Southwest Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not for me
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2017
I had a horrible experience with my coworkers at my time of employment. They do have some great techs that take great care of the patients. It just wasn't a place for me.
Staff RN and Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 14, 2017
Great place to work, staff willing to help each other and was able to gain a lot of experience. Physicians were easy to work with and was great mentors to the nurses.
A nice professional work enviroment
O.R. Scheduler/Post Case Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Liberal, KSFebruary 8, 2017
Every day at work has been a learning experience. When it comes to any healthcare place, there's always new and exciting education on the rise and I believe Southwest Medical Center is amongst the best teaching hospitals.
Good workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2017
Good workplace. Wonderful overnight crew. The manager who was overnight was not a good boss. He did not take good care of the overnight shift. The one other girl I worked with overnight was amazing and proficient at her job. The hardest part of the job was the hours I work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Liberal, KSJanuary 30, 2017
Friendly and good place to work. Lots of walking. Little stress. Learning how to deal with people in need of help. Helping people find their way around the hospital.
Pros
Little Stress
Cons
Wage
informative and fast pace enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 25, 2017
a typical day as a volunteer, helping file patient folders, call in patients, and take their vitals.
I learned how to work quickly and be attentive to my co-workers.
the management was unorganized but functional.
the workplace culture was friendly and helpful environment.
The hardest part of the job was the overwhelming of file to put back in their proper place.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having familiar face around you and nice breaks
Pros
easy and helpful
Cons
unorganized
great place
Personal Care Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 2, 2016
I loved everything about this place, I hate that I had to move out of state if it wasn't for that I would still be working here.
Pros
everything
Great experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2016
Worked as a patient Care Technician on the Oncology floor. Working with patients that were experiencing the effects of cancer was a great experience for me that brought me great pleasure to help be a part of their recovery
Pros
Great Benefits
good stmosphere
PTA (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 23, 2015
good support from administration and supervisors, great experience working with various Therapist in a variety of settings, In-patient Rehab, Out-patient Rehab, Acute and Cardiac Rehab
Pros
good support, good learning environment
Cons
Staffing changes
Great place
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 14, 2015
love the people i work with everyday. Wish i did not have to move. Maybe someday i can come back. would recommend to others for employment.
Pros
nice people
Cons
pay
Caring for patients
Clinic Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSNovember 20, 2015
Southwest Medical Center strives to be the most sought after healthcare organization in the southwest part of Kansas. It strives to meet the needs of the community through all aspects of its service lines.
productive and fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 20, 2015
this job showed me how to do insurance , filing , computer skills and it also helped me alot with my communicating with people . my co workers was very easy to get along with . they made the office like a second home .
Productive fun environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2015
I loved working here, I enjoyed getting to know the patients and their families. The staff was amazing, but I was offered a job closer to home working the day shift and decided at the time that was the best option for myself and my son.
Pros
10% discount, employee charges
Cons
working nights
Great place work
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  St.louis, MoJuly 25, 2015
Delivering records, processing request, answer the phone for patient refills request. My co-workers we're the best. The hardest part this job was hand walking charts to three level doctor office, because we were not allow to use the elevator.
Challenging, Uptight, Struggling place of employment
Medical Record's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa CA 95407May 10, 2015
Fine detail, hard work, speed, accuracy, faxing, minimal phones.
It was difficult working with my supervisor as our communication was poor. Many of the employees were disgruntled, over worked, unhappy. The doctors were not very happy, were stressed out, and communication within the facility needed vast improvement
Pros
early hours
Cons
minimal patient contact, uptight difficult atmosphere, poor morale within the office, disgruntled employees
back stabbing
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Louis MOMay 7, 2015
The employees are understaffed, overworked. There is no support from managers. Very stressful place to work. No appreciation from management.
Cons
manager
Fun place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed my time here and felt that the staff was invested in their jobs
productive
Transporter (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSOctober 27, 2014
typical work day her consisted of transpoting patients from one department to the other throughout the hospital.
multi
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  st louis moOctober 19, 2014
This was my first job right after medical assisting school. It was a good organization to work for, but at the time they did have a very high turn over rate. Again, it was been close to years since I have worked there so it is very hard to give an actuate review.
nice place to work
cna on telemetry and med floor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 20, 2014
just didnt like moving to other departments when they wanted to switch you cause someone else didnt come in for work