Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Very exciting job with close co-workers
Leadership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 18, 2015
Worked from home office with a team of three others and a supervisor. Very independent serving a specific client base of three executive vice presidents and their direct reports. Required traveling throughout eastern Pa. and all of New Jersey.
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
on call 24-7
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Schuylkill Haven, PASeptember 21, 2015
Great place to work, nice building, and nice location. As an employee you get great benefits like paid vacation and paid holidays.
Offers good banking products as well.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
short lunches
Banking
Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 23, 2015
Good Management staffing. work with employee was helpful and listen and understand. Help problem and very nice place to work
Nice friendly environment to work in.
Deposit Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 11, 2015
Never actually worked for Sovereign Bank. My position was abolished. Waypoint was a very family oriented company. They made sure your family needs always came first.
Sovereign Bank
Licensed Bank Employee (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJSeptember 21, 2015
Although I did not enjoy working at Sovereign Bank, I did learn and gain enough experience to begin my career at JPMorgan Chase.
Enjoyed working at Sovereign Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Newark NJMay 27, 2015
This was my first banking employment and I enjoyed working there. It would have been a pleasure continue working within the company however my school schedule conflicted with one of those working days.
Pros
great company
Cons
strict hours not flexible for students
Excellent banking learning experience
Secondary Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 1, 2015
Maintained and distributed daily private investor, jumbo and government loan pricing. Hedged and processed daily private investor, jumbo, and government loan trades. Managed loan trade inquiries. Processed Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac daily cash trades. Assisted loan officers with program pricing, exceptions, and extensions. Processed and uploaded Retail and Wholesale mortgage rates. Assisted with monthly gains memo reporting. Assisted in the settlement of securities including notice to investors and appropriate general ledge entries. Managed daily lock/exception, government products, and private investor reports.
Pros
Excellent advancemnet opportunities and tuition reimbursements
Cons
Not as flexible as I would've prefered
Lots of travel
Junior Teller (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 19, 2015
I was a floating teller so I was able to visit many different cities and towns in the South Coast as well as in Rhode Island.
Pros
Travel
Cons
High employee turnover, little training
Great community
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYApril 14, 2015
I started my banking career with Sovereign Bank formerly known as "Independence Community Bank" I spent several years growing with them. I had some amazing teachers/mentors who guided me through the ropes of the company. The best part of my day was interacting with my customers and fellow employees and coworkers.
terrible
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 27, 2015
terrrrrible company to work for. Do not care about employees, benefits or helping. they make you work overtime, without extra days off etc.
A excellent place to work; Very friendly.A good company to learn
Servicio al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Excellent place to work where i Learned true the years a lot from coworker and supervisor. friendly,safe,comfortable there is nothing bad the i can said about my many years working at Sovereign Bank. i did a i do enjoyed that care peoples financial problem and find solution to there needs. love it!!!!
Pros
to many good things!! i won't have space to say every pros for this company here.
Financial Insitution Position
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2015
This company went through a lot of changes when I was leaving. My workplace went through a few managers and many co workers. It was a busy place when I started then it quickly died down in business to the point where there hardly was any work. That's when they started cutting hours. I would say that would be the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working under pressure, multi tasking, always keeping myself busy, meeting and exceeding expectations, working with all different types of clientele and taking care of their needs.
Pros
customer service, working under pressure
Cons
no advancement opportunities, short hours
Excellent Employer
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
A very "Family First" company. Wonderful place to work for. Great leadership and great environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. I couldn't recommend this place any higher!
Poor work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 2, 2015
Upper management was poor. The manager favored other associates and claimed account referrals that she didn't earn. The manager was later fired for not being honest in paperwork and actions that she took to complete her work.
Management would tell employees to lie to sell products. It was a very dishonest location.
Pros
working with the publc
Cons
short breaks, poor management selling tactics, and disorganized
very busy branch, but still and awesome place to work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Even though we were very busy, we were still able to hit all of our goals and then some. We ended up being one of the top proformers of our footprint. It always helps when your team members work together and have healthy relationships. That, I believe is what lead us to our success.
Pros
paid holidays, pto and great benefits
Cons
pressure of sales goals
Great place if you like sales
sales (Current Employee) –  parksburg, PAMarch 3, 2015
A typical Day at work, very busy. I've learned you definitely need team work to get stuff done. The coworkers are great. Hardest part of the job, is trying to hurry and wait on customers when the systems are slow. the most enjoyable part of the job, is the customers they are usually understanding
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of servicing clients with information that will increase their knowledge of banking products. The best part of the job was dealing with the customers and making them feel taken care of. The most difficult part of this job was just trying to keep up with the fast pace at some times.
Pros
city environment
Cons
n/a
Great energy and advancement potential
Executive Management (Former Employee) –  Reading, PaDecember 18, 2014
I loved my job working for Sovereign Bank, however the moved my office when I was out on maternity leave to a bad section of town. Unfortunately, that along with the low pay rate, I did not return. My job consisted of responding to all customer complaints within a 3 day turn around on behalf of the CEO. Educating customers on the policies and procedure of the bank as well as assisting them with balancing a checkbook.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
bad section of town
Professional,fun workplace and a great BranchManager
Teller/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 16, 2015
The teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 11, 2014
Worked with customers going over balances, password and pin resets for online banking and phone banking. Worked on the Language line assisting Spanish customers. Management and co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was when I had to work nights. Most enjoyable is the people that I met along the way.
Pros
comfortable call center
Cons
working nights