SOUTHWEST TENNESSEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE

SOUTHWEST TENNESSEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Decent place to work
Coordinator of Enrollment Services (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2014
Decent place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A School
Student (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2014
This is a Community College. There is not much to say about going to school, other than the hours were flexible.
great place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 10, 2014
I enjoyed all the wonderful people that I met and had a chance to impact their lives and vice versa.
Varies ways to learn new things.
Student Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, funny employees, learning new things
Cons: rude students
My education and expanded work ethics was obtained through and by Southwest.
Very good
Adjunct faculty, Philosophy, Ethics, Logic (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 26, 2014
Pros: lively student participation
Cons: money and pay schedules
The staff and department heads were great and the teaching environment provided broad academic freedom for faculty in traditional on ground classes.
Ambassador review
Early Childhood Education Major (Student) (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 11, 2014
Pros: dealing with public
I attended school here and also acted in the capacity of a Southwest Ambassador. We would assist at all types of school fairs, job fairs and other encounters with the public to explain all the programs at the school.
An easy going job, not high demand and there's always something fun going on.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2014
A typical day at work would be performing basic office tasks such as filling copiers, watering plants, stocking, and other tasks. The management and co-workers are easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people.
Engaging campus life. Supportive atmosphere for grant objectives.
DIRECTOR, WIN/YOUTH SERVICES (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: access to campus facilities and support of department areas in core education challenges.
Cons: restrictive terms and limitations of operating contract/scope of work.
Daily supervision of office activity. Process of activity records for participants and operation of a computer lab with interactive training software. Planning and approval of staff activity; reported to executive staff to assure compliance with grant goals and progress toward sucessful oucomes.
Enjoy working with computers and electronics equipment
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2014
Most Morning
Full Time
Part Time
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with electronic and electrical equipment.
Assist All students, faculty, and staff
Student Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2014
I would act as an assistant to the director of the Internataional Studies Program. We would plan different events for the students, faculty, and staff. Also, I gave inforamtion about the program and how people could sign up.
Productive and Fun
Admission and Records Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis TnDecember 20, 2013
Great place to start a career. I love everything about my job not too many people who can say that.
Love this Job!!!
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2013
Had a great time here, sad i had to leave!! I love the staff and the students i was interacting with and the head director was also amazing!!
educational experience and skills enable me to obtain a job in the work industry, love workiing with people and learning new ideas.
Library Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 4, 2013
Pros: the pros of the job were informing students about library rules of phone use.
Cons: the cons of the job were being availabe for students to fulfill their educational needs.
The hardest part of my past job was learning to understand the basic to communication. It was always dealing with students who was always right even though they had no concept on the rules of the library. It was my job to enforce that to them. A typical day was checking out material to students which were willing to learn. the most enjoyable part of – more... my job as a library clerk was helping students with learning the computer and helping them to complete their assignments. I did not like so much as filing the books on the shelves when the students would take them off and place them on the floors, cabinets, or any place they could. – less
nice coworkers
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2013
A typical day consist of filing and entering data into system.
Awesome opportunity
Adult Learning Academy Director (Former Employee), MemphisJuly 13, 2013
This was a grant funded position that ended too soon. The adult learners were open minded and implemented change well. The environment was fun and exciting. It is a shame it ended so soon!
Student Driven
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), MemphisMay 28, 2013
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: top heavy.
Great starter to build priceless experience in higher education.
Wonderful place to work
Director of Creative & Printing Services (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 10, 2013
I worked form 8-4:30 most days. The job is very deadline oriented. Co-workers were nice. Management was positive but because it is a state job raises can be low if at all. The benefits were great.
Atypical State Government Job
Admissions Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 9, 2013
Pros: set working hours(except during special periods), extended christmas holiday off, decent sick/leave time allottment
Cons: low end of scale pay due to public institution, subject to state legislature whimsy on education
Mid to Low Range pay coupled with state employee benefits and tuition reimbursement and other small perks.

Decent health insurance and retirement benefits, which is the primary attraction for long term employees.
Great college
Note Taker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 26, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: nothing
If you can get a job with them, do so. They make sure you get paid on time. They also help you with information about your educational endeavors.
Informative
Parrish Library/ Circulation Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 13, 2013
Loved working in the Parrish library, I cam in contact with some good people and learned a lot of things.