Southwest Network Employee Reviews in United States

great management leadership
Family Support Partner, (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2016
I loved the option to work from home. If you are organized and self motivated it works out great. I enjoyed the interaction with co-workers while helping families on their journey to better mental health. The hardest part was being assigned to people that didn't want help for whatever reason and trying to convince them that our collaboration would be to their benefit. The best part was watching a parent succeed in their goals and helping families become reunited.
Pros
Set your own schedule. Work from home.
Cons
working from home and setting your own schedule.
It is Fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2016
Get to meet new people, Learn how to transition to adulthood by learning to apply for jobs, budget and learning independent living skills,I enjoy being part of a leadership team because I get to have an opinion in what we should do.
Southwest Network, Case Manager Job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
At Southwest Network as a Case manager, I worked with SMI patients.

Southwest Network had Mileage Reimbursement.

Southwest Network had Small offices.
Pros
Mileage Reimbursement
Cons
Small offices
Co-workers.
Office Assistant / Family Mentor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2016
Working at this job taught me more than any other job to work as a team. My role as a family mentor I had to work hand in hand with the case managers to ensure that the clients were getting the services they needed.
Great people
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2016
Great experience, great co-workers, great learning environment. The best part of working here is the team, it's been a rewarding experience.
Good company not so good management
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2016
I worked for a team. The team management was good...perhaps the best at the clinic. But the upper management did not consider the employees lives outside of work as a possible obstacle to performing job duties. They were all about numbers not people.
Good for people trying to learn
cable technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2016
This place is pretty good, not for the family man since not having insurance or 401k. The pay is probably one of the worst things, but if there is a bright side to this company its that you learn a lot of different types of cabling.
Pros
experience
Cons
compensation, benefits
Great Place to work
Transition Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2015
It's an amazing feeling to help young adults strive to be successful.

Great support for team-members and staff.

Supervisors are amazing and supportive.
Co-workers are GREAT!
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Driving
Overall good Company to work for, benefits and trainings were good.
Employment Specialist/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2015
Enjoyed the work, most management and co-workers were pleasant and approachable. The work load is difficult to maintain all standards but the health benefits were good.
High stress low pay
High Needs Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 28, 2015
Co-workers were great. Very nice to be around like minded individuals who want to help others. Management and the company as a whole only care about making money (what they can bill for) and forget the reasons why they entered into the human services field. Room for advancement if you are in the "favorites" click.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
High high stress, low wages
Productive and rewarding
High Needs Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 22, 2015
Supportive immediate management, but not the higher ups. Formal chain of command. Decent amount of training and education. Work place flexibility was exciting.
Friendly, professional ,good leader ship andorganized
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZ.July 23, 2015
Friendly ,fun and productive workplace, exceptional leadership. Good place to meet people. Co-workers were great .Good management .I enjoy helping other hardest part was not been able to help everyone .A typical day at work was assisting recipient and scheduling appt. The hardest part was not having enough time for our recipients.
Pros
Good hours frendly and professional
Cons
little danger
Great Company
Case Manager I (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 17, 2015
Loved working here. I was able to advance and make great connections. Great benefits and working with community. was able to make a difference in our community.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
limited resources
Southwest Network - Garden Lakes
TPLS / Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2015
The management at Southwest Network - Garden Lakes is excellent. They are very supportive and understand that "life happens" to all of us, and employees get "kudos" for doing a job well.

A typical day of work for an Office Assistant (OA), is answering phones, checking members in and out, pulling member's charts for appointments, and then filing the charts at the end of the day.

The OA also must let the doctor and/or nurse know when a member comes in for an appointment, and usually will need to call the case manager to relay information, or request they come to the lobby for a "face-to-face."

An OA must also go through numerous faxes received each day and make certain each one is routed to the correct area.

The co-workers work as a team and actually consider themselves a family.

The hardest part of the job is trying to get work done while answering a great many phone calls.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the "camaraderie" we have during the day. It helps the work to go quicker, if not easier.
Pros
Management and co-workers who get along well with everyone else.
Cons
Answering a great many phone calls during the day
Great place.
Specialty Case Manager (DCS) (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 13, 2015
Southwest Network provides a lot of opportunities for its employees. The trainers are excellent and everyone is always willing to help out.
Poor management and Pay
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzJuly 9, 2015
Consider other organizations first. Management makes poor decisions and are not supportive of decisions made by case managers.
Compasionite company
Adult Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
There was no typical days at work, each day was very unique in it's own way. We had to meet so many clients during the month, meetings were set to their individual needs. We were fully trained by our agency and then either Value Options or Magellan for additional training. This made me feel very confident in my field working with the public. Both management and co-workers were amazing people having such a unique backgrounds, culture and experiences were added to the team. The hardest part of my job was working with people in crisis and lack of resources. This bring us to the most enjoyable part of the job finding those resources and being an advocate to make it happen.
Pros
on/off site trianing, team building events
Cons
short breaks, management transitions
Low-Stress Position, Communicate with other Providers to Coorinate Care
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 8, 2015
TYPICAL DAY: schedule recipient appointments, record no-show/changes appointments; create/maintain member charts; compile clinical information as requested; collect, monitor, and enter data and information into the computer systems (Claim Trak).

MANAGEMENT: democratic, the manager listened to concerns.

CO-WORKERS: friendly, easy to get along with.

HARDEST PART OF JOB: low wage position with no advancement.

MOST ENJOYABLE: set own pace, low stress.
Pros
low-stress position, friendly staff
Cons
no career advancement
Busy work environment, high population of Mental Health Members
Act Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Moral and Work Expectations changes often. I'm able to deal with members and assist then with medication prescriptions and appointments. I disappointment is when members are not looked at as a hole and medical and physical concerns not being addressed.
Pros
you get to meet new faces.
Cons
flexible schedules, lunch breaks
transitional job
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 13, 2015
It was a fun job to have for a little while. The pay was poor. conditions were poor
Pros
friendly people
Cons
minimum wage

2.8