SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE

SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

good for students who need a job especially those with busy class schedules
Student Services Admin (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: good for busy class schedules
Cons: treated poorly for minimum wage
i would say i would like to work here again but the pay is too low especially for full time students and management pretty much watches you do all the work and will roll their eyes at you if you have someone who needs help from them.
Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 8, 2015
Assist teachers and students receiving or given books they need from the reserve desk, checking books to receive or to give to the students or teacher as needed

The hardest part is shelving books at the right please

The most enjoyable part is to be in a place where we have all kind of books video and cassette of any kind of information
Small, wonderful college community to be a part of.
Affiliate Professor (Current Employee), Winfield, KSMarch 29, 2015
Instruct students in an online or in person environment. Faculty members collaborate for the greater good of the students.
Military Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), McConnell AFB, KSMarch 24, 2015
The staff, co-workers, other colleges and the military are all nice, work well together and act like a family. I enjoyed the flexibility in the work day, and the work load is intense at times, but manageable.
Good amenities
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Chula VistaMarch 4, 2015
Worked as adjunct professor.
Hardest part of the job was no office space and no interaction with other faculty in the department.
Productive and reliable place where I learned too much
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day at work started at 7:00 a.m. organizing people who was waiting to reach the different services offered there. Giving information about stakehorders rights. Also directing people to the medical and administrative services they were looking for.
I learned how to deal with the needs required by people everyday, as much as, the best way to meet them easily, which was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was looking at them grateful for being helped.
Ample teaching opportunities
Adjunct Faculty of Biology (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAJanuary 5, 2015
This College gave me teaching opportunities. My J1 visa status does not allow mw to work part-time. Hence, I had to stop working here although I keep getting offers.
Productive and educational place that prepares multitudes of students
Admissions & Student Services Assistant (Former Employee), Winfield, KSDecember 23, 2014
This school is one of the most intimate and and close-knit facilities of higher education in the world. The staff are all 100% committed to the success of its students. It also boasts one of the most beautiful campuses in Kansas.
Productive and seemingly friendly work environment
volunteer (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CASeptember 22, 2014
Open/ close the center, clean and organize the center, assist students, and perform miscellaneous tasks at staff’s request
Fun and long days at workplace
Administrative Assistant Internship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: shorts breaks
Work was always the same everyday. I learned how to maintain extensive knowledge of Southwestern's database, data entry at an efficient speed, maintain professional etiquette while providing excellent customer service, design promotional material, organize/plan events, general office duties (answer phones, file, email, etc).
Lincoln College is formely Southwestern College I have the same great feelings.
Corporate Accounting Officer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2014
I worked for Southwestern College at the time it was purchased by Lincoln Educational Services. It was a small institution but a great institution. I loved the time I was able to work there.
Family oriented and fast pace environment.
Career Service Representative/Recruiter (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2014
Pros: family oriented atmosphere with the opportunity for training and development.
Cons: hearing that a graduate did not land a job.
-Met one on one with students and graduates to format resumes and schedule interviews with employers
-Organized graduation events and activities to help increase hiring rates
-Scheduled employer meetings to discuss hiring needs and to build rapports
-Completed employment verification and waiver paperwork for graduates
I earned my positions.
Executive Vice President for Club Affairs (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: learned so much
Cons: wish i could do it again
As a student government organisation I was very fortunate to work with my fellow students as I did in different capacities. It took time out of life but it always worth it.
unpaid intern
Recruiter (Former Employee), chula vistaApril 10, 2014
I was in the recruiting committee only for a couple weeks. Great learning experience.
Parking tickets?
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision
Cons: angry people
No one likes parking tickets, so use your permit or else. I had the power to give them so I used it wisely.
Outstanding Colleg to work for...
Business Faculty (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: excellent management relationship with faculty
Love every opportunity presented to me to teach for the college.
Productive workplace and fun work place
Southwestern College, (Former Employee), Winfield, KSJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: excellent administration, excellent working environment, excellent diversity, excellent state of the art resources
Cons: n/a
I tutored fellow undergraduate students in the following courses:
Organic chemistry 1 General Chemistry 1
Organic chemistry 2 General chemistry 2
Biochemistry Calculus
College Algebra Biology

I instructed and guided fellow undergraduate students in laboratory work in the following courses:
Organic Chemistry 1 General Chemistry 1
Organic Chemistry 2 General Chemistry 2

I constructed, audited and maintained the chemical inventory for the Chemistry Department
I assisted in the Hazard and Safety Department in chemical handling and precautions.
This is an excellent institution to work in and for. The support work staff and student and help fulfill the objective of the institution to educate global citizens.
Excellent Opportunity to obtain Experience
COMPUTER LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CADecember 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, calm environment.
Variety of computer tasks to accomplish. Had help from lead computer technician, which taught me to become independent and gain computer support experience.
fun
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAOctober 24, 2013
it is fun and stress free to work at southwestern college. Co-workers are nice and always willing to help with anything.
fun work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAOctober 10, 2013
take care of outgoing mail (bulk) keep monthly calendar of events,
type letters, answer phones