Southwestern Medical Center

Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Part time job performing medical screening for plasma donations
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 19, 2017
Assisted ER Physician by inputting lab tests, ordering radiology tests along with other clerical duties. The hardest part of this job was losing patients after calling a Code. The enjoyable time was talking with the nursing staff and learning different medical procedures, tests and how to perform them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Excellent
Eight week clinical internship (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 5, 2017
Excellent place to work. Very friendly staff and helpful as well. I loved working here but had to relocated due to moving to a different state.
Super busy office, good team support.
Medical Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 14, 2015
I have been with Southwestern medical center for 5+ years and I love it here. No other hospital I would work for in this area. Allot support from management.
Pros
Opportunity to grow within the company
great place to work.
Research Assistance II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2015
doing DNA sequencing using ABI377 DNA sequencer for different Labs
have joined different research projects
good relationship with co-workers

the hardest part is the commute
Pros
work is interesting and enjoyable
Cons
long commute and I decided to to stay home for the new baby
fast paced work environment with friendly staff
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 15, 2015
This job is working with 4-12 year old patients making it fast paced and noisy. It has few breaks while on the floor and high stress since it is a psychiatric hospital. Managers are easy to talk to and staff is friendly. The best part of this job is seeing a pt's behaviors improve.
Pros
seeing patients improvement
Cons
no breaks and fast paced.
nursing
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 8, 2015
learned basic nursing skills in an acute care hospital with good support from colleagues and management caring for acute patients
I just started this job and I am on the phone all day long with insurance co. Not enough interaction with patients. Everyone is very nice and helpful
RN CASE MANAGER AND UR NURSE (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 18, 2015
My experience with ccmh was wonderful, I worked with many wonderful people. I miss them terribly. I gained much from my years there,

A typical day was to go in and get my schedule for the day, pull charts or intake paper-work and learn as much as I could about my patients. Assisted my co-workers when I could if my day was lite. There was paper work to be done daily after visits. I took call one or two days during the week and one weekend of the month. I worked with nurses of all back grounds which made for a well rounded scope of practice. Everyone had knowledge to offer, and they were all very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was having a very full day and getting all the paper work turned in on time. The most enjoyable part of the day was going home knowing you had accomplished your goals for the day and that you made someones life richer in some way.
Pros
THE PEOPLE
Cons
DRIVING IN BAD WHEATHER
Productive fast-paced environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 7, 2015
I triaged for Neurosciences, Orthopedics, and Urology departments and never had a boring moment. Every day you have to multi-task and at times it does get very overwhelming. However, the best part of everyday was knowing that the patients trusted in me to provide great care and customer service for them.
Pros
fast-paced, never a dull moment
Cons
at times no breaks
Small local Hospital
Patient Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTJanuary 5, 2015
Its a small local hospital, where the staff is kind and helpful. Great place to learn and work with many.
small place to work at and fun activities to share with family
Lead Orthopedics and General Surgery Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 20, 2014
Small hospital with friendly staff. Always going above and beyond to assist patients.
Got to work with previous staff and physician
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 24, 2014
staff was great, meeting some former patients was awesome, not having enough staff was challenging at times
Pros
all the great people and patients there
Cons
not enough staff
It was a fun and good place to have experince
Pharmacy Tech (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2014
On a typical day, I do floor runs to all nurse station every hour picking up providers prescriptions to pharmacy department. At this place, I learnt how to do admixtures. Co-workers were helpful in teaching on how to do hospital work. I enjoyed doing floor runs.
Pros
There was no clock in or out for me I made sure I go four hours a day
Cons
As an interim officer, sometimes it was boring.
Intensive Care Department
Registered Nurse, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 30, 2014
Worked in the Intensive Care Department for 5 months with a temporary contract. Management always willing to work with nurses to provide a safe environment to work in.
Fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 28, 2014
I love working with the people That I do. Its time for change & better
money
A typical day is cleaning the hoods to get them ready to make my IV's. Make Iv's for the day. The hardest part of the job is living paycheck to paycheck... Most enjoyable part are the people I work with.
Pros
The people
Cons
short breaks & having to eat lunch very fast
A small hospital working hard to improve
House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 18, 2014
A small hospital that was working very hard to improve the quality of care to its clients. They were going through major re-organization. There was a huge shortage of staff, so unfortunately they had to utilize travel nurses that made the hospital inefficient. The management team was overall good, but was in transition when I was there.
Pros
Care based on best practice
Cons
Going through re-organizaton at the time
Absolutely loved it there!
Stay/Recovery Room clinical assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 16, 2014
I had the best boss ever! He was so understanding and always took high consideration of his staff. Miss this place.
Pros
free lunches and free gift cards
Cons
pay rate was low
This was an opportunity to use the education and training that I had had. Professional atmosphere and close co-workers.
Intake Coordinator/ Utilization Review (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 9, 2014
Typical day at work usually had scheduled assessments. I would met with each family and assessment their possible need for in patient mental health care or not. I would meet with the psychiatrist to discuss the assessment and then assist patient with the admission process is necessary or give them other referrals if not. I called insurance companies for the pre-approval for admission as needed. I would also go to main hospital for doctor recommended consults or to the emergency room if doctor felt a patient needed a psychiatric assessment. I also would go to nursing homes to assess geriatric patients if director believed that there was a mental health problem. Doctor would be notified and I followed through on their recommedations. At times I would help cover on call hours over nights and weekends.
I learned much about mental health and diagnosis. I worked with ages 4 through geriatric. We also handled soldiers who have served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. My co-workers were dedicated to doing their best and showed compassion for the patients and their situations. Hardest part of the job was on call hours. Most enjoyable was working with families who truly needed some help and being able to make a difference.
Pros
Good working environment, great pay and good hours
Cons
On call hours.
Small Hosp environment with many roles expanded
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 25, 2013
Since this is a small facility, many roles are expanded to include a lot more than listed in job description. Management lacks nursing knowledge. Loved my co-workers and patients. Hardest part of working here was the expectation of doing much more with same staff or much less.
Good Place to Work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 28, 2013
Having the chance to help children with behavior problems. I have learned that sometimes behavior is learned. Also, working with people you really don't ever know how your day will go. During my work history I have learned to stay away from co-workers with negative behaviors. The hardest part of my current job is not being able to take the abused children home and let them know that it should not hurt to be a child. The most enjoyable part of my current job is just being able to work there and to make a little difference in their world.
Pros
Making a difference in the work place
Cons
Health benefits
Excellent facility
Recruiting & Retention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 12, 2013
Super management team. Consistently excellent Joint Commission reports and one of the friendliest places to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Southwestern Medical Center Reviews by Location