Southwest Metal Finishing Employee Reviews

great company
Polisher/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 7, 2017
they are very accommodating for a great work life balance, company had a good relationship with all of it's employees, there was lots of room for advancement.
Pros
comfortable
Cons
low pay
Average place to work
Plate Technician/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 25, 2017
This was a good place to work. Learned my plating techniques through this job. The management were easy to approach as well. The pay was not that good though for the amount the work and exposure to the chemicals.
Quality Lead
Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 14, 2017
I loved this place, the people, the job, it was great introduction to manufacturing as I was a manager at a gas station previously. The people were like family to me and I moved up the ladder quickly.
nice company
Polishing Process Technician - Polish (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 19, 2017
Southwest is a good company if your are looking to get into the metal polishing industry. The pay rate is average but you make up for it with all the overtime. Co-workers were great to work with
Everyday Regular work day routine in your work station
Forklift Operator and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 11, 2017
Nothing special you would clock in and go to your work station and get sep up with my co workers and we would get our order of wat we need to get done to work thru the day.
Fun work place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2017
Objective: To find a job in a field where I can advance and have stability in so that I can feel
comfortable for my family and me a good place to work for
The people are nice.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 4, 2017
They should really consider upgrading they're AP system to generate the cash requirements report. So they're suppliers can be paid in a timely manner.
Pros
The people are great.
Cons
Collection calls are often.
working at southwest metal
Metal Polisher (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIApril 23, 2017
fast paced job with experience metal polishing inspection of parts being able to polish parts all day safe environment to work in management is good job security and health benefits
Pros
have set hours to work
Cons
no raises
This was a very enjoyable place to work
Racker (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 26, 2016
I really enjoyed the work environment it was relaxing, yet challenging and rewarding. My supervisor was very attentive to my skills and my ability to meet company productions in a timely manner.
Pros
getting paid weekly
Cons
i didn't have any
Great Company with excellent benefits
Plating Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 6, 2016
Overall my time at Southwest Metal finishing was an great experience. During my time there i met of alot of great people and was able to learn the skills that I needed to be successful while with this company and future placements.
Productive and fast paced
Auditor (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 29, 2015
Clock in and head to work right away. Receive packages that need to be inspected for any mistakes that may have occurred prior to auditing. Record information before packages are sent out of warehouse and onto trucks for delivery. Every item leaving warehouse needs to be checked over several times before given the okay. Organizing paperwork and turning in before the end of shift.
Job security and pay was good.
Inspector and Hand Packager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 22, 2015
Job security and pay was good, but the company was not very ethical. Over the years I worked there I did get a lot of overtime and I did get some pretty decent raises, but ethically speaking the company suffered and it wasn't very organized either and a lot of people didn't stay because of that. As the company grew through out the years their organization improved tremendously and I started to feel relieved. I was the designated trainer on second shift and I enjoyed doing that on a daily basis because I like teaching people new things and it took me away from inspecting, which can become mundane after you've been doing it for a while.
Pros
overtime, good raises
Cons
poor communication, lack of organization
receiving product and dunnage, organizing inventory
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 13, 2015
fun place to work fellow employees are very team oriented. daily changes to the schedule make an interesting work day . hours are pretty good.
Generally good work environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Berlin WisoncinMay 6, 2015
This was a general labor position where we performed our duties as the needs of the business required.
I found the people hard working and good to know.
Great learning experience
Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIApril 28, 2015
Was a great learning experience for my entry into the field I was pursuing. Many of the things I learned here I was able to use at my next position.
very productive but fun
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 22, 2014
Every day tried to learn something new and had fun while doing it. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Management saw my ambitions and work ethic so i was promoted fast.
A Great company to work for. With good pay and the ability to advance in the company.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 16, 2013
To make sure everything in the offices and plants (production buildings) were in good working condition, good working order, and a safe working environment. Trouble shoot and repair as needed. Work with other company department heads and supervisors. Work with outside venders and contractors. Work with customers. My supervisors were great to work for and with.
productive and fun
Painter/Polisher (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 3, 2013
I would started work at 6 am i would set up two machines one for painting and one for polishing after my set up i would get my orders from my supervisor after about a half of days work i would switch of to the polishing maching
I enjoyed working there, after the fire they down sized. I was part of the first swipe.
Motor Cycle Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 30, 2013
I inspected raw material, copper and brass motor cycle parts for the Harley corporation. sometime a dirty job sometime a clean job. I conducted some light assembly of parts. took them completed work to the dock for shipping. I did some special packing.
Pros
benefits, company picnics, globle co-workers
Cons
the fire, the pay, the dirt.
Hard working employees
Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 24, 2013
Inspecting all kinds of parts for Harley Davidson and keeping the high standard required with a defect chart.
The management would let the employee know on a daily basis what jobs were needed first.
The co-workers were easy to get along with and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was moving heavy parts to your work station for inspection.
Lunch
Pros
IRA program, Healthcare Insurance
Cons
Standing for 8 to 10 hours