SOUTHWEST REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

This hospital is constantly being sold
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAAugust 17, 2017
this hospital has been bought and sold several times. They do not have an ICU. All critical patients get transferred. After the hospital was sold when I worked there for the 3 time, they started to lay off the nurses. I couldn't afford to lose my job, so I resigned.
I enjoyed working here
Diagnostic Imaging Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAAugust 7, 2017
This was a good place to work. I made a lot of friends. The only reason I left is because I found a great opportunity with great pay not much further away from home.
more oupatient exercise equipment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at Southwest Regional Center outpatient. I had plenty of time to treat each patient. I was also, exposed to pediatric population and learned other assessments. I would definitely recommend this position to anybody that wants to be exposed to more orthopedic patients.
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
small city
It was a great place to work.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2017
The supervisor was great. The staff that I worked with was fun and knowledgeable. I was only there for a half a day because I had a fulltime job. The hospital is no longer in operations
poorly run hospital
Registered Nurse/ Clinical Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAApril 6, 2017
employees mean well but management is poor and the quality of the hospital reflects in outcomes. parking is easy. staffing ratios are terrible. ED is the only decent department.
Pros
parking
Cons
staffing
Swrmc
ER Clerk/Insurance Verification Clerk (Current Employee) –  McComb, MSFebruary 13, 2017
A great place to work at. Typical day is very busy and very fulfilling. It has great doctors and amazing nurses. Its a hospital and it is one of a kind.
Medical Technologist
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Management was a big issue working at SRMC. There was blatant favoritism towards certain employees, the ones who had been there for a long time. I think that management on all levels needs to be looked at.
Interesting
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSSeptember 6, 2016
It was an interesting job. You got to do something different every day. It was also a learning experience. Management was okay. Some days were good and some were bad.
Float Staff Nurse through out the hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAMarch 18, 2016
Floated to different floors according to staffing needs. Performed patient care in acute cardiac care, intensive care, emergency, medical/surgical, psychiatric, oncology, obstetrics/gynecology, hospice, and acute rehab units. Duties include assessing patients, passing medication, vitals, and other related duties as assigned in specialty units. EMR documentation super user on Meditech electronic medical documentation system
good place to work relaxed atmosphere good job security
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAOctober 27, 2015
this was a great hospital to work for the place has a very friendly environment and patient first attitude. all department strived to work together for the good of our patients. it is a great benefit for a small town to have a hoptial.
Pros
fruendly staff and hospital well run
Cons
short staffed in some areas at times but infrequent
checking in 90 patients
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, OHOctober 25, 2015
Learned how to perform physicals
My office manager worked very hard and was firm but friendly
checking patients in for several different providers
My co-workers were very nice and professional
Productive, constantly changing, busy workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAOctober 5, 2015
My day starts before I arrive at work and lasts long after I leave. The day may not go as planned, but it starts with planned goals and tasks. I'm always prepared to accept new responsibilities because the tasks are not the same anymore, I'm no longer sitting at a desk being an assistant anymore. I'm in charge of projects, reports and other things. There is a lot of variety in what I do everyday.
kept downsizing until sold and then downsized again
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJuly 22, 2015
Short staffed but were not allowed to hire any more employees. Management didn't seem to care. Upper management was a joke.
Pros
Paid well, good hours
Cons
no 401k match, bad management
Mt
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJuly 11, 2015
Worked afternoon shift. Rotated weekends with afternoon shift people... Worked every other weekend while day shift worked only once every month. A lot unfair.
following a nurse (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, OHJune 15, 2015
Followed a nurse for my school it was awesome, long shifts but great experience. Learned and used a lot of skills. had an awesome time
Hospital
Foundation for Wellness Internship (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Doing this internship was a great experience. The days I went were not very busy.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Empty
Enjoyed helping patients daily
Medical Office Administrator/Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PADecember 11, 2014
Patients were very nice, Work environment was ok, Loved my position and helping patients. They were grateful. Scheduling couldn't have been any easier.
Hospital is now closed
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, OHNovember 13, 2014
I was a volunteer in the medical records department. Nothing else to add.
Nice Rural Hospital
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, OHNovember 11, 2014
Hospital closed due to financial hardship. Prior to this, the face-to-face aspect with all staff was great. Too much change in ownership and management. This led to chaos at times, but the hospital was put in a deep hole from county ownership years ago.
New ownership doing everything to help this troubled hospital survive.
Facility Regulatory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, Ohio 45150November 11, 2014
Once a Top 100 hospital I was honored to help this hospital through very troubled times with closure being the outcome due to significant financial difficulties that could not be overcome by the latest ownership. I am very proud of them for their efforts.