SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Student Worker Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 22, 2018
friendly environment
the best workplace culture
had to organize mail boxes
answer phone calls
greeting clients
make copies
scheduling meetings
restocking supplies
Pros
free lunches
Easy job
Student Veterans Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 9, 2017
Student Veteran worker is easy job that teaches some valuable administrative skills. Very good work climate and always someone there to help while you are in the learning process.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
must be full time student
Swic
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILNovember 8, 2017
I liked working as a student for SWIC, I was able to complete homework assignments and maintained an icredible friendship with some of our management and counselors.
Great place to teach
Affiliate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2017
Work as an adjunct instructor teaching a variety of courses in my field of expertise. Also assist with other projects such as course review and development.
Pros
on-going training
Cons
inconsistent scheduling of courses
Fast paced work environment
PC Repair Technician/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Dowagiac, MIOctober 5, 2017
Productive and laid back work environment. Fast paced but balanced, not really too stressful. Very team oriented. Communication was most definitely a key factor in this environment.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
No vacation days
student worker
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSSeptember 18, 2017
typical work day, great people to work with, relaxed environment, student worker, typical workplace culture, assigned basic tasks as a student worker,
Cons
Southwestern College offers a positive, supportive environment.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 14, 2017
Southwestern College offers a positive, supportive environment. Beautiful campus, friendly staff and good pay. Everyone I know who works at Southwestern loves and feels inspired by what they do!
potluck every other month
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 7, 2017
Working at southwestern college was a great experience for me, especially since it was my first time working. If I could, I would go back to working with southwestern college again.
Great work place and Flexible with hours
Maintenance - Financial Aide (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 5, 2017
Working at Southwestern College has taught me to grow as an individual and has taught me to be more responsible . The staff are very friendly and have positive vibes .
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Top-notch staff, faculty, students
Chief Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 2, 2017
Southwestern College is a wonderful place to work. My colleagues and the student body and staff are all quality individuals. The benefits are outstanding. Not to mention it's in Santa Fe, NM, which is a terrific place to live.
Friendly Staff
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSMay 24, 2017
Southwestern College has provided me with my education and with a better understanding of personal relationships in the workplace. I worked as a resident assistant, meaning I was a student employee of the college. I don't have too much insight into the culture and typical work day for someone who is not a student employee but I can say the people responsible of me and my job on campus are some of the most kind and warm people.
fun place to work, laid back.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 20, 2017
managers are super nice, the environment is friendly, working with other students also makes it interesting as well as getting to know other faculty and staff on campus.
I enjoyed it
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 30, 2017
Easy, and enjoyable temp work. Was able to learn a lot from teachers and students about architecture. The pay is garbage, but it is tax free so that makes up for it
Work in your desired field of study
Read for America program/tutor (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSApril 19, 2017
Great school and on sight work in your desired field of study. You could be working in the community or with your professors or even with prospective students.
Not the best
Department Chair (Former Employee) –  CincinnatApril 13, 2017
I entered the realm of higher education intent on making a difference in students' lives and hoping to prepare them for their careers. This school was less interested in the well-being and preparation of the students and more interested in money. Students were consistently taken advantage of by the admissions department and lured into programs under false pretenses. The management, which is no longer employed there, was incompetent and unreliable. In my opinion, an institution of higher learning should be held to higher standards.
Sad Atmosphere
Adjunct Faculty - Psychology (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 6, 2017
This college needs happy faces planted as trees to remind all to smile. The atmosphere is depressing and it rubs off on anyone in a heartbeat. The position of the president is like a revolving door. I have nothing nice to say about this college.
Pros
Cons
Where do I start?
,Southwestern College
Assistant of Coach (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSMarch 26, 2017
Southwestern College is a small , family oriented , caring school.
i absolutely love my coworkers as well as my boss.
I would recommend this school to everyone.
Very good job where employers learn a lot of information related to school
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work is dealing with students all day. Typical day at the office is administering paperwork and answering phone calls to students, prospective students, and international students as well as parents. From working at the office you learn a lot of communication skills and a lot of the schools policies which is a very helpful skill. The workplace culture is a very fun one where people enjoy working there and are usually there for you when you need assistance. The hardest part of the job is helping students while trying to finish paperwork, but it is a job that is very doable if you balance your time right. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the joy in peoples faces when you know you helped them to a full extend.
Pros
very flexible hours, very friendly staff, good workplace.
Cons
not a good place to grow
Work while attending college
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, caJanuary 26, 2017
I was a tutor for MESA while I was a student. It was wonderful helping other students with their studies and it was the best feeling when the other students finally grasped whatever concept they came to me for help with. Very flexible, work between classes and also a great place to meet people with similar career goals.
A great and fun community college
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Balancing work and studies was difficult but doable. Workplace culture is a bit of a balancing act as can often be part of the workplace adventure. Overall a memorable and fun experience.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay