Southwest Traders Employee Reviews

OK place to work
Driver /Dispatch / Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 23, 2017
The Company was going through transition when I worked for them. It would be unfair to review their management or workplace culture performance. I did, though, learn more about restaurant distribution and the critical nature of keeping loads at the proper temperature.
Pros
Good pay and close to home
Cons
The transition of the company produced uncertainty on the servicing of customers in a timely manner.
Great company with real friendly staff!
Business Development Manager - Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 17, 2016
Great atmosphere! Enjoyed my time with them even though it was short lived. Company isn't in a hurry to get things done. It would take me days to get things I needed accomplished by trans or ops. I butted heads a lot with purchasing and the owner in trying to build his restaurant sales.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere
Cons
Takes a while to get things done
Good Place to work. Stable, Consistent but hard work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 22, 2016
Good Place to Work. The major challenge is working nights & Weekends. Other then that the pay is good, Managers are pretty flexible when they can be. respectful place.
Pros
Good Team, Above average pay.
Cons
Nights and weekends.
Not a good place
N/A (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 18, 2016
Bad work environment. Low wages. No opportunity for advancement.
Dishonest business. Company does not follow labor laws.
Pros
nothing good about this place
Cons
too many to list
Great job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 13, 2016
Easy job as long as you are able to work. Deliver product on time and you start to gain trust and start making more money!!!! The customer will always be there.
Pros
No invoices, no cash or checks. Best pay in the field.
Cons
Night work
Easy work, Dishonest company
specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2016
I had a job offer paying 13/hr, was told i would make 14/hr. when i finally got hired on and passed on the previous offer i was onl;y given 12.50/hr working in a freezer
Good company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2015
There are very good people in the Dallas location that wear many hats in an effort to make this warehouse succeed. Location is still trying to find it's footing in Dallas after economy fall of 2008 and 2009 which presents problems with work load. If a true desire to succeed can be made with the employees here it will be successful.
Pros
easy to work with management in Dallas
Cons
work load not evenly distributed
coworkers are great to work with
Something. (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Every thing was good like the co workers, they had your back when you needed help. The management didn't know who was in charge of who. If you get hurt there on the job, and are not able to go back, they don't call you to see how you are doing, from day one that I was hurt, they have yet to call. Shows how much they care for their workers. We are just a number and a name.
Pros
co-workers are great to work with, and they take care of eachother
Cons
Managment dont care about you after you get hurt, Once you are hurt and not able to work they forget about you
Diverse work environment
Dock Appointments & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula CaliforniaSeptember 23, 2014
This job was very busy and I was never bored. I checked in truck drivers from all over the country so I met many interesting people.
alot of hours low pay
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 22, 2014
hard job little pay. work all night and go back the next afternoon
Productive and positive place
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton,CAAugust 12, 2014
fast pace
coworkers like family
eight hour shifts
enjoyable
Fun place to work at times but stressful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 1, 2014
i liked southwest and the workers but they need to do a better place on work skills and treating their employees better
Great
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 5, 2014
Loved this company, Professional yet personal. Makes you feel as if your really part of the team
Good family owned buisiness
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 27, 2014
overall a good company to work for but the hours are just not here at the moment.
Pros
job security, oppertunnity for advancement
Cons
not getting enough hours, compensation could be better
Its a nice place to work because of the people that work there.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CaJune 10, 2013
The management needs to care more about their workers. I learned most of the jobs in this warehouse because when I'm done with my job I like to help the other departments. My co-workers are pretty easy going and relaxed, most of them are easy to get along with. Its enjoyable when the boss's don't expect the impossible and when they acknowledge that they should practice what they preach. Most days are enjoyable.
Pros
They are starting to care more about us as employees, and I'm allowed to learn other areas of the warehouse.
Cons
Health care
Very poorly managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2013
I had a relationship with this company for over 8 years, in the beginning they were thriving. Truly one of the best at what they did. Started in denver in 2001 and by the time I was laid off in 2012, the company had lost nearly half of its business, mostly due to a bad switch to a untested warehouse management system. (BAD MANAGEMENT=BAD DECISION) Orders were always wrong product always shorted/damaged, VERY disgruntled customers who always took anger out on driver, I could go on forever. After I left they closed two more warehouses and lost even more business. There was absolutely no recognition or appriciation. Doing your very best and providing excellent customer service would get you nothing from management except eventually laid off. PHOENIX=CLOSED, DALLAS=CLOSED, HOUSTON=CLOSED, others soon to follow, Unless you want to work for a poorly managed company and eventually get laid off, STAY AWAY

Pros
Nice Equipment
Cons
Never could take a day off, Sick? Forget it...
its only a good place if u brown nose.
driver (Current Employee) –  stocktonApril 30, 2013
fellow drivers and lumpers are great people management on the other expects u to be made of steel they are poorly supervised and have no problem letting an employee go thus the high turn over of drivers.
Pros
pay is about the only thing
Cons
that they still exsist.
very productive
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 21, 2013
order selecting, inventory, driving pallet jacks/ stand up forklifts
Pros
other employees
Cons
no raises
Good Company
Lumper / Lead Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2012
I liked working for this company and i would go and work back there again!
The unhappiest place on Earth!
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Guess ...November 14, 2012
This is the worst company to work for! The people are all miserable and the only reason they work here is for the paycheck. The management or should we say "mismanagement" has ran this company into the ground and has had to lay off all of the good people that has ever worked here. All of of customers are leaving and are going to the competition because Southwest Traders cannot get their act together.
Pros
the paycheck ...that keeps getting smaller!
Cons
everything ...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Traders. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9