Southwestern Energy

Southwestern Energy Employer Reviews

A great company for recent college graduate
Accountant II, Midstream (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2014
SWN is a good company to work for, providing many benefits to their employees, including flex fridays.
Great employee culture, hard work, little room for chemist advancement
Field Technician (Current Employee), Damascus, ARAugust 23, 2014
This is a great company to work for if you are an engineer or geologist
Besides these positions, the work is hard, the pay is just acceptable, and the opportunity to advance quite meager.
Pretty good company to work for, they are fair.
Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee), ArkansasAugust 13, 2014
Pros: pension, bonuses
Cons: under paid for extra days worked, low pay, hostage pay (retention bonus 4 years out)
While they are fair for advancement their pay is lacking. They have alot of attrition for a small company due to low pay and the limited transparency. They are a good company to work for when starting out, or for upper management, however their field supervisors/mangers are not compensated fairly.
Has been a great place to work BUT is fastly following the typical "micromanagment" corporate trend
REGULATORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tunkhannock, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits (aside from the wretched united health care)
Cons: has hired on the likes of alexander proudfoot, hatchet men and micromanagement extraoridaires, for personnel strategy.
This company rewards hard work. You get out of it what you put into it. A major hold back is that they aren't very fond of internal job transfers from one department to another.
JV/AR
Joint Interest/AR Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2013
THe AR department is horrivble. The manager is horrible and a high turnover rate. The company is great.
A place where you have to know somebody to be somebody
Driller (Former Employee), Conway, ARJune 17, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: management lacking people skills
The culture and values of this company are great, I personally think that there are some people who do not like change. so It was a bad experience for me.
"those who can not live with change are destin for doom"
E & P Team Associate (Former Employee), Damascus, ARFebruary 27, 2013
I enjoyed working at SWN and would like to work there again someday. My co-workers were great and I had a wonderful boss!
long days and not enough pay
SIMOPS Roustabout (Former Employee), Damascus, ARJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch and lots of ride time
Cons: long hours and bad management
very good co-workers but the only way to advance is the buddy system
Productive and fun workplace
Roustabout (Current Employee), Damascus, ARDecember 16, 2012
Pros: awesome team work
Cons: we are usually short handed
My typical day involves installing gas separators and water tanks, and when we are not doing that we are either helping other crews install flow lines, dump lines, and load lines, or we are out somewhere doing maintenance.
Great place to work, but I still want to grow.
Well site Supervisor (Current Employee), Conway, ARDecember 6, 2012
Pros: if price of gas comes back up we will have lots of work and be able to advance.
Cons: we have not yet increase are production in oil.
Oversee workover rig changing out tubing or any workover projects needed. I keep safety first and teach all people around me, as I continue learning. Ilove to read to increase my knowledge of my work tacks. Will start taking college online next year. I have learned alot about horizontail wells and new completion techniques.I enjoy working close with – more... management and co-workers. Finding the right contractor's and keeping the best team due to gas prices. At this time not always getting AFE to continue working wells. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can keep learning something new everyday. – less
Oil and Gas business has serious fluctuations on a 5-10 year cycle
Pipeline Systems Operator (Former Employee), Damascus, AROctober 8, 2012
Pros: was a lifelong job dream come true
Cons: the personal conflicts with upper management was unbearable, instead of letting human resourses handle conflicts, management had no employee personal skills.
Work there was good and the expected work ethics are a given. Pay is great for this area. The management does get pay perks that arent handed down to the employees that earned it.
The other people I worked with were the greatest
Some callouts were in the worst weather conditions ever, but the pay made it worth it.I mostly enjoyed the schedule. It provided – more... me a 4 day weekend every other weekend to travel, do legal things and go to Dr. appointments as needed without having to take a weekday off. – less
Excellent employer who focused on continuing the education, training and cross training employees. Also believed in employee incentive programs.
Team Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: vendor breakfasts/lunches; outings; trainings
Cons: very few-pay grade and benefits could have been better, although they weren't bad
SWN was always a team-driven environment, which I'd never really experienced before. Management of all levels was always ready with encouraging words, advice, constructive criticism or anything else to make the individual and the team more effective. Likewise, they found enjoyable team-building activities to break up the monotony, especially after a – more... difficult or time-consuming project. These things made us want to work harder for the company and made our jobs more pleasent. – less
Learning opportunity was great and the people where friendly
Division Order Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2012
I learn a new side to the oil and gas industry. My co-workers were very friendly and I still stay in contact with many of them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with people that where a little overbearing and not willing to compromise. Management was good at listening and weighing all options.
Productive workplace
Sr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee), HoustonJuly 3, 2012
Great company to start with. They are growing fast and expanding