Sovereign Bank

Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews

very busy branch, but still and awesome place to work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: paid holidays, pto and great benefits
Cons: pressure of sales goals
Even though we were very busy, we were still able to hit all of our goals and then some. We ended up being one of the top proformers of our footprint. It always helps when your team members work together and have healthy relationships. That, I believe is what lead us to our success.
My first taste of a professional work place
Personal Banking Rep. (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: excellent experience, the knowledge attained.
Cons: management
This job made me fall in love with banking and the financial industry. The work itself was incredibly self fulfilling. I enjoyed solving issues for customers, especially repeat customers.
Financial Insitution Position
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: customer service, working under pressure
Cons: no advancement opportunities, short hours
This company went through a lot of changes when I was leaving. My workplace went through a few managers and many co workers. It was a busy place when I started then it quickly died down in business to the point where there hardly was any work. That's when they started cutting hours. I would say that would be the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working under pressure, multi tasking, always keeping myself busy, meeting and exceeding expectations, working with all different types of clientele and taking care of their needs.
Poor work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: working with the publc
Cons: short breaks, poor management selling tactics, and disorganized
Upper management was poor. The manager favored other associates and claimed account referrals that she didn't earn. The manager was later fired for not being honest in paperwork and actions that she took to complete her work.
Management would tell employees to lie to sell products. It was a very dishonest location.
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: city environment
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would consist of servicing clients with information that will increase their knowledge of banking products. The best part of the job was dealing with the customers and making them feel taken care of. The most difficult part of this job was just trying to keep up with the fast pace at some times.
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: okay
Cons: okay
I worked as a bank teller. Established customer relationship by providing outstanding customer service.
Industry Standard
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Union, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: aggressive sales
Great clients in a wonderful community. A typical work day consists of providing great service and acknowledging sales opportunities.
Unsupportive management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lansdale, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Zero mentoring. I sat in an office all day and had little to no interaction with management. only ever dealt with customers. promotion came long after I had lost interest in the job and had begun looking elswhere.
Excellent
Indirect Lender Retail Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTDecember 26, 2014
5 Star Employer. Bank merger with Bank Santander left me with job search that brought me back to my cooking roots.
Another banking job
Licensed Personal Banker III (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 22, 2014
Just like at every other bank. Always have Sales goals and quotas.
Great energy and advancement potential
Executive Management (Former Employee), Reading, PaDecember 18, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: bad section of town
I loved my job working for Sovereign Bank, however the moved my office when I was out on maternity leave to a bad section of town. Unfortunately, that along with the low pay rate, I did not return. My job consisted of responding to all customer complaints within a 3 day turn around on behalf of the CEO. Educating customers on the policies and procedure of the bank as well as assisting them with balancing a checkbook.
sOVEREIGN bANK
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee), Framingham, MADecember 17, 2014
I enjoyed the ppl I worked with. My boss was easy to get along with. He was always willing to lend a hand when needed. The company was great to work for. My day was filled with new loans and resubmitted loans for review
Excellent place to work
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee), Vernon, CTDecember 14, 2014
Over a 3 year period, I worked for two different branches. With the mall location being the most fun. At both, my coworkers and customers were the highlight of my day. The locations made sales and service the easiest jobs to perform.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Bedford, MADecember 11, 2014
Pros: comfortable call center
Cons: working nights
Worked with customers going over balances, password and pin resets for online banking and phone banking. Worked on the Language line assisting Spanish customers. Management and co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was when I had to work nights. Most enjoyable is the people that I met along the way.
Banking hours are great
Teller (Former Employee), South Amboy, NJNovember 19, 2014
Learned a lot working here. Co-workers were great. Just unsafe place to work
Not interested in reporting
Senior Financial Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Watertown, MANovember 14, 2014
Wonderful group of co workers who I shared many laughs with during my time employed.
Strong bank
SALES MANAGER / BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
hard to get promoted
employees not looking for friends
very demanding
My experience at Sovereign was something I would love to try to duplicate with my next job experience.
CSR Supervisor (Former Employee), Holmdel, NJNovember 12, 2014
Pros: 401k options. great health and dental benefits. verizon discounts. life insurance packages.
Cons: some scheduling conflicts once in a while.
I had a wonderful experience at Sovereign. I had lovely co-workers and we all worked well together to get the job done.
I learned a lot here, and was offered advancement very early, where I got the chance to learn how the bank functioned day to day, in all areas.
I worked with my BOM to do incoming vault deposit and all vault to teller, or customer transactions.
I worked closely with heads of other departments to help identify cross sale opportunities and make sure customers got the best accounts for their specific needs.
While with this company we received a on time bonus in December of 2006 for having the highest sales in our region.
Productive and enjoyable work enviroment
Consumer Lending Credit Specialist (Current Employee), East Providence, RINovember 7, 2014
Pros: bonuses, flexibility, benefits
Cons: wages
On a daily basis my department is responsible to process as many consumer loan applications as possible with accuracy. I've learned the ins and outs of home equity lines of credit as well as office work. Working with my team is a pleasant experience because we are able to be productive while getting along as well. The hardest part of the job is the problem solving part; my team is the last to process the loan application so we have to be very detail oriented to not miss any mistakes that may be present. Being able to share laughs with colleagues is quite amusing to me therefore making me enjoy my hours in the office.
Head Teller
Head Teller (Former Employee), Long Branch, NJNovember 6, 2014
Enjoyed working there. no hard job, great company . no hard job

About Sovereign Bank

Santander Holdings USA is the parent company of Sovereign Bank, which reigns in the Northeast with more than 700 branch locations. – Read more

Sovereign Bank Salaries