Southwestern Energy Employee Reviews

Safety First. Job second. Team environment!
Location Compliance Inspector (Current Employee), Conway, ARJuly 24, 2015
Longest best job I've worked since being a professional in 2004! A place where you feel like you're wanted and needed to contribute to the company's business formula!
Great company, great pay lacks leadership
Level III Support Analyst (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Lacks leadership, Communication, Advancement
Management lacks experience in running a noc and no systems admin background, so this causes problems with managing a Noc with system admins. Also the company lacks communication and direction in the IT dept.
Great company who invest in their employee's.
Field Intern/Production Roustabout (Current Employee), Conway, ARApril 2, 2015
I am currently an intern who is eager to learn what Southwestern Energy has to offer. I have learned many valuable tools to assist me when I pursue a career in this industry.
Coordinator
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Coordinate new hires. My colleagues are pleasent. The people were the most important. I learned to deal with all level of people.
Walmart of Gas companies in Arkansas
Artificial Lift Field Operator (Former Employee), Damascus, ARDecember 28, 2014
Pros: company truck, guaranteed 40 hr a week.
Cons: micromanagement.
Check multiple locations, wells, compressors. Fix issues and adjust components. I learned so much about gas production and well problems. Its made me who I am today. The management turned over 4 times while I worked here there for making it hard to prove myself. ultimately its why I left the company. The buddy system is big here. Really did not get along with any immediate co-works in the Artificial lift group I was in. Back stabbing and game playing to get ahead is not my style. Was reprimanded for helping others with out asking. There was not one hard thing about this job. Easiest job I have ever had. The management took away responsibilities ever time it turned over. Kinda like Walmart (more for less). I enjoyed the paid vacation and sick leave. used ever bit of it.
Great Management
Supply Services Intern (Former Employee), Damascus, ARDecember 2, 2014
The management at SWN was very supportive. They take the time to make sure employees are developing and taking advantage of company opportunities.
good experience
MECHANIC AND PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE (Former Employee), damascus arkansasOctober 15, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: living in a camper
routine and organized work performing preventative maintenance.
I learned about Natural gas caterpillar engines and Ariel compressors.
management was very helpful and knowledgeable.
co-workers were very helpful and guiding.
hardest part of the job was it was out of state for me.
most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and hours.
Great energy and AWESOME work ethics
CRT Dispatcher (Former Employee), Damascus, AROctober 6, 2014
Pros: team work, great energy, awesome work ethics.
This particular job was a very good one, there was never a dull moment and everyone did their work. I would wake up every morning and go to work knowing that everything that we did, we did as a team. There are many jobs that may tell you that you are a team, but not every job makes you feel that way. SWN made us feel like we were all working TOGETHER and for the same goal, the managers were awesome especially Martin Petty and Chip Boudreaux they kept the energy going and also made sure the work was done.
Great people, Great benefits
Support Services Associate II (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: sodas and in house cafe
Cons: i have no complaints
I have learned that just because you have a higher position than one person, you know have to look down on. Different management levels were always inviting to other departments. It wasn't closed off, but a much drama-less place to work
A great company for recent college graduate
Accountant II, Midstream (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2014
SWN is a good company to work for, providing many benefits to their employees, including flex fridays.
Great employee culture, hard work, little room for chemist advancement
Field Technician (Current Employee), Damascus, ARAugust 23, 2014
This is a great company to work for if you are an engineer or geologist
Besides these positions, the work is hard, the pay is just acceptable, and the opportunity to advance quite meager.
Pretty good company to work for, they are fair.
Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee), ArkansasAugust 13, 2014
Pros: pension, bonuses
Cons: under paid for extra days worked, low pay, hostage pay (retention bonus 4 years out)
While they are fair for advancement their pay is lacking. They have alot of attrition for a small company due to low pay and the limited transparency. They are a good company to work for when starting out, or for upper management, however their field supervisors/mangers are not compensated fairly.
Has been a great place to work BUT is fastly following the typical "micromanagment" corporate trend
REGULATORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tunkhannock, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits (aside from the wretched united health care)
Cons: has hired on the likes of alexander proudfoot, hatchet men and micromanagement extraoridaires, for personnel strategy.
This company rewards hard work. You get out of it what you put into it. A major hold back is that they aren't very fond of internal job transfers from one department to another.
it was ok
Material Handler IV (Former Employee), Damascus, ARSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: not enough pay or advancement opportunities for diverse people
it was a ok job not very diverse though its only downfall!!! I liked the guys I worked with I liked one of my bosses and it was laid back
JV/AR
Joint Interest/AR Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2013
THe AR department is horrivble. The manager is horrible and a high turnover rate. The company is great.
A place where you have to know somebody to be somebody
Driller (Former Employee), Conway, ARJune 17, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: management lacking people skills
The culture and values of this company are great, I personally think that there are some people who do not like change. so It was a bad experience for me.
"those who can not live with change are destin for doom"
E & P Team Associate (Former Employee), Damascus, ARFebruary 27, 2013
I enjoyed working at SWN and would like to work there again someday. My co-workers were great and I had a wonderful boss!
long days and not enough pay
SIMOPS Roustabout (Former Employee), Damascus, ARJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch and lots of ride time
Cons: long hours and bad management
very good co-workers but the only way to advance is the buddy system
Productive and fun workplace
Roustabout (Current Employee), Damascus, ARDecember 16, 2012
Pros: awesome team work
Cons: we are usually short handed
My typical day involves installing gas separators and water tanks, and when we are not doing that we are either helping other crews install flow lines, dump lines, and load lines, or we are out somewhere doing maintenance.
Great place to work, but I still want to grow.
Well site Supervisor (Current Employee), Conway, ARDecember 6, 2012
Pros: if price of gas comes back up we will have lots of work and be able to advance.
Cons: we have not yet increase are production in oil.
Oversee workover rig changing out tubing or any workover projects needed. I keep safety first and teach all people around me, as I continue learning. Ilove to read to increase my knowledge of my work tacks. Will start taking college online next year. I have learned alot about horizontail wells and new completion techniques.I enjoy working close with management and co-workers. Finding the right contractor's and keeping the best team due to gas prices. At this time not always getting AFE to continue working wells. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can keep learning something new everyday.