Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews

Bad pay
Pa. - Teller (Former Employee) –  Pennsdale, PAApril 7, 2017
Had to learn the teller job, open accounts, take care of the vault, take care of the ATM and also do loans. I really enjoyed what I did and was good at it but only got paid for being a teller.
Pros
Customers
ok
Teller II (Former Employee) –  PAApril 6, 2017
ok job. nice staff, benefits suck. clients are so-so. the busier the branch the more likely you are to mess something up so take your time and dont get frazzled.
I was the best employee in sales wise for 4 yrs continue.me and my coworker were family.i got my promotion .i was very satisfied with my work
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJApril 6, 2017
Every single day i enjoy my work as well as coworkers.Our supervisor always work closely by us and always willing to help us out in need.
Branch manager availabble everyday and aso co oprate with tellers and other staff try to help every step with difficult customer or any problem insides. very happy every time when my review due very fairly treated she also gives us advice about jobs related how can improve in certain area where we made mistakes etc.
Pros
every week we used to get treat from manager or supervisor and some times from altogether.
Cons
Very reasonable break whenever needed speacially in emergency very much flexibility
Good work place
Teller - Sr. Customer Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Long Branch, NJMarch 28, 2017
It was challenging place to work with Sovereign Bank which is now Santander bank. The Drive up window had it's own building location away from the lobby. Difficult with sales.
Sovereign Bank Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 23, 2017
As a Bank Teller, I was responsible and performed teller duties that included cash, checks, deposits, withdrawals and other banking transactions. I also filled in for the operation manager and managed all ATM transactions.
nice staff at the location i worked at
Teller (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 16, 2017
great company to work for but they gave me an option of either staying and communicating every single day to multiple locations which did not fit the criteria of distance traveled or let the job go willingly. Being not able to afford a car at the time i had no choice
good to work for
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 14, 2017
Always growing the company through acquisitions and mergers
People are good to work with.

This company was purchased by Santander NA

The company it always thriving to improve
Pros
changing
Cons
slow to promote
Good place to work.
SVP, Energy Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Good place to work. Management is good. Stress level is low. CEO is excellent. The culture is very team oriented and collaborative. Employees are friendly and helpful.
Busy and fun place to work with a lot of community projects.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Sovereign Bank was a very ambitious and well run company and treated it's employees with respect. Many employees had many years of employment at the bank and the turnover rate was low as a result. Our community projects kept us connected to our customers.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Consumer Loan Processor Specialist II (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 7, 2017
Temporary position

Over fast environment

Not that friendly of a place to work

was learning all the different codes for references

working together with other Temp workers
Pros
Part time
Cons
co workers
Customer Service
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Reconciled ATM activity daily on general ledger
Very check and cash deposits and identify and escalate any fraudulent issues or suspicious activity
Account management for business and personal;
Analyze research and resolve complex customer service inquiries; open and close account
Identify errors and or issues with other
typical day
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJDecember 27, 2016
I had to take care of all customers' banking needs. I took deposits and withdrawals, sold gift certificates and savings's bonds. At the end of the day, I had to make sure that all my cash balanced.
Personalize Service Rep
Administrative Assistant/Junior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2016
Investigated reason for cancellation
Retained customers by resolving issues and used current promotions.
Negotiated pricing on equipment upgrades customers using a pricing matrix.
Teller (Former Employee) –  HArrisburg PANovember 6, 2016
The employment was a fun place to work. Customers trusted me with big amounts of money and trusted my suggestive recommendations for opportunity with future benefits to their savings.
Fast paced, friendly and fun work environment
Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 3, 2016
Great work environment, learned to be a self-motivator, problem solve for multiple customers, built great relationships. Most enjoyed being personally responsible for banking transactions, cash handling and cash draw balancing.
Too many changes
BRANCH MANAGER IV (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 6, 2016
This financial institution has the ability to be a very good company. I find that if senior leadership was to stick to one bank methodology for a significant time, as apposed to various changes very often they would render better overall service.
Pros
great products
Cons
lack of commitment
Not a place to consider working for like it used to be.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 27, 2016
Used to enjoy coming to this place of business but now it's gone down hill. Not fun like it used to be. Don't like waking up and coming here. Trying to find a better opportunity.
Experienced
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
I found clients every day door to door and turned them into our bank client's with deposits and mortgages. I worked bank branches and did open houses on weekends with builders to pre-qualify
Lots of growth and change
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 25, 2016
A lot of turnover and change as the Sovereign was acquired by Santander. Hard to say much about it as every 60 days management changed. Was a great company prior to the takeover.
Great atmosphere
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTAugust 24, 2016
Throughout the day I interacted with many customers and tried my best to make their banking a delight. I helped them by cashing their checks and at times introduced them to some products that the bank offered.
Pros
Learned much about the banking business.
Cons
Low pay for someone that handles an abundance of money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sovereign Bank. Our community is ready to answer.