Southwestern Energy Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable
CRT Coordinataor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 14, 2017
Very good company. Enjoyed by time there and learned new skills. The men I worked with were knowledgeable and the workplace offered a good environment to work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Didn't last long enough
Great Culture with Leadership Needs
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Typical day includes project work and end user support. Direct management and leadership is very valuable and always looking to push you further. Overall culture at SWN is very family oriented, people first mentality. Hard to find in growing organizations who are trying to compete with the larger competitors. Enjoy the working relationships that have been built, making that the best part of each day.
Echo Meter
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARJanuary 23, 2017
My job consist of going out in the field taking readings of the well. The results we got back from a shot would tell us if there was any type of leaks in the well.
Friendly workplace with good amenities
Senior Appraisal Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Flexible hours, friendly staff, 9/80 schedule. The new building has a lot of desirable amenities such as a gym, cafeteria, covered parking. The furniture in the offices is rather small. They have standing desks which is convenient.
Sucks
Records Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This is not a good place to work.
It's who you know and not what you know with this company. This is the only way to succeed in this company.
Pros
job was a temp assignment
Cons
there is no room for growth
Nice work life Balance
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 22, 2016
It's a good company and nice work life balance. The management is very considerate and the co-workers have a great attitude. You could take the Kids to work once a year and show them the place and they have a great educational exposure and fun time.
Good company, management lacked leadership and direction
Operator (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARDecember 6, 2016
Overall good company, great benefits, safety was a priority. Management was a buddy system, who you know, not qualification.
Southwestern Energy is a great place to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2016
The day-to-day operations for the department with complex travel plans, training, org. charts, pay roll, expense reports, supply orders & routing mail
Pros
Southwestern Enery has great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Used to be a great place. But layoffs cut too deeply and much of the culture is gone.
Senior Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
SWN used to be a great place to work. The culture was great. The leadership listened. People were paid well. After the 2016 layoffs all that culture left as well. The Layoffs were too deep and everyone that was left had too much work for too few employees on miniscule profit margins. Essentially the culture left and all that was left behind was a humorless, unrewarding, extremely demanding sweatshop.
Pros
Pays moderately well
Cons
Work life balance is non existant, Very chaotic leadership, Feels as if everything could blow up at any instant.
Very productive, and great people to work with and for.
Production Roustabout II (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARNovember 8, 2016
I learned a lot about the production of natural gas from my management and fellow employees at Southwestern Energy. Its hard to get on but once you do, you feel like part of a big family. For the most part everyone looks after everyone.
Pros
Great pay and excellent benefits
Cons
Your job depends on the price of gas.
Great Company, Bad times
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2016
I was laid off from Southwestern Energy during a down economy. Had it not been for the cutbacks, I would have loved to continue working for SWN. I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No work from home policy
Good paying job with good benefits.
EO4 (Former Employee) –  Damascus, AROctober 10, 2016
I began my career at SWN as an EO 2 but quickly worked my way up to an EO 4 status. While there I learned many things and was able to be trained and certified on each piece of equipment on our pad, including cranes, forklifts and manbaskets and was taught how to maintain and perform preventative maintenance on all. I was also trained on computer programs like Frac Pro and AccuFrac that were vital to our operations. I was also able to take on a more leadership role by training other employees on equipment, by supervising rig ups and rig downs and by excelling as a treater where as I was in charge of all Frac operations.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not home as much as I would have liked
Bad management
Water Transfer Roustabout 2 (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARSeptember 14, 2016
Overall it was a good place to work except for upper management.The work was fun. Coworkers were awesome. Work was fun. I enjoyed the work wish things would pick up.
Workin in the oil field
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 31, 2016
I worked 12.5 hours a day
I learned to work together under extreme conditions
I management was hands on and apart of all jobs
My co-worker and I live around each other 24 hours a day
The hardest part of my job was leaving my family, but that is my job
The most enjoyable was the time off to spend with my family
Contract Work
Lead Oracle Apps/Project DBA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2016
Installation and Build process
Training customer
Middleware Fusion and identity Access Role
Commute every week to Houston.
Job planning/production and safety were a main priority as well as team work to acheive the goals of daily rig operations.
Drilling Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 21, 2016
A typical day at SWN always started with a safety meeting explaining the agenda and operations for the day. Then, we would relieve the other crew shift, getting information on the operations and progress of the drilling rig. Then I and my crew would take over and begin the operations for our shift.

Working at SWN I learned the importance of preparations, teamwork, leadership, and over all job safety.

Management at SWN was very interactive and genuinely involved and concerned with employees.

The hardest part of working for SWN was traveling and time spent away from family.

The most enjoyable part of working for SWN was the camaraderie, job benefits, and the emphasis on safety.

Working for SWN for 10 years has been an honor and a privilege. The pro's certainly outweighed the cons.
Pros
Job safety, free lunches, company trucks, benefits, and bonuses.
Cons
Being away from family/missing holidays and special occasions and working in bad weather conditions.
Great Work environment
Production Technician (accounting) (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 1, 2016
No set hours

I learned a lot about MS Excel

Great personal relationship with my boss and employees
Pros
laid back environment, no micro management, listen to music while working
Cons
A lot of work and only 3 employees to do all the work
Good benefits and nice offices, tough crowd
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 16, 2016
Not very open to new things or new people. Nice equipment and some nice people. They are undergoing senior management change and things are tough in the industry right now for them and everyone else. Enjoyed getting to learn new things and they have some of the best technology in the industry. It was challenging to learn all their different programs without any guidance or training offered.
Pros
nice facilities, pays well, still offers pension plan
Cons
very closed nit organization, hard for new people to break into and gain acceptance
Good working conditions
Independent Oil and Gas Consultant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 12, 2016
A productive Oil and gas company, many good people working together for one goal. just a good place to work. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Pros
Lots of good people
Cons
living away from home
Family oreinted and fun
Revenue Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77389June 11, 2016
This is a fast pace company that value their employees. They offer free professional development classes other companies don't. Management believe family is important. Co-workers work together which makes going to work more enjoyable. The on-site gym helps as well.
Pros
Great employer/pay.
Cons
Energy sector unsable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwestern Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2