Southwestern Energy Employee Reviews

Very productive, and great people to work with and for.
Production Roustabout II (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARNovember 8, 2016
I learned a lot about the production of natural gas from my management and fellow employees at Southwestern Energy. Its hard to get on but once you do, you feel like part of a big family. For the most part everyone looks after everyone.
Pros
Great pay and excellent benefits
Cons
Your job depends on the price of gas.
Job planning/production and safety were a main priority as well as team work to acheive the goals of daily rig operations.
Drilling Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 21, 2016
A typical day at SWN always started with a safety meeting explaining the agenda and operations for the day. Then, we would relieve the other crew shift, getting information on the operations and progress of the drilling rig. Then I and my crew would take over and begin the operations for our shift.

Working at SWN I learned the importance of preparations, teamwork, leadership, and over all job safety.

Management at SWN was very interactive and genuinely involved and concerned with employees.

The hardest part of working for SWN was traveling and time spent away from family.

The most enjoyable part of working for SWN was the camaraderie, job benefits, and the emphasis on safety.

Working for SWN for 10 years has been an honor and a privilege. The pro's certainly outweighed the cons.
Pros
Job safety, free lunches, company trucks, benefits, and bonuses.
Cons
Being away from family/missing holidays and special occasions and working in bad weather conditions.
Good company, management lacked leadership and direction
Operator (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARDecember 6, 2016
Overall good company, great benefits, safety was a priority. Management was a buddy system, who you know, not qualification.
Southwestern Energy is a great place to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2016
The day-to-day operations for the department with complex travel plans, training, org. charts, pay roll, expense reports, supply orders & routing mail
Pros
Southwestern Enery has great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Used to be a great place. But layoffs cut too deeply and much of the culture is gone.
Senior Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
SWN used to be a great place to work. The culture was great. The leadership listened. People were paid well. After the 2016 layoffs all that culture left as well. The Layoffs were too deep and everyone that was left had too much work for too few employees on miniscule profit margins. Essentially the culture left and all that was left behind was a humorless, unrewarding, extremely demanding sweatshop.
Pros
Pays moderately well
Cons
Work life balance is non existant, Very chaotic leadership, Feels as if everything could blow up at any instant.
Great Culture with Leadership Needs
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Typical day includes project work and end user support. Direct management and leadership is very valuable and always looking to push you further. Overall culture at SWN is very family oriented, people first mentality. Hard to find in growing organizations who are trying to compete with the larger competitors. Enjoy the working relationships that have been built, making that the best part of each day.
Nice work life Balance
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 22, 2016
It's a good company and nice work life balance. The management is very considerate and the co-workers have a great attitude. You could take the Kids to work once a year and show them the place and they have a great educational exposure and fun time.
Excellent company.
Senior Staff Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Excellent company. Open Management. Good benefits. Outstanding people.

Start a day with a 1 hour commute to my office. Meetings every other day related to drilling/Project activities. Get back to my office to work in planning and operational control of Wells in my área. Proposals and AFE approvals. Regulatory meetings to approve preliminary plats. Sometimes working overnight in detecting landing point depth to start drilling of horizontal borehole.
Perhaps, attending too many meetings during the week makes it the hardest part of the job. Working side by side with excellent professionals is very enjoyable and a constant learning process.
Pros
Open Management. Good peers. Nice cafeteria.
Cons
Too many meetings. Unbalanced work distribution.
Good paying job with good benefits.
EO4 (Former Employee) –  Damascus, AROctober 10, 2016
I began my career at SWN as an EO 2 but quickly worked my way up to an EO 4 status. While there I learned many things and was able to be trained and certified on each piece of equipment on our pad, including cranes, forklifts and manbaskets and was taught how to maintain and perform preventative maintenance on all. I was also trained on computer programs like Frac Pro and AccuFrac that were vital to our operations. I was also able to take on a more leadership role by training other employees on equipment, by supervising rig ups and rig downs and by excelling as a treater where as I was in charge of all Frac operations.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not home as much as I would have liked
Great Work/Life Balance
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 5, 2016
SWN has a fantastic company culture that was exemplified by its emphasis on safety and maintaining a work/life balance. One of the major benefits at SWN is the flex schedule that affords employees every other Friday off.
Swn
Certified Land Analyst/Registered Landman (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 18, 2016
SWN was my favorite opportunity. I really enjoyed the culture and the people. SWN also provided excellent benefits to its employees. I acquired many degrees and certifications in my 10 years at SWN. I had a great work life balance and personable supervisors.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Industry
SWN is a great workplace with a bunch of great empoyees.
Water Team Sr. Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 16, 2015
SWN is a great place to work. The managers and employees are a tight group of people that take their jobs seriously. Each group has to work closely with one another to make the work flow take place without a mishap. Everybody is a top notch worker that is an expert in their field. We were allowed to improve upon any procedure to help the company and this happened often. The hardest part of the job was in the early years of the water team having to deal with things 24 hours a day 7 days a week until we got our processes in line. I really enjoyed the comradery that we all had and the success that we enjoyed day in and day out. Every job that we completed was a challenge and a win.
Pros
Family oriented, goal oriented, great benefits, excellent co workers
Cons
Cons are the ups and downs of the industry.
great job
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 6, 2016
i loved working at southwestern energy. unfortunately, the oil and gas industry is not doing so well as it usually takes cycles. i and many others were impacted by this and what we feel as bad decisions made by upper management that led to a 44% personnel reduction. given that, i wish i was still able to work there due to the friendly staff and benefits.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
boom or bust industry
Friendly workplace with good amenities
Senior Appraisal Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Flexible hours, friendly staff, 9/80 schedule. The new building has a lot of desirable amenities such as a gym, cafeteria, covered parking. The furniture in the offices is rather small. They have standing desks which is convenient.
Excellent place to work
Operation Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work, excellent culture and benefits, had a great career growth and worked with great technology and people.

I would go back to work there again
Pros
Great benefits and Culture
Sucks
Records Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This is not a good place to work.
It's who you know and not what you know with this company. This is the only way to succeed in this company.
Pros
job was a temp assignment
Cons
there is no room for growth
Productive and enjoyable
CRT Coordinataor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 14, 2017
Very good company. Enjoyed by time there and learned new skills. The men I worked with were knowledgeable and the workplace offered a good environment to work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Didn't last long enough
Excellent Pay
ASSISTANT DRILLER (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 9, 2016
Excellent Pay
Good benefits
I had an excellent crew
Subject to volatile market pricing
Some poor decisions made in my opinion as far as mineral purchases from company already in trouble
Echo Meter
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARJanuary 23, 2017
My job consist of going out in the field taking readings of the well. The results we got back from a shot would tell us if there was any type of leaks in the well.
Workin in the oil field
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 31, 2016
I worked 12.5 hours a day
I learned to work together under extreme conditions
I management was hands on and apart of all jobs
My co-worker and I live around each other 24 hours a day
The hardest part of my job was leaving my family, but that is my job
The most enjoyable was the time off to spend with my family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwestern Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2