Southwest Metal Finishing Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company with excellent benefits
Plating Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 6, 2016
Overall my time at Southwest Metal finishing was an great experience. During my time there i met of alot of great people and was able to learn the skills that I needed to be successful while with this company and future placements.
Job security and pay was good.
Inspector and Hand Packager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 22, 2015
Job security and pay was good, but the company was not very ethical. Over the years I worked there I did get a lot of overtime and I did get some pretty decent raises, but ethically speaking the company suffered and it wasn't very organized either and a lot of people didn't stay because of that. As the company grew through out the years their organization improved tremendously and I started to feel relieved. I was the designated trainer on second shift and I enjoyed doing that on a daily basis because I like teaching people new things and it took me away from inspecting, which can become mundane after you've been doing it for a while.
Pros
overtime, good raises
Cons
poor communication, lack of organization
receiving product and dunnage, organizing inventory
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 13, 2015
fun place to work fellow employees are very team oriented. daily changes to the schedule make an interesting work day . hours are pretty good.
Generally good work environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Berlin WisoncinMay 6, 2015
This was a general labor position where we performed our duties as the needs of the business required.
I found the people hard working and good to know.
Great learning experience
Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIApril 28, 2015
Was a great learning experience for my entry into the field I was pursuing. Many of the things I learned here I was able to use at my next position.
very productive but fun
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 22, 2014
Every day tried to learn something new and had fun while doing it. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Management saw my ambitions and work ethic so i was promoted fast.
A Great company to work for. With good pay and the ability to advance in the company.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 16, 2013
To make sure everything in the offices and plants (production buildings) were in good working condition, good working order, and a safe working environment. Trouble shoot and repair as needed. Work with other company department heads and supervisors. Work with outside venders and contractors. Work with customers. My supervisors were great to work for and with.
productive and fun
Painter/Polisher (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 3, 2013
I would started work at 6 am i would set up two machines one for painting and one for polishing after my set up i would get my orders from my supervisor after about a half of days work i would switch of to the polishing maching
I enjoyed working there, after the fire they down sized. I was part of the first swipe.
Motor Cycle Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 30, 2013
I inspected raw material, copper and brass motor cycle parts for the Harley corporation. sometime a dirty job sometime a clean job. I conducted some light assembly of parts. took them completed work to the dock for shipping. I did some special packing.
Pros
benefits, company picnics, globle co-workers
Cons
the fire, the pay, the dirt.
Hard working employees
Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 24, 2013
Inspecting all kinds of parts for Harley Davidson and keeping the high standard required with a defect chart.
The management would let the employee know on a daily basis what jobs were needed first.
The co-workers were easy to get along with and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was moving heavy parts to your work station for inspection.
Lunch
Pros
ira program, healthcare insurance
Cons
standing for 8 to 10 hours
keeps me productive and stimulated
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 13, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of making rounds, making sure production is flowing, and running good parts. My relationship with management and co-workers is very good, I get along with everybody. The hardest part of my job would be having to report bad product to management, however that is a main part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the jobs are running well.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
stability
Continuous Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 12, 2012
Learned how to implement lean manufacturing, and got certified in standardized work and Six Sigma.
Work Summary
I enjoy engaging employees, and getting the ideas from the workers on the floor. They work the processes on a daily basis, and their ideas are valuable. This feedback is critical for an organization to move forward. i enjoy talking in front of people, and using lean manufacturing techniques to promote good change.
Pros
i job that is positive, and has a good management team.
Cons
healthcare
Work enviroment was friendly
Metal Finisher/Plater (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 24, 2012
The employees were pleasant to work with. I enjoyed working for the company very much