Southwest Solutions Employee Reviews

No room to grow...
Family Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 2, 2016
Southwest Solutions is not a good place to work at if you are looking for advancement. I worked with the company for over two years, and was not given a chance to move forward in the company because of my color.
New management is not easy to work it the place is not organized!!
Pros
Helping Families
Cons
no growth, biases, management
No Loyalty in this Company
Family and Community Partnership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 29, 2016
Help set up a new program with this company. Upper management solicited my ideas then released me after everything was in place. Several other workers were done the same way.
Pros
Helping Families
Cons
No Loyalty
Management for program is clueless.
Self sufficiency programs (Former Employee) –  MiSeptember 3, 2015
Management is clueless . ( depending where you are working) do you wonder why you often see The same job postings every other month for the same job? Interesting The blind leading the blind. The overall staff in office are very nice. Very small space to meet with clients. Large turnover. You probably won't be working there for a long period of time.
Pros
Rewarding work if you love the community and passionate about helping others
Cons
Management are clueless
Southwest
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 7, 2015
This was a good job, with god people. It's a small setting with hard working employees. It was very calm and helpful to our clients..
Good job/management sucks
Clinical Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 26, 2014
Coworkers and clients were wonderful. Very happy environment to work in. I looked forward to going to work everyday. Management does not manage. The pay and the benefits are very good. Paperwork is crazy but that comes with the territory.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Ridiculous productivity standards and uncooperative management
Excellent Company
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 7, 2014
Southwest Solutions is a very well-rounded and effective company. The focus is on serving clients and consumers to the best of the Agency's ability.

Although staff are very busy on a day to day basis the culture is not stifling and most are approachable. Concerns are heard and taken seriously for staff members. The hardest part of the job can be the sheer volume of work but that is lightened by the available supports.

The Agency mission is very pure and overall the staff does their best to see ensure the community's needs are met effectively, efficiently and in a way that addresses individual needs. It is a nice place to work.

The Agency benefits are generous.
Pros
Positive Environment, Healthcare Benefits, Agency Mission
Cons
Limited Budget which is common in the non-profit sector
Terrible place to work! Stay away.
Child Youth and Families Therapist (Former Employee) –  DetroitApril 5, 2014
Management was horrible. Union was useless. Paperwork was out of hand. Stay away!
Pros
Cons
list is endless!
rewarding and honorable
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 21, 2014
To facilitate group meetings and to treating consumers with dignity. I learned that the mentally ill are discriminated against and their rights are violated. I learned how to advised consumers where to go to and help them with the procedures to follow if they feel they have been discriminated against or if their rights have violated. Management was very informative and through training helped me to be sensitive and non-judgmental while interviewing consumers. Co-workers were very helpful with consumer motivation. The hardest part of this job was not to become emotionally involved. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a consumer's joy when the achieve a goal.
Pros
Showing consumers that they are not alone.
Cons
The possiblity of becoming emotionally involved with a consumers situation.
Southwest Solutions is a very productive organization.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 22, 2013
Typical day at Southwest was to come in and the first two people you would see were the secretaries. They would always give me a big smile, and sometimes we would chat. Management, I learned to be open to all things, listen a little more, and not be to quick to jump into anything feet first.

I love working with staff on both floors; which were the social workers, and my contact people for the teens. The hardest was to see a teen sent away for what ever the reason.

I really enjoyed working at Southwest Solutions, and very sorry the company that contracted me there went out of business.
Former Employee
Access Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2013
I think that the company was pretty good as far as share holding is concerned but the office space was extermrly small. May have changed over the years.

A typical day at the office included face to face interviews with people who were distressed.People who were misplaced from their homes ect. A plethora of paperwork!

Management was ok.

Keep hands to oneself.

Co-workers were cool.

Sitting in a hot office

The paycheck was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Payscale
Helping others in need!
Peer Support Advocate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 27, 2012
I worked for this company. I like my working with others that are in need of assistance with their daily tasks to get things done that they could not be able to do on their own or do not have transportation to do these things. My staff really appreciated my assistance along with the consumers. My consumers stated that they missed me and I would like me to return back to work. I meet some of my consumers in churches and on the street.. They say to me where have you been..
Pros
as stated in my message in your review.
Cons
that am not certified.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6