Southwest Traders Employee Reviews in United States

Great job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 13, 2016
Easy job as long as you are able to work. Deliver product on time and you start to gain trust and start making more money!!!! The customer will always be there.
Pros
No invoices, no cash or checks. Best pay in the field.
Cons
Night work
Easy work, Dishonest company
specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2016
I had a job offer paying 13/hr, was told i would make 14/hr. when i finally got hired on and passed on the previous offer i was onl;y given 12.50/hr working in a freezer
coworkers are great to work with
Something. (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Every thing was good like the co workers, they had your back when you needed help. The management didn't know who was in charge of who. If you get hurt there on the job, and are not able to go back, they don't call you to see how you are doing, from day one that I was hurt, they have yet to call. Shows how much they care for their workers. We are just a number and a name.
Pros
co-workers are great to work with, and they take care of eachother
Cons
managment dont care about you after you get hurt, once you are hurt and not able to work they forget about you
Diverse work environment
Dock Appointments & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula CaliforniaSeptember 23, 2014
This job was very busy and I was never bored. I checked in truck drivers from all over the country so I met many interesting people.
alot of hours low pay
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 22, 2014
hard job little pay. work all night and go back the next afternoon
Productive and positive place
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton,CAAugust 12, 2014
fast pace
coworkers like family
eight hour shifts
enjoyable
Fun place to work at times but stressful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 1, 2014
i liked southwest and the workers but they need to do a better place on work skills and treating their employees better
Great
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 5, 2014
Loved this company, Professional yet personal. Makes you feel as if your really part of the team
Good family owned buisiness
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 27, 2014
overall a good company to work for but the hours are just not here at the moment.
Pros
job security, oppertunnity for advancement
Cons
not getting enough hours, compensation could be better
Its a nice place to work because of the people that work there.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CaJune 10, 2013
The management needs to care more about their workers. I learned most of the jobs in this warehouse because when I'm done with my job I like to help the other departments. My co-workers are pretty easy going and relaxed, most of them are easy to get along with. Its enjoyable when the boss's don't expect the impossible and when they acknowledge that they should practice what they preach. Most days are enjoyable.
Pros
they are starting to care more about us as employees, and i'm allowed to learn other areas of the warehouse.
Cons
health care
Very poorly managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2013
I had a relationship with this company for over 8 years, in the beginning they were thriving. Truly one of the best at what they did. Started in denver in 2001 and by the time I was laid off in 2012, the company had lost nearly half of its business, mostly due to a bad switch to a untested warehouse management system. (BAD MANAGEMENT=BAD DECISION) Orders were always wrong product always shorted/damaged, VERY disgruntled customers who always took anger out on driver, I could go on forever. After I left they closed two more warehouses and lost even more business. There was absolutely no recognition or appriciation. Doing your very best and providing excellent customer service would get you nothing from management except eventually laid off. PHOENIX=CLOSED, DALLAS=CLOSED, HOUSTON=CLOSED, others soon to follow, Unless you want to work for a poorly managed company and eventually get laid off, STAY AWAY
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
never could take a day off, sick? forget it...
its only a good place if u brown nose.
driver (Current Employee) –  stocktonApril 30, 2013
fellow drivers and lumpers are great people management on the other expects u to be made of steel they are poorly supervised and have no problem letting an employee go thus the high turn over of drivers.
Pros
pay is about the only thing
Cons
that they still exsist.
very productive
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 21, 2013
order selecting, inventory, driving pallet jacks/ stand up forklifts
Pros
other employees
Cons
no raises
Good Company
Lumper / Lead Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2012
I liked working for this company and i would go and work back there again!
The unhappiest place on Earth!
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Guess ...November 14, 2012
This is the worst company to work for! The people are all miserable and the only reason they work here is for the paycheck. The management or should we say "mismanagement" has ran this company into the ground and has had to lay off all of the good people that has ever worked here. All of of customers are leaving and are going to the competition because Southwest Traders cannot get their act together.
Pros
the paycheck ...that keeps getting smaller!
Cons
everything ...
Southwest Traders Inc.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 5, 2012
• Host daily executive meetings with the department leaders to review a recap of deliveries, customer issues, inventory threats, company financials as well as projected recap of future
• Meet with customer service team to discuss customer threats/issues, resolutions, call center stats, online stats, etc.
• Our team collaboratively overcomes issues on a daily basis but when a problem surfaces and is brought to my attention I always challenge the employee to provide me with 3 solutions when they present the issue.
• The hardest part of the job would have to be cut backs. It is very difficult to let go of employees who are dedicated but due to the economy impact calls for layoffs.
• The most enjoyable part of the job is finding efficiencies in long drawn out processes. I enjoy isolating time consuming areas that can be sped up by utilizing new processes which typically revolve around excel by writing macro's or SOP's.
Pros
customer interaction, the employees
Cons
reductions in staff due to loss of business
good place for new drivers to get experience
driver (Former Employee) –  stockton caOctober 10, 2012
Not a stable enough place to make a career out of,long hours poor management, high employees turnover, but a place to make some good money
Pros
good money
Cons
everything about the place, poor management
Nice calm fast paced team effort.
Loader/unloaded, forklift operator, holster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2012
Load semi trailers using rider jacks and forklift. pallets and mini pallets, shrink wrapping some of them if it was a certain height..putting it in trailors and strapping it down.keeping up with paper work.Loading cross docks and recieving. From Knight company.Fast paced enviroment. I can use scanner and oracle program.The hardest part was waiting on order to get builded.In wich i would help out and build orders on pallets and shrink wrap.
Productive and fast pace working environment.
Addministrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 24, 2012
This was a company that was great to work at. You typically kept to yourself and did your assigned work on your own. Each person in the department that I worked in had their own responsibilities and duties for the day. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the amount of invoices coming in and making sure they made it to the correct location and department. I learned a lot about Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable along with Human Resources. Everyone at this company always had a smile on their face and left any problems they may of had at the door before entering work. Everyone was very nice and very easy to work with.
Pros
free samples of soft serve yogurt.

2.8