Southwestern Medical Center

Southwestern Medical Center Employer Reviews

Intensive Care Department
Registered Nurse, Full Time (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 30, 2014
Worked in the Intensive Care Department for 5 months with a temporary contract. Management always willing to work with nurses to provide a safe environment to work in.
Fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 28, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: short breaks & having to eat lunch very fast
I love working with the people That I do. Its time for change & better
money
A typical day is cleaning the hoods to get them ready to make my IV's. Make Iv's for the day. The hardest part of the job is living paycheck to paycheck... Most enjoyable part are the people I work with.
A small hospital working hard to improve
House Supervisor (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 18, 2014
Pros: care based on best practice
Cons: going through re-organizaton at the time
A small hospital that was working very hard to improve the quality of care to its clients. They were going through major re-organization. There was a huge shortage of staff, so unfortunately they had to utilize travel nurses that made the hospital inefficient. The management team was overall good, but was in transition when I was there.
Absolutely loved it there!
Stay/Recovery Room clinical assistant (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches and free gift cards
Cons: pay rate was low
I had the best boss ever! He was so understanding and always took high consideration of his staff. Miss this place.
This was an opportunity to use the education and training that I had had. Professional atmosphere and close co-workers.
Intake Coordinator/ Utilization Review (part-time) (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good working environment, great pay and good hours
Cons: on call hours.
Typical day at work usually had scheduled assessments. I would met with each family and assessment their possible need for in patient mental health care or not. I would meet with the psychiatrist to discuss the assessment and then assist patient with the admission process is necessary or give them other referrals if not. I called insurance companies – more... for the pre-approval for admission as needed. I would also go to main hospital for doctor recommended consults or to the emergency room if doctor felt a patient needed a psychiatric assessment. I also would go to nursing homes to assess geriatric patients if director believed that there was a mental health problem. Doctor would be notified and I followed through on their recommedations. At times I would help cover on call hours over nights and weekends.
I learned much about mental health and diagnosis. I worked with ages 4 through geriatric. We also handled soldiers who have served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. My co-workers were dedicated to doing their best and showed compassion for the patients and their situations. Hardest part of the job was on call hours. Most enjoyable was working with families who truly needed some help and being able to make a difference. – less
Small Hosp environment with many roles expanded
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lawton, OKNovember 25, 2013
Since this is a small facility, many roles are expanded to include a lot more than listed in job description. Management lacks nursing knowledge. Loved my co-workers and patients. Hardest part of working here was the expectation of doing much more with same staff or much less.
Good Place to Work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Lawton, OKAugust 28, 2013
Pros: making a difference in the work place
Cons: health benefits
Having the chance to help children with behavior problems. I have learned that sometimes behavior is learned. Also, working with people you really don't ever know how your day will go. During my work history I have learned to stay away from co-workers with negative behaviors. The hardest part of my current job is not being able to take the abused children – more... home and let them know that it should not hurt to be a child. The most enjoyable part of my current job is just being able to work there and to make a little difference in their world. – less
Excellent facility
Recruiting & Retention Coordinator (Current Employee), Lawton, OKApril 12, 2013
Super management team. Consistently excellent Joint Commission reports and one of the friendliest places to work.
Terrible place to work
Activities coordinator (Former Employee), Lawton okApril 6, 2013
Pros: lots of experience and patient interaction
Cons: terrible management
Terrible place to work. Employee satisfaction is very low. I had to quit because I was in school and they changed my schedule.
productive, rewarding
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Lawton, OKApril 2, 2013
Supportive in education advancement , flexible hours, excellent training, high patient satisfaction scores,
N/A
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Lawton, OKDecember 14, 2012
Auditing charts fifteen min checks vital signs milieu management assisting RN in any means within legal parameters and al other duties perfumed by an mental health technician
Excellent Manager and Team
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Lawton, OKFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: helpful with hour management during school
Cons: sold to new folks focused only on bottom dollar
Very helpful while furthering education; understanding and fun!

About Southwestern Medical Center

Southwestern Medical Center is a 199 bed full service hospital with a comprehensive range of services and high quality care. Southwestern – Read more

Southwestern Medical Center Photos