Southwestern University

Southwestern University United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
QB Coach and Football Operations (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: travel
Southwestern University is a great place to work. The environment was extremely positive. Besides coaching football, my job was recruit and build relationships with young male student/athletes. Help monitor academic career. The best part of the job was building and maintaining relationships/friendships with the student/athlete and their families.
Productive with flexible hours
Lifeguard (Current Employee), On CampusApril 14, 2014
Pros: management, flexible hours
Cons: salary
Good on campus job during school. Learned time management and accountability
Close-Knit Community with Strong Commitment to Academics
Student Worker (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXApril 6, 2014
Cons: sometimes a little too small
Southwestern has an exceptionally strong culture of high achieving students and dedicated staff. It's a friendly, welcoming organization, with a great new president.
School
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXMarch 20, 2014
I go to school here and am not really qualified to rate general employment here. We watched for only 2 hours a day, once a week.
A good atmosphere to come work.
Public Service Officer (Part-time) (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free access to the fitness facilities and other facilities on campus.
Cons: no insurance
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have the freedom to do my job without someone checking on me at all times. The hardest part of my job is not having any type of insurance. My co-workers do what needs to be and management are doing what they to do make to the workplace function properly. What I learned is just do your job. A typical day at work is a quiet atmosphere with everyone doing their job.
This is an institution of higher learning, not a workplace
Graduate (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: small classes, research with professors at a masters level in undergrad
Cons: too small, limited in funding and departments
That being said, it was an amazing place to learn, thrive, and grow as an individual and academic.
Great people to work with at the university.
Senior Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: free parking, reduced prices for meals on campus, free tickets to campus productions and concerts.
Cons: working long hours without being compensated for overtime hours worked.
I was provided the freedom to do my job with little to no supervision. My primary responsibility was supporting the Vice President for Enrollment Services. However, I was also responsible for supporting the division staff as well. I was the "go to" person within the organization. My knowledge of the organization and university structure enabled me to provide assistance and needed information to Enrollment Services personnel.