Southwestern Energy Employee Reviews in United States

Good job to work at, good people.
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARApril 22, 2016
Very busy work day overseeing 16 mechanics, keeping job assignments going, dealing with the venders, ordering parts, going to meetings everyday. On the go constantly. Making sure everyone was wearing safety gear and abiding by company policy.

Very nice people to work with, enjoyed working with them.
Hardest part of the job was being away from family.
Most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new everyday.
Pros
Great environment to work in, great people
Cons
Away from family, On the go constantly
like it good work environment
Completion and Hydraulic Fracturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
good life work balance. can learn a lot form your peers and they always help. you can learn a lot about different aspect of the business. If you like to learn deeper about a certain section they train you an let you work in that section.
I think the company should have managed their investments more wisely to prepare for the economic bust in oil and gas we are experiencing.
Production/Subsurface Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
I am thankful for the knowledge gained by working for SWN. I wish them the best of luck in the future as I still hold many shares of company stock. I think the new CEO will do great.
Logistics Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 7, 2016
Love my job and the people that I worked with. This job is fun bc everything changes on a daily basis, keeps things exciting.
Fun, Relaxed Environment; Takes Care of Employees
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Fantastic company that was unfortunately hit hard with the downturn in the Oil and Gas industry.

Worked in a 9/80 environment with a collaborative team.

Management was very hands on but trusted their employees to get the job done. Conducive to asking questions.

Placed strong emphasis on learning while on the job.
Pros
Brand New Building, Great Stock Options
Cons
Bloated Management, Good Ol Boy System of Promotions
Good benefits
Business Information System Sr. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
Was a good place to work. The job was intense but satisfying. A layoff in January put 1100 people without a job. Awesome co-workers.
Swn
Certified Land Analyst/Registered Landman (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 18, 2016
SWN was my favorite opportunity. I really enjoyed the culture and the people. SWN also provided excellent benefits to its employees. I acquired many degrees and certifications in my 10 years at SWN. I had a great work life balance and personable supervisors.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Industry
Pleasant and professional place to work
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 15, 2016
Work load can be heavy since we are supporting a 24 hour operation. Adequate training has been provided which are very useful in our jobs. Management and co-workers are typical for a company that have seen growth in a short time - pleasant and professional, eager to make their contribution to the company. Completing projects and seeing it helping the users is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free gym
Excellent Pay
ASSISTANT DRILLER (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 9, 2016
Excellent Pay
Good benefits
I had an excellent crew
Subject to volatile market pricing
Some poor decisions made in my opinion as far as mineral purchases from company already in trouble
Southwestern Energy Is a Great Place to Work
Sr. GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77380March 9, 2016
My time at SWN was awesome, I learned a lot, the people were friendly. I was laid off due to low Oil and Gas prices. I would absolutely recommend working at SWN.
Pros
Safety is always first
Cons
Sometimes leadership is distant because they are overloaded
Excellent place to work
Operation Center Team Lead (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work, excellent culture and benefits, had a great career growth and worked with great technology and people.

I would go back to work there again
Pros
Great benefits and Culture
Owner Relations Group (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Working in the oil and gas industry SWN was the best experience by far. The employees and management were very nice and easy to work with,. I learned more with working for SWN then with Anadarko.
A great work environment.
Associate Division Order Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 19, 2016
- Employees were often encouraged to share new ideas and management wasn't afraid to implement the best ones.

- All of my co-workers were extremely approachable and available to help anyone at anytime.
High reward / High risk
Staff GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Excellent workplace that challenges and promotes staff that deserves such recognition. Current management has made some mistakes that have been recognized by wall street. Stock and lays offs have since been the norm.
Management willing to do anything possible for the employees
Treater (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARFebruary 16, 2016
great co-workers
learned about the philosophy of SWN and can take that and apply it to life and other career.
great pay and insurance was the best I've had
Pros
lived close to home
Cons
too many workers so pay increases were minimal
Excellent company.
Senior Staff Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Excellent company. Open Management. Good benefits. Outstanding people.

Start a day with a 1 hour commute to my office. Meetings every other day related to drilling/Project activities. Get back to my office to work in planning and operational control of Wells in my área. Proposals and AFE approvals. Regulatory meetings to approve preliminary plats. Sometimes working overnight in detecting landing point depth to start drilling of horizontal borehole.
Perhaps, attending too many meetings during the week makes it the hardest part of the job. Working side by side with excellent professionals is very enjoyable and a constant learning process.
Pros
Open Management. Good peers. Nice cafeteria.
Cons
Too many meetings. Unbalanced work distribution.
You decide
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Great company to work for, but in the end having to cut your work force by 45%, you can see where there are issues in the company.

Would work for again if given the right opportunity and the leadership proved to be a lot better.
Pros
great balance to personal and work life
Cons
management
Work Hard Play Hard
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 8, 2016
Honest day's pay for an honest day's work. Dirty but that is the industry. Challenging yet rewarding. Good experience and able to work with a great team.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Out of town
great job
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 6, 2016
i loved working at southwestern energy. unfortunately, the oil and gas industry is not doing so well as it usually takes cycles. i and many others were impacted by this and what we feel as bad decisions made by upper management that led to a 44% personnel reduction. given that, i wish i was still able to work there due to the friendly staff and benefits.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
boom or bust industry
Excellent Culture
Rotational Geologist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I fully enjoyed my time at Southwestern Energy and was well supported by my peers and management. I wish SWN and its remaining employees the best in the future.

4.2