Southwest Solutions

Southwest Solutions Employer Reviews

Terrible place to work! Stay away.
Child Youth and Families Therapist (Former Employee), DetroitApril 5, 2014
Cons: list is endless!
Management was horrible. Union was useless. Paperwork was out of hand. Stay away!
rewarding and honorable
Advocate (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 21, 2014
Pros: showing consumers that they are not alone.
Cons: the possiblity of becoming emotionally involved with a consumers situation.
To facilitate group meetings and to treating consumers with dignity. I learned that the mentally ill are discriminated against and their rights are violated. I learned how to advised consumers where to go to and help them with the procedures to follow if they feel they have been discriminated against or if their rights have violated. Management was – more... very informative and through training helped me to be sensitive and non-judgmental while interviewing consumers. Co-workers were very helpful with consumer motivation. The hardest part of this job was not to become emotionally involved. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a consumer's joy when the achieve a goal. – less
Southwest Solutions is a very productive organization.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 22, 2013
Typical day at Southwest was to come in and the first two people you would see were the secretaries. They would always give me a big smile, and sometimes we would chat. Management, I learned to be open to all things, listen a little more, and not be to quick to jump into anything feet first.

I love working with staff on both floors; which were the – more... social workers, and my contact people for the teens. The hardest was to see a teen sent away for what ever the reason.

I really enjoyed working at Southwest Solutions, and very sorry the company that contracted me there went out of business. – less
Former Employee
Access Housing Specialist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2013
Pros: payscale
Cons: no
I think that the company was pretty good as far as share holding is concerned but the office space was extermrly small. May have changed over the years.

A typical day at the office included face to face interviews with people who were distressed.People who were misplaced from their homes ect. A plethora of paperwork!

Management was ok.

Keep hands – more... to oneself.

Co-workers were cool.

Sitting in a hot office

The paycheck was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Helping others in need!
Peer Support Advocate (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 27, 2012
Pros: as stated in my message in your review.
Cons: that am not certified.
I worked for this company. I like my working with others that are in need of assistance with their daily tasks to get things done that they could not be able to do on their own or do not have transportation to do these things. My staff really appreciated my assistance along with the consumers. My consumers stated that they missed me and I would like – more... me to return back to work. I meet some of my consumers in churches and on the street.. They say to me where have you been.. – less