
environment for the children. To meet state and federal requirements. Job was very rewarding as per client satisfaction.
ORGANIZING LEGAL
YOUTH CARE WORKER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2014
ORGANIZING LEGAL DOCUMENTS TO CLIENTS IN INMIGRATION COURT. WORKING WITH THE
AUTHORITIES OF ICE AND PROVIDING PROTECTION TO INMIGRANT CHILDREN.
Very cool place to work.
Information Technology (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: not stable
Cool place to work but the downfall that your job is not secure due to budget cuts.
Fun place
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2014
A typical day at work for me is supervising staff and clients. Every day I learn something different regarding clients and changes going on in the program. I have great co-workers with awesome skills. The hardest part of the job is to find out of any changes at the last minute. I enjoy interacting with kids, creating activities and having all my work days different. I love communicating with staff, passing information and helping them with what ever they need.
Fun and lively co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee), Combes, TXNovember 23, 2014
One of the best companies to work for. Here you are made to feel like family.
No leadership from management
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 22, 2014
Hard to know what is going, all management does is hide behind closed doors. They do not mix with the help, hardly ever see them talking to the workers.
Fun and Lively Office Environment
Case Manager (Former Employee), TXNovember 21, 2014
- Typically one would enter the office, check voice mailed and emails, and answer all correspondence. One would work on the reunification packets and if assistance was needed, there were other coworkers to assist as well as a supervisor with an open door policy. There would typically be about two (2) meetings a day to discuss needed topics and a case manager would take one day out of the week to speak to all their clients in the shelter.
- I learned effective and attentive listening, how to assist a coworker if needed and how to ask for assistance. I learned how to use different reporting methods and how to submit and review family reunification packets. I also learned how to manage the case management team.
-My co-workers were all friendly, open and willing to assist if needed.
- The hardest part of the job was when a client or sponsor effected a case by misbehaving or ruining the case because of something they were not truthful about.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was when a client would finally be reunited with their sponsor and they would have their family reunited after years of not seeing each other.
Horribile Workplace
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: mangement, management, management are a joke
This place is a joke. If you are looking to apply here do not do it. Working here was a great experience when working with the children. The management however are the worst part of the job. There were more than 30 individuals who either got fired within a few years of me working there. The management will use and abuse you however they can. The management is Indian and will only treat the Indian staff and Indian kids with respect. They will belittle you and treat you horribly. They are very shady individuals and if they do not like you, they will do whatever they can to get you fired. They also love to gossip about their staff. Several reports have been made to HR about management and they do not care. When you allow individuals such as these people to run your company then it makes you part of the problem. This was the worst company that I have ever worked for.
Excellent workplace with a great job culture
Case Manager (Current Employee), San Benito, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great team work and communication, bonuses, and employee recognition lunches.
These job will keep myself occupied at all times. There is always something different to do which makes the job interesting. It is always good not to have a routine at work. I have learned and developed policies and procedures regarding training and education. Time management is crucial to this job, due dates have to be meet in short notice.

There is a great workplace environment created by the staff and co-workers, everyone is approachable and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is that changes are constant, policies and procedures are always changing, however, this is what makes the job exciting.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to reunify unaccompanied minors to their families and be able to provide them with the necessary tool in order for them to succeed.
Plenty of room for growth, but very hard work!
Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: swk pays the most for case managers in the phoenix area. there is lots of room for growth, excellent benefits and you don't have to be a road warrior for the job, like many other cm jobs.
Cons: pay is not great, raises based on grant funding, no lunch breaks, must speak spanish 100% of time, work holidays, no cell phones allowed.
SWK is a demanding organization. As a case manager the amount of work is overwhelming, but there is opportunity for advancement. There are many locations to work at and several states to transfer to if you're looking to relocate for better opportunities. They are very strict and operate very much like a military setting, which is a bit discouraging. Staff are overall friendly, which helps immensely, but there is a high turn over so the workload is next to impossible to complete. I personally would not recommend this company, unless you don't mind being micromanaged and working with undocumented youths.

1 2 3