Southwestern Michigan College Employee Reviews

Productive work environment with a security based employment,
Southwestern Michigan College Student Desk Worker (Former Employee), Dowagiac, MIJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Allowed to work on homework while working.
Cons: Made to sit in one spot for prolonged times.
A typical day at work included maintaining an clean and safe work environment, I learned to work the processing computers to process over night guest and visitors.
excellent
Instructor (Former Employee), Niles and Dowagiac MichiganMay 24, 2015
Pros: appreciation
Cons: not enough hours
Absolutely loved teaching at the college level. Worked well with this age group and loved the wonderful class discussions. My co workers were professional and positive. I learned much about adapting my curriculum to different learning styles. The hardest part of the job was dealing with large numbers of absences from students. The most enjoyable part of the job was the student appreciation.
Good Student Work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Dowagiac, MIMay 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Limited hours
An engaging and challenging work environment. You get to setup laboratory equipment and become more familiar with equipment that many students might not have the opportunity to do.
A Great Place to work!!
Professional Tutor - Substitute Instructor (Current Employee), Dowagiac, MiApril 28, 2015
Great people, great technology, and great hours!! A pleasure to work with the people and to help students to reach their academic goals.
Great learning experience
Welding Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Niles, MIMay 2, 2014
I found this job very interesting and it was a great learning experience.
Great community college with small university feel. Dedicated to student growth.
Lead Instructor (Current Employee), Dowagiac, MISeptember 16, 2013
Pros: challenging and rewarding
Cons: some semesters classes start at 8:00 am and end at 10:pm
Duties, as lead instructor, extend beyond classroom. I am the program administrator, enrollment recruiter, curriculum designer, and multiple committee member.
A great place to do your work study
Weld Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Niles, Mi.June 19, 2013
I am grateful for the experience to work for the college while attending. It has enhanced my studies with some hands on knowledge, that coupled with the fact I live with an engineer has been important ingredients in the enhancement of my degree.
Overall was a good learnning enviornment.
Full Time Student/Auto Service Technician (Former Employee), Dowagiac, MIApril 30, 2013
Pros: awsome tools and equipment.
Cons: not enough lab time with instructor.
Good class studies but when it came to working in the lab sometimes there wasn't enough instruction. Tools and equipment was great the environment was cool. Instructor was cool just wish there would of been more than one.
Fun and relaxed work place.
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Dowagiac, MIApril 11, 2013
I would sit in the learning center at SMC and assist students with homework or just help them study something they found difficult. I also helped shadow a class. This enabled me to know exactly what the students were working on and how the teacher taught that subject.
Was a student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), dowagiac, miFebruary 9, 2013
was a student worker. Good jobs to get a student the experience they meed.=
Fun job for only twice a year
Solo and Ensemble Worker (Current Employee), Dowagiac, MIJuly 20, 2012
I get to work with great people in my band class, and I get to manage a room with a partner. Between the two of us, we manage the play times so the students perform at their scheduled time.
Very friendly atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Dowagiac, MIMay 16, 2012
Pros: country setting, friendly and students are great
Cons: not a place for advancement of women
I worked as an adjunct instructor for four years and decided to leave and get my master's degree. After graduation they had a position open and I applied. They hired a man in my old position where I was told my position would be held for me. I just feel as though they didn't give me a fleeting chance at being hired full-time. I wasn't even interviewed.
great co-workers, offers many associate degrees, helpful instructors,
Admissions Specialist/Advisor (Former Employee), Dowagiac, MIMarch 27, 2012
Pros: friendly co workers, friendly working atmosphere, informative meetings
Cons: lack of staff, no inusrance for part time employees, policys are not well defined
Its a good place to work but its hard to get full time and you cannot get medical insurance without being full time. Constant changes are made to programs, positions and policy. Friendly work environment. Co-workers are team players.