Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews

Nice place to work.
Customer Service manager, (head teller). (Former Employee), Marcus Hook, PA and Chadds Ford, PAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: 45 minute lunch break
Cons: short breaks
I liked working in the Marcus Hook branch. Marcus Hook is a small little town. A lot of our customers were elderly, it made me feel so good to be able to talk to them and help them. It was a nice work place, did not have a ping pong table, but had a lot of places to eat, and a consignment store I visited every day on my lunch break and bought a lot of nice things there.
terrible
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 27, 2015
terrrrrible company to work for. Do not care about employees, benefits or helping. they make you work overtime, without extra days off etc.
Lots of travel
Junior Teller (Former Employee), MassachusettsJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: High employee turnover, little training
I was a floating teller so I was able to visit many different cities and towns in the South Coast as well as in Rhode Island.
Very exciting job with close co-workers
Leadership Consultant (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Worked independently
Cons: on call 24-7
Worked from home office with a team of three others and a supervisor. Very independent serving a specific client base of three executive vice presidents and their direct reports. Required traveling throughout eastern Pa. and all of New Jersey.
Enjoyed working at Sovereign Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Newark NJMay 27, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: strict hours not flexible for students
This was my first banking employment and I enjoyed working there. It would have been a pleasure continue working within the company however my school schedule conflicted with one of those working days.
I enjoyed working for a place which had a healthy respect for Diversity.
Report Analyst (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTMay 14, 2015
Pros: Being treated with respect and courtesy, not being micro-managed allowed to manage my time effectively to complete jobs in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
Cons: Health care changes and expenses
Conducting audits in a professional, accurate and friendly manner and being treated with respect and support by the various managers I was fortunate to have had.
As an auditor, I was assigned to audit nearly all areas of the bank and was able to learn how all the departments, personnel and their related functions were integral to how the bank functioned.
Trying to be as organized as possible to minimize staff and productivity disruption which can occur during an audit.
I was very fortunate to have met very wonderful people on my travels to the various branches and made some friendships along the way. Once people got to know me, I felt more than welcome on my visits and for the most part was able to put everyone's mind at ease when I visited them.
I also enjoyed interacting with our customers both from an auditor perspective as well as from a teller or customer service representative perspective.
Excellent Employer
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
A very "Family First" company. Wonderful place to work for. Great leadership and great environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. I couldn't recommend this place any higher!
Fun place to work at.
Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 27, 2015
Great atmosphere. willing to teach you and make you grow as an individual. Staff members are friendly. Managers willing to help you what ever way they can
Operational Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 23, 2015
I serve as an Operational Customer Service Manager assuring all operations comply with regulations for the Federal Government and Sovereign Bank. By managing Customer Service Representatives I make sure that policies and procedures are understood and followed. I use good judgment in applying procedures and granting exceptions.

• Manage the branch in the absence of the CBO as directed.
• Assist in the development of marketing strategies and all branch sales activities.
• Recognizing sales opportunities for mortgage products.
• Responsible for doing initial mortgage underwriting before sending application to decision solution center.
• Review customer’s relationships to determine the type of products they may be eligible for such as loans and other accounts.
• Complete all monthly, quarterly, and yearly audits on every individual in the branch.
• Contribute to the branch sales goals by personally recognizing sales and referral opportunities.
• Coach and council staff to there optimum performance.
• Monitor all general ledger accounts and reconcile any differences that may occur.
It was a very busy bussiness.
Consumer collector (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 21, 2015
The great thing about this job was that there was always something two do. Lots a challenges with so many employees. Everyone was trying to hit there goal for that day off.
Great community
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn NYApril 14, 2015
I started my banking career with Sovereign Bank formerly known as "Independence Community Bank" I spent several years growing with them. I had some amazing teachers/mentors who guided me through the ropes of the company. The best part of my day was interacting with my customers and fellow employees and coworkers.
The bank was in constant termoil
Senior Vice President, Commercial Banking (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2015
This review is based on the end of the period
-Management turmoil
-Inconsistent credit culture
-The bank was not client driven
bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Haverhill, MAApril 13, 2015
Sovereign now Santander was a great learning experience and the branch I was at was like a second family. It was great to me in a bad time in my life.
Excellent banking learning experience
Secondary Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Excellent advancemnet opportunities and tuition reimbursements
Cons: Not as flexible as I would've prefered
Maintained and distributed daily private investor, jumbo and government loan pricing. Hedged and processed daily private investor, jumbo, and government loan trades. Managed loan trade inquiries. Processed Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac daily cash trades. Assisted loan officers with program pricing, exceptions, and extensions. Processed and uploaded Retail and Wholesale mortgage rates. Assisted with monthly gains memo reporting. Assisted in the settlement of securities including notice to investors and appropriate general ledge entries. Managed daily lock/exception, government products, and private investor reports.
Great work environment
Floating Teller (Former Employee), Marple, PAMarch 16, 2015
Great work place. advancement is most likely. Great customer base. Convenient locations. Great hours and the company is all about helping its customer while not disrespecting its employees.
Great Place
SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE, ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 14, 2015
good learning atmosphere, great location, diverse, every day was different, team building skills, multitasking, great bonuses, active and fun
Fast paced bank environment
ATM management (Former Employee), New JerseyMarch 11, 2015
Pros: happy work environment
Cons: 30 minute break
cash handling, customer service, selling products, meeting daily and weekly sales goals, client relationships, money ordering from money carrier
Great place if you like sales
sales (Current Employee), parksburg, PAMarch 3, 2015
A typical Day at work, very busy. I've learned you definitely need team work to get stuff done. The coworkers are great. Hardest part of the job, is trying to hurry and wait on customers when the systems are slow. the most enjoyable part of the job, is the customers they are usually understanding
A excellent place to work; Very friendly.A good company to learn
Servicio al Cliente (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: to many good things!! i won't have space to say every pros for this company here.
Excellent place to work where i Learned true the years a lot from coworker and supervisor. friendly,safe,comfortable there is nothing bad the i can said about my many years working at Sovereign Bank. i did a i do enjoyed that care peoples financial problem and find solution to there needs. love it!!!!
Professional,fun workplace and a great BranchManager
Teller/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 16, 2015
The teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.