Southwestern Energy Employee Reviews

Over all a good company that needs to look at their management choices
Network Engineer II /Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Really love to work with my co-workers. And being with the company for 10 plus years I have acquired a great deal of friends. I was unfortunately that the company made such bad choices which sent the company down. They say they did what ever they could to keep from laying off but I do not think it was possible to avoid it. I enjoyed my 10 plus years working for Southwestern Energy.
Pros
Co-Workers
Family culture
Production Engineer- Southwest Appalachia (Former Employee) –  Jane Lew, WVJanuary 26, 2016
Great company to get a solid engineering basis within their 2 year training program. This company is a great place for new engineers to start. They make sure you develop into a well rounded engineer between the 6 month discipline rotations and the base of talent within the older engineers
Good Experience
production engineer (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 22, 2016
SWN was a good company to work for but due to commodity prices, layoffs had to occur. Training at SWN for new hires needs improvement.
Logistics Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 21, 2016
Enjoyed working at Southwestern Energy. Employees are treated like the "cream of the crop." My position in logistics was demanding and kept me on my toes with daily changes in protocol and computer updates. It was my job to get trucks to and from well sites. Commodities included water (fresh, hydrant, production, flowback), sand, and mud.
Wonderful Work Environment
Accounts Payable Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Southwestern Energy's environment was warm and friendly. A general day consisted of the review and processing of a variety of invoices ranging from completions, productions, drilling, inter-company, fleet etc. For the most part, the work load was fairly easy. My initial training took a little longer than expected; but once I got the hang of this I was up and running through invoices. The most enjoyable part of Southwestern Energy was working under a supervisor whom believed in Jesus. His beliefs were displayed in his spirit and easy-going personality. The environment was goal driven and I truly enjoyed working for the company.
Honorable organization
Logistics Compliance Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 11, 2016
SWN is an honorable organization caught in a horrible oil and gas economy. Despite what the investment world has said, SWN continues to be a GREAT employer and will be an industry leader again when commodities pricing recovers.
Productive and fun workplace.
accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Fun and easy going. Not overworked and well appriciated. Everyone gets along to get the job done accurately and in a timely manner.
Pros
free food
Need a change
Accounts Payable Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
The building has been moved and the drive is way too difficult for me to make. I love my co-workers but management is not all that great. There isn't much job upward mobility and I am looking for that in this stage in my career. Things have slowed down because gas prices are low.
Pros
Flex Fridays
Cons
Upward mobility, career growth
SWN is a great workplace with a bunch of great empoyees.
Water Team Sr. Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 16, 2015
SWN is a great place to work. The managers and employees are a tight group of people that take their jobs seriously. Each group has to work closely with one another to make the work flow take place without a mishap. Everybody is a top notch worker that is an expert in their field. We were allowed to improve upon any procedure to help the company and this happened often. The hardest part of the job was in the early years of the water team having to deal with things 24 hours a day 7 days a week until we got our processes in line. I really enjoyed the comradery that we all had and the success that we enjoyed day in and day out. Every job that we completed was a challenge and a win.
Pros
Family oriented, goal oriented, great benefits, excellent co workers
Cons
Cons are the ups and downs of the industry.
All in a days work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 15, 2015
I would rather not give my opinion of the company. I enjoyed learning to operate the equipment and am sure that the experience will be beneficial to me down the road.
Good people
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 10, 2015
Has been a good company to work for. The work was enjoyable and the benefits competitive. Biggest downside is that the oil and gas business is cyclical and right now, its down.
Awesome benefits but have to know someone to advance
Field Operator I, II (Former Employee) –  Damascus, ARNovember 29, 2015
You can go up some on your own performance but have to know someone to get to advanced positions. Great benefits. Work/Home balance got better once upper management wanted to cut back on overtime.
Pros
Benefits, company vehicle
Cons
Good Ole boy system still exists
Good people to work with
Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
I worked for three years as contract accountant at GeoSouthern. I pretty enjoyed the entire time there. I was involved several projects which gave me a sense of value and belonging. My work was appreciated and praised.
Pros
No free food, but we did go out for lunches occationally.
Cons
Commute was about two hours a day.
Over all a wonderful company to work for.
Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 26, 2015
Great company, enjoyed the experience and the environment, loved the volunteer opportunities and the company promoted growth and development..
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Moved to the Woodlands
Great environment with effort to accommodate comfortable workplace.
Geosciences Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 22, 2015
Before the downturn, there was plenty of work to do. It involved a lot of well information to position and update. I learned about the onshore division strategy which was completely different from the offshore and international divisions I worked in. Management was supportive and I appreciate Southwestern for giving me the opportunity to work there. My co-workers were easy to work with. So much cooperation and willingness to share their information to advance. The hardest part was the amount of work to do before the downturn but the most enjoyable part was the effort to give assistance.
Pros
Fitness Center, Rideshare program
Cons
Long distance but was worth it!
Great place to work and great people to work with.
Water Team Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 22, 2015
Fun and challenging place to work. Laid back work atmosphere. Got to meet a lot of people and make a lot of friends. Supervisors did not micromanage.
Pros
Great benefits, great work environment
Cons
Sometimes long commute to work
great place to work
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Damascus, AROctober 20, 2015
SWN is a great place to work great coworkers really great people
I enjoyed my time there It was one of the best jobs I've had
Completion Support
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 7, 2015
SWN is in position to be great. Solid upper management, shaky middle management, and dedicated employees. Opportunities for advancement are limited
Very fast pace environment and long hours
Senior Operations Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2015
It is a great place to work and gain valuable experiences but not that much support from supervisor. It is a very fast pace and long hours.
Pros
Fun place to work when the industry was doing well
Cons
Not much support from supervisor, a stressful environment and no loyalty when the industry is not doing well.
Great carrier opportunities
Operator, Blow-Out Prevention (Former Employee) –  Damascus, MDAugust 19, 2015
Typically a work day is very productive.
I learned a lot about the process of natural gas exploration.
Management was top notch.
Couldn't ask for better co workers.
Working in the heat but i managed very well.
Safely performing productive work in a dangerous industry that millions of Americans depend on.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Excellent company.
Cons
High risk work.

4.3