Southwestern Energy Employee Reviews

Bad management
Water Transfer Roustabout 2 (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARSeptember 14, 2016
Overall it was a good place to work except for upper management.The work was fun. Coworkers were awesome. Work was fun. I enjoyed the work wish things would pick up.
Workin in the oil field
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 31, 2016
I worked 12.5 hours a day
I learned to work together under extreme conditions
I management was hands on and apart of all jobs
My co-worker and I live around each other 24 hours a day
The hardest part of my job was leaving my family, but that is my job
The most enjoyable was the time off to spend with my family
Contract Work
Lead Oracle Apps/Project DBA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2016
Installation and Build process
Training customer
Middleware Fusion and identity Access Role
Commute every week to Houston.
Job planning/production and safety were a main priority as well as team work to acheive the goals of daily rig operations.
Drilling Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 21, 2016
A typical day at SWN always started with a safety meeting explaining the agenda and operations for the day. Then, we would relieve the other crew shift, getting information on the operations and progress of the drilling rig. Then I and my crew would take over and begin the operations for our shift.

Working at SWN I learned the importance of preparations, teamwork, leadership, and over all job safety.

Management at SWN was very interactive and genuinely involved and concerned with employees.

The hardest part of working for SWN was traveling and time spent away from family.

The most enjoyable part of working for SWN was the camaraderie, job benefits, and the emphasis on safety.

Working for SWN for 10 years has been an honor and a privilege. The pro's certainly outweighed the cons.
Pros
Job safety, free lunches, company trucks, benefits, and bonuses.
Cons
Being away from family/missing holidays and special occasions and working in bad weather conditions.
Great Work environment
Production Technician (accounting) (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 1, 2016
No set hours

I learned a lot about MS Excel

Great personal relationship with my boss and employees
Pros
laid back environment, no micro management, listen to music while working
Cons
A lot of work and only 3 employees to do all the work
Good benefits and nice offices, tough crowd
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 16, 2016
Not very open to new things or new people. Nice equipment and some nice people. They are undergoing senior management change and things are tough in the industry right now for them and everyone else. Enjoyed getting to learn new things and they have some of the best technology in the industry. It was challenging to learn all their different programs without any guidance or training offered.
Pros
nice facilities, pays well, still offers pension plan
Cons
very closed nit organization, hard for new people to break into and gain acceptance
Good working conditions
Independent Oil and Gas Consultant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 12, 2016
A productive Oil and gas company, many good people working together for one goal. just a good place to work. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Pros
Lots of good people
Cons
living away from home
Family oreinted and fun
Revenue Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77389June 11, 2016
This is a fast pace company that value their employees. They offer free professional development classes other companies don't. Management believe family is important. Co-workers work together which makes going to work more enjoyable. The on-site gym helps as well.
Pros
Great employer/pay.
Cons
Energy sector unsable.
Southwestern Energy is a well balanced company
Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 3, 2016
Some days are busier than others and I have to work long days and sometimes weekends when the job calls for it. This position requires you to be self managed and responsible to be good at the job. My co-workers are great, I enjoy working with them.
Pros
Company cares about their employees and their employees input\concerns
Great place to work.
Production Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 13, 2016
Daily work on gas wells and maintain location. I was able to be certified in CPR, fall arrest, forklift and other skills and safety programs.
Great Work/Life Balance
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 5, 2016
SWN has a fantastic company culture that was exemplified by its emphasis on safety and maintaining a work/life balance. One of the major benefits at SWN is the flex schedule that affords employees every other Friday off.
Good job to work at, good people.
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARApril 22, 2016
Very busy work day overseeing 16 mechanics, keeping job assignments going, dealing with the venders, ordering parts, going to meetings everyday. On the go constantly. Making sure everyone was wearing safety gear and abiding by company policy.

Very nice people to work with, enjoyed working with them.
Hardest part of the job was being away from family.
Most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new everyday.
Pros
Great environment to work in, great people
Cons
Away from family, On the go constantly
like it good work environment
Completion and Hydraulic Fracturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
good life work balance. can learn a lot form your peers and they always help. you can learn a lot about different aspect of the business. If you like to learn deeper about a certain section they train you an let you work in that section.
I think the company should have managed their investments more wisely to prepare for the economic bust in oil and gas we are experiencing.
Production/Subsurface Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
I am thankful for the knowledge gained by working for SWN. I wish them the best of luck in the future as I still hold many shares of company stock. I think the new CEO will do great.
Logistics Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 7, 2016
Love my job and the people that I worked with. This job is fun bc everything changes on a daily basis, keeps things exciting.
Fun, Relaxed Environment; Takes Care of Employees
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Fantastic company that was unfortunately hit hard with the downturn in the Oil and Gas industry.

Worked in a 9/80 environment with a collaborative team.

Management was very hands on but trusted their employees to get the job done. Conducive to asking questions.

Placed strong emphasis on learning while on the job.
Pros
Brand New Building, Great Stock Options
Cons
Bloated Management, Good Ol Boy System of Promotions
Good benefits
Business Information System Sr. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
Was a good place to work. The job was intense but satisfying. A layoff in January put 1100 people without a job. Awesome co-workers.
Swn
Certified Land Analyst/Registered Landman (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 18, 2016
SWN was my favorite opportunity. I really enjoyed the culture and the people. SWN also provided excellent benefits to its employees. I acquired many degrees and certifications in my 10 years at SWN. I had a great work life balance and personable supervisors.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Industry
Pleasant and professional place to work
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 15, 2016
Work load can be heavy since we are supporting a 24 hour operation. Adequate training has been provided which are very useful in our jobs. Management and co-workers are typical for a company that have seen growth in a short time - pleasant and professional, eager to make their contribution to the company. Completing projects and seeing it helping the users is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free gym
Excellent Pay
ASSISTANT DRILLER (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 9, 2016
Excellent Pay
Good benefits
I had an excellent crew
Subject to volatile market pricing
Some poor decisions made in my opinion as far as mineral purchases from company already in trouble

4.2