Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Assistant Customer Service Supervisor (acting) (Former Employee) –  CTMay 16, 2016
An accomplished customer service star with a proven track record of reducing errors in financial transactions through accurate & efficient data entry. Experienced in supervising and motivating team members as well as office management and regulatory compliance. Seeking to make a transition to the insurance industry as relocation to the Dallas area creates an opportunity to help an organization more efficiently process transactions, keep their office running smoothly, or supervise a team in achieving corporate goals. A proven low maintenance learner focused on delivering results, fostering teamwork and inspiring confidence at all levels.
Good place to start a banking career
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 23, 2016
This bank was a great place to start in banking. They have plenty of money to put their employees through an amazing training program and educate them on all products and procedures.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Very sales oriented
Sales, Sales, Sales!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 18, 2016
My role here was the first in my career and it helped me identify my skill; I was great at customer service and after understanding products I learned I was also great at sales. I learned work ethic, responsibility and accountability. My manager was tough, very goal driven and rough around the edges that drove numbers like nothing I had ever seen before! I struggled with his management technique however I can now appreciate and completely understand his approach.
was good
Compensation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 15, 2016
marketpricing, peoplesoft

learned incentive awards

management was good

coworkers were good

hardest part was growing

most enjoyable were co workers
Great pay and benefits, steady hours
Teller (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. The work was steady, and there is a lot of room for advancement. Great pay and benefits, many locations to work extra hours
Loved it!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work! This is a place I actually miss, lots of room to advance. The atmosphere was very professional and a steady stream of customers kept things interesting.
Quality learning experience
Senior Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJanuary 19, 2016
Enjoyed working here. Because there was not a branch manager there for much of my employment I was able to take on greater responsibilities than my position would normally have afforded. Plenty of opportunities to grow interpersonal skills and hone sales skills.
Better place to work since the Santander merger.
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
Work there only a short period of time when the bank was brought my Sovereign Bank, the bank was in transition at the time I left the bank.
Pros
Larger Bank
Cons
Not very ethical
Senior Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  .December 2, 2015
An international bank servicing sevaral countries under the Santader umbrella today. Headquartered in Madrid Spain with corporate office in United States Boston.
General view about Sovereign Bank
Customer Service Representative Level II (Current Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 30, 2015
It was wonderful working with my co-workers and learning new things, but some managers were discriminating on some employees including myself.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Discrimination
Production based work enviroment
Assistant Vice-President/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 17, 2015
Focus strictly about the numbers. Overabundance of red tape and politics. Local management little to no concern for staff
Fun
Switch Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RINovember 2, 2015
This job department was laid off. This department assist in Customers switching banks and us setting up everything for them without them going to the bank
Banking
Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 23, 2015
Good Management staffing. work with employee was helpful and listen and understand. Help problem and very nice place to work
Excellent bank to work for. Great co-workers, fun enviroment, and fantastic customers.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAOctober 15, 2015
Sovereign Bank in Westwood was a pleasure to work for. Fun bank to work for. Everyone was professional, no gossip, just a wonderful group of hard working employees.
Pros
Co-workers and management always appreciative of your work.
Cons
Absolutely 0 cons working at the Sovereign Bank.
I was a Branch Manager of Soverign/Santander Bank for many years
Branch Manager/Vice President (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 10, 2015
As a Manager for the bank I enjoyed the sales and service culture. I excelled in any goals assigned and found ways to coach the staff to sell bank products. I was sent to different branches when they were in need of change either in customer service or sales. In one branch I increased there sales from the bottom 5% to the top 10%.
Pros
I was left to run my branches to the best of my ability.
Cons
Towards the end of my employment there was a great deal of micro managing.
Now Santader Bank, Great Place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaOctober 7, 2015
Very welcoming company, with diversity amongst the employees. Treat employees like family, with company parties and events. Now that its Santander, the company is international providing great room for advancement.
Pros
international
Excellent Customer Service Experience
Personal Banker/ Teller I (Former Employee) –  Plaistow, NHOctober 7, 2015
Great interaction with customers but the quotas and goals overpower your ability to care about customer needs. Most customers become frustrated with constant sales pitches which makes meeting goals very difficult to reach.
Pros
Great Experience to put on resume
Cons
Upper Bank Managment is too pushy
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Schuylkill Haven, PASeptember 21, 2015
Great place to work, nice building, and nice location. As an employee you get great benefits like paid vacation and paid holidays.
Offers good banking products as well.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
short lunches
Sovereign Bank
Licensed Bank Employee (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJSeptember 21, 2015
Although I did not enjoy working at Sovereign Bank, I did learn and gain enough experience to begin my career at JPMorgan Chase.
N/a
Licensed Bank Employee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2015
There was no typical work day. What was required of you changed from day to day. While job hours were specified, they also changed day to dat based on District managers instructions. Call nights went from being one night a week, to two nights a week, to three nights a week. The company would take your regular hours away from you so that you didn't go into overtime (because the company didn't want to pay you overtime) and felt that if you had to stay and work extra hours at night making calls, they adjusted your time by either scheduling you to come in later, leave earlier or take longer breaks so you weren't on the clock and didn't surpass 40 hours.