Southwest Network

Southwest Network Employer Reviews

transitional job
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: minimum wage
It was a fun job to have for a little while. The pay was poor. conditions were poor
Good work, Bad Company
Case Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 28, 2014
Pros: relatively affordable healthcare, helping recipients
Cons: wage, limited resources, no support from management, lack of positive reinforcement
I give work/life balance 3 stars because self-care is what you do for yourself, not what the company does for you. In a way, the company makes you leave the work at work when you go home because they do anything to avoid you working overtime (even when horribly understaffed). However, because there are often not enough hours in the day to get everything done, you often go home worried about making your deadlines. Management is not supportive of clinical staff and admin cannot seem to recall what direct service of recipients is actually like. It should be a sign that their model "clinic on a hill" has the highest turnover rate and second lowest client satisfaction rating, but is praised all the time because it ranks highest in completed documentation.
SWN Review
Transition Facilitator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2014
Great work environment. I have had two different positions while working at Southwest Network. Both my direct supervisors and then even my boss's boss have always been helpful and knowledgeable.
Typical work day is going all through out Maricopa county from Maricopa city, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, Cave Creek, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Phoenix, Glendale, and Avondale to meet with my clients to work on independent living skills. Each meeting will vary what I do wit the client but typically it is job searching, college applications, budgeting, and even teaching social skills.
Hardest part of my job would be when my clients cancel.
Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my young adults that I work with succeed in their goals and lives.
Fair place to gain experience
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2014
Pros: nice work environment, culture, and team
Cons: low pay and employee appreciation
Fair place to gain experience, most people use as a stepping stone so corporate practice is not to compensate good employees.
Limited Resources, overworked, and underpayed
Supportive Case Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2014
Pros: free admission to an amusement park once a year.
Cons: limited support of staff and no concern for welfare.
Negative attitudes and lack of participation from management resulted in limited progress in treatment outcomes. I loved the clients and cherished the resilience that was displayed by them daily.
tremendous co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2014
Pros: pace made the hours fly by.
Cons: turnover of personnel.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the recipients, teaching them skills to be independent productive members of society.
Great Company
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: mangement was supportive and alld staff to be creative to complete job duties
Cons: not enough services for clients.
I worked with SMI clients and it was great being able to help people with mental illness become independent and live their lives on their own. My supervisor was great. My co-workers was team players and great to work with. The hardest part of this job was finding services for the client. I was unable to complete the overall rating I would rank this company with all five stars.
Excellent place to work under the right management and in the right clinic
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2014
Worked with behavioral health recipients to assist them with achieving benefits. I learned about Social Security benefits. I learned about working with a mentally ill population.

My direct supervisor and the regional director were phenominal, but outside of them, I wasn't impressed. I didn't feel that the administrative team was really understanding where the clinic employees were coming from - People were afraid to give Administration our feedback for fear of getting into trouble. The population at the clinic where I worked was very demanding and stressful.

I had wonderful coworkers.

Working with the population my clinic served and getting encounters in was the hardest to handle.

The best part of the job was my co-workers and when I actually helped someone who truly needed it. Seeing the relief in their faces was entirely worth it.
Counseling NT19 veterans and recipants, providing Vocataional rehab and community service referals
Counselor PSS NT19/Veterans (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pros: administrative staff at various co-locations share common bond, pro helping people become who they choose to be.
Cons: decline pending un-employment out come:)
Review of this company over all has a good training program, Pros cater to NT19 population, 1:1 conseling. cons masive employee turnover.
Managed a case load of mentally ill clients
Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2014
Dealt with supportive caseload for mentally ill. ISP's and annual documentation. Crisis calls, hospitalizations. Helped develop daily living needs and developed therapeutic environments.
Wonderful Co-Workers
Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2013
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: there is not enough room to name them all
Wonderful and friendly people to work with. Everyone cares about the client's success! Management does not care about the employees and have ridiculous expectations of employees. The seems to only care about profit and not the employees or the clients. This company has a very high turn-over rate!
Great Place
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2013
Great place to work at as a start up job. Very close knit people.
Dynamic company attemtping to redefine it's culrtural directon
Clinical Care Director (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: to make a difference in someones life when you have what you need.
Cons: frequently missing that mark for both our staff and our clinets.
A typical day is one in which the previous day's task must have been addressed or you will ind yourself lost. There is a limited amount of resources that one can draw upon to secure assistance for the most complex needs of clients. The company adheres to a CFT model but limits itself in securing in home direct providers to meet these needs. At times the stress level raises to a breaking point and those who have limited experience may find themselves either skipping steps to get the minimal down or leaving. The company is experiencing an extraordinary high level of turnover at the point, from executive leadership down to office support personal. Suggestions for change are listened to but rarely implemented. The peoplel most passionate about the work they do are not attached to the job they fulfill. These changes have been subtle but sinisterly crept in after several high level positions were changed over the last 18 months. I feel there is favoritism shown to those who, for what ever reason, say the right things at the right times, as opposed to those who have demonstrated long term loyalty and the ability to be integral parts of solutions to enhance clinical outcomes. While many may admit the reason they leave any position is because of lack of advancement or lack of rapport with management, my reasaon for seeking a new opportunity it because the Southwest Network and my cultural values are no longer aligned. After making attempts to assist in changing processes, only to have ideas languish or not implemented, I understand it is not me, but the company who has chosen a new direction – more... for growth. I can not live with that new direction - my moral compass is unable to locate it in my trajectory of life.
A typical day includes rapid and continuous attention paid to crisis situations, many of which are replicative and have not additional resources to solve the real problem, antiquated electronic systems that create redundancy want are time consuming. The best part of this job is attempting to teach and nurture newcomers to the professions and attempting to help them find a true work life balance, despite the inequity of the corporate structure and the overwhelming need of our clients, A day becomes exhilarating when we discover tat a youth has actuality made it through and it thriving.
The day of a clinical director, who wants to start each day with as many previous tasks accomplished averages 10-12 hours and the CDis also responsible for being able to on call crisis situations for 3 months at a time. The company offered no merit increases last year, although they were able to aquire a controversial behavioral health system of out state, where the majority of executive leadership now work out of. This makes many staff feel they are "own their own" in trying to tackle, resolve, or just plan survive the issues at our parent company. The stress and mess have led to a number of excellent staff doing the wrong things to capture units, which me is the most disheartening aspect of where the company has taken itself. We are no longer a company of people service people, but more of a corporate compampany with the mantra to encounter no matter the cost. – less
Southwest Network
RECRUITER (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: time flies!
Cons: too much to do - so little time.
Well respected leader in behavioral health. Fast paced - never a dull moment.
worst experience ever
case manager (Former Employee), clubAugust 28, 2013
Pros: heath insurance
Cons: you'll need the health insurance for the health problems this job will cause you.
I never thought a job could make you feel physically and emotionally ill until I became employed with this agency. The expectations of the job are unrealistic. They don't care about their employees and work you like a slave. I hated this job with a passion. My supervisor was chauvinistic and demeaning towards his team (mainly females ). The management is a complete joke and unprofessional! They will pretend to acknowledge your concerns but the minute you turn your back they're talking about you. I would never recommend this place for employment. I would rather take a pay cut than work for such an undeserving company. All the gas and mileage you waste on your car..hours of working from home (off the clock) just to make sure you get your notes in on time. This place is for the birds. TOXIC environment is an understatement. More like a concentration camp.
Very toxic!
Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2013
Pros: at least i have a job. i love the recipients and my co-workers.
Cons: management lacks the skills to manage, they thrive on intimidating the employees, they are constantly understaffed, and seem to have a revolving door, expectations are ridiculously unreal.
Working with the recipients is wonderful! The problem is, each day we're supposed to get progress notes typed in. This can be difficult because it's an open environment (village model) with many disruptions throughout the day and it's difficult to maintain focus. My co-workers are great. The management, not so great. It seems as though there is an "Us (management) against them (employees)" attitude. It's horrible! It seems that employees are walking on eggshells all the time. The environment is so toxic that it effects home life because there is the constant gnawing in the back of my mind..."when am I going to be written up?" To be honest, the environment at my clinic is rather hostile. I would report to HR but then there will be retaliation. I'm sure the company spends a lot of money on training dollars.

Looking to get out as soon as possible.
4 star rating
Assist families (Former Employee), Phoenix AZAugust 18, 2013
Pros: benefits are a plus
Cons: driving the vally is a con.
Nice working environment with great team support. : Assist with training of new Peer Support employees with in the field training. Assist families with interventions of meeting goals through the spirit of emotional support. Help family’s to communicate with professionals involved in the family’s life and assist in accessing resources in the community while building a natural, supportive network of people around the family. Time management is a challenge but positive outcomes is a very rewarding part of the job.
See previous entry
TREATMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 15, 2013
See previous entry
A typical day as a Treatment Coordinator was spent indoors coordinating medications and appointments. It was busy and they days went by very fast. This position allowed for independence.
Work Day
Case Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2013
Pros: working with the consumers and seeing some of their progress
Cons: not having enough resouces to help more efficiently
On a typical day the work can become stressful if time management is not used. I have learned how to balance time and remain focused on priorities duties and I learned more about personality reaction vs. responses. The hardest part of this job is balancing putting in notes and being in the field. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the consumers.
Helping people with Mental Illness
Family Mentor (Current Employee), Phoenix AZJune 4, 2013
Pros: can see individuals recover and become succesful.
Cons: see true tears from individuals hurting inside.
Working 8 hours with families that have mental illness. Help educate and treat mental illness through outside resources. I see both happiness and sadness.