Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews

Fun and large fully stocked break rooms with various vending machine.
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Hook, NYAugust 10, 2016
The management team is phenomenal. Well verse,knowledge in wide range of the financial scope of the stock market of sovereign holdings. Know how to lead out their employees so that they can lead those under them in an efficient manner. Wonderful promotional products offer to clients that they are able to get the most out of their banking experience.
Pros
10 grace time to reach work before being logged late.
Cons
The location of the bank was kinda on adead end area!
Working with "professionals" was a pleasure.
Data Entry Operator, Central Records (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAAugust 8, 2016
As a full-time temp records clerk, I was thrilled to be able to use my office skills, i.e. attention to detail and typing.
Pros
Efficiency, personnel and environment
Cons
None at all.
Fun well organized organizafion
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJuly 21, 2016
Customer service was main priority
Team work was on point
Meeting department goals was exciting
Management was flexible and helpful
International Bank
Operations Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 16, 2016
Typical day is very busy, constantly multi tasking. Became a quicker learner, many people even with many more years of experience would reach out to me for work and answers. Management is not at all as professional or fair as it should be for such a company. The most difficult part is dealing with this type of management. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning all the different types of programs and systems.
Pros
events, outside as well as during a typical work day
Cons
different types of management, not all the same type of rules for every department or indivual
very busy
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Winchester, MAMay 20, 2016
A lot of transactions. busy place. great managers. no benefits. no room for growth. very straight forward. great customer. hardest part of the job is the promoting products. co workers were great friendly, educated and awesome team players.
Pros
Coworkers are very friendly
Cons
Benefits were no great
Assistant Customer Service Supervisor (acting) (Former Employee) –  CTMay 16, 2016
An accomplished customer service star with a proven track record of reducing errors in financial transactions through accurate & efficient data entry. Experienced in supervising and motivating team members as well as office management and regulatory compliance. Seeking to make a transition to the insurance industry as relocation to the Dallas area creates an opportunity to help an organization more efficiently process transactions, keep their office running smoothly, or supervise a team in achieving corporate goals. A proven low maintenance learner focused on delivering results, fostering teamwork and inspiring confidence at all levels.
Good place to start a banking career
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 23, 2016
This bank was a great place to start in banking. They have plenty of money to put their employees through an amazing training program and educate them on all products and procedures.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Very sales oriented
Sales, Sales, Sales!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 18, 2016
My role here was the first in my career and it helped me identify my skill; I was great at customer service and after understanding products I learned I was also great at sales. I learned work ethic, responsibility and accountability. My manager was tough, very goal driven and rough around the edges that drove numbers like nothing I had ever seen before! I struggled with his management technique however I can now appreciate and completely understand his approach.
was good
Compensation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 15, 2016
marketpricing, peoplesoft

learned incentive awards

management was good

coworkers were good

hardest part was growing

most enjoyable were co workers
Great pay and benefits, steady hours
Teller (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. The work was steady, and there is a lot of room for advancement. Great pay and benefits, many locations to work extra hours
Loved it!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work! This is a place I actually miss, lots of room to advance. The atmosphere was very professional and a steady stream of customers kept things interesting.
Quality learning experience
Senior Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJanuary 19, 2016
Enjoyed working here. Because there was not a branch manager there for much of my employment I was able to take on greater responsibilities than my position would normally have afforded. Plenty of opportunities to grow interpersonal skills and hone sales skills.
Better place to work since the Santander merger.
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
Work there only a short period of time when the bank was brought my Sovereign Bank, the bank was in transition at the time I left the bank.
Pros
Larger Bank
Cons
Not very ethical
Senior Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  .December 2, 2015
An international bank servicing sevaral countries under the Santader umbrella today. Headquartered in Madrid Spain with corporate office in United States Boston.
General view about Sovereign Bank
Customer Service Representative Level II (Current Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 30, 2015
It was wonderful working with my co-workers and learning new things, but some managers were discriminating on some employees including myself.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Discrimination
Production based work enviroment
Assistant Vice-President/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 17, 2015
Focus strictly about the numbers. Overabundance of red tape and politics. Local management little to no concern for staff
Fun
Switch Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RINovember 2, 2015
This job department was laid off. This department assist in Customers switching banks and us setting up everything for them without them going to the bank
Banking
Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 23, 2015
Good Management staffing. work with employee was helpful and listen and understand. Help problem and very nice place to work
Excellent bank to work for. Great co-workers, fun enviroment, and fantastic customers.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAOctober 15, 2015
Sovereign Bank in Westwood was a pleasure to work for. Fun bank to work for. Everyone was professional, no gossip, just a wonderful group of hard working employees.
Pros
Co-workers and management always appreciative of your work.
Cons
Absolutely 0 cons working at the Sovereign Bank.
I was a Branch Manager of Soverign/Santander Bank for many years
Branch Manager/Vice President (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 10, 2015
As a Manager for the bank I enjoyed the sales and service culture. I excelled in any goals assigned and found ways to coach the staff to sell bank products. I was sent to different branches when they were in need of change either in customer service or sales. In one branch I increased there sales from the bottom 5% to the top 10%.
Pros
I was left to run my branches to the best of my ability.
Cons
Towards the end of my employment there was a great deal of micro managing.