Sovereign Bank

Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews

teller job
Teller (Former Employee), Long Branch, NJDecember 21, 2013
cashed checks, made withdrawals and deposits, did ATM work, sales to customers, answered phones, worked on computer, money orders and cashier checks
Global bank with a small US focus
Branch Manager II (Current Employee), Lafayette Hill, PADecember 2, 2013
Pros: soical interaction with employees and customers.
Cons: achievements are not recognized, and resources are limited
the company is attempting to merge with Santander Bank,
We are currently experiencing a freeze of advancement for employees, and the overall idea is to continue business as usual.
The company admits to being understaffed, and having a second tier operating system (computers, network).
We all worked together very well as a team
Branch Manager / Vice President (Former Employee), Scotch Plains, NJNovember 27, 2013
Pros: i am a people person, management was professional and got along very well with everybody
Cons: healthcare
Typical day:
5 minutes daily jump start
Employee coacing, Every Monday we had a sell meeting with all the employess and went over were we were stating towars reaching the goals and how much we need to make and surplus the quartelly branch goal.
Contact business customersto to set up appointments to stop by their during during the week for accout review and perhaps sell additional products that would benefit them better.Lobby Ledership, we took turns between the personal bankers,had at the end of the day review with each platform person to go over what they acomplished for the day and how many apointments they had for the next day and what was their plan as well for the next day. I was asked to be introduced all business customers that went to make deposits at the teller line or if they
were sitting with one of my platform person. I would like to sit with them to go ove their potfolio and if theydid not had time I would schedule an appointment to go to their busines.We also had abot 1 or 2 conference calls a day to report how as the day going and then a the end ofthe day.

The most enjoable part of my job: I loved people, I am a people person, it was so rewarding when they trusted me and I could it help them. I treated my job like was my own business!!! Wanted to suceed!!

My co-workers:
We all work together and got along well, we were almost like a family that we all wanted to help and we all wanted to suceed and achieve the branch goals %100 ++

The hardest part of my job.....acually nothing important....maybe the widgets (the little $10 checking accounts - we had to have 3 aday) where I coul it be doing something more lucrative

What I learned:
Every company is different, I enjoyed workingthere for10 years with Sovereign, but then I decided to pursue my childhood dream of going to medical school......and now I can see that it isn't for me and I do mis bancking!! and my customes!!
Customer Service and Banking
Head Teller (Former Employee), Lawrence, MANovember 21, 2013
Prepared the bank for opening and closing
Served customers in deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, and any other daily transactions
On duty with access to the vault; responsible for the cash flow of the tellers
Cross-sell bank services and products; supervised the bank flow and customer service experience
Successfully achieved quarterly goals along with providing exceptional customer service
Balanced drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks
Performed routine audits of vault along with teller’s drawer
Day to Day Job Responsibilities:
Branch Manager III (Current Employee), North Waltham, MANovember 19, 2013
Responsible for the overall management of a branch, proactively guide the sales activities of the assistant manager and platform staff towards achievement of their personal sales objectives, as well as established branch goals. Through tested techniques, engage in sales and service coaching sessions with sales staff also conduct
business development activities to include personal visits and outbound calling as components of overall responsibility for building commercial relationships. Promote the Sovereign/Santander Bank Bank through community involvement via memberships in local organizations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, etc.), participation in city/town events, engaging local business networks. Responsible for managing daily branch operations and compliance issues, overdraft management, vault management, branch schedules, the
opening and closing of the office, and other such duties; manages customer service levels within the branch, adhering to established guidelines, consistently apply Human Resource policy for routine aspects of management, and as performance issues arise.
Also prepare and deliver performance appraisals for subordinates.
Good solid company, good benefits
Teller II/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oreland, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: good solid company
I liked working for Sovereign. There was a lot less pressure to sell products than TD Bank. I'm sorry I had to quit to help my parents retire.
Great environment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Havertown, PANovember 11, 2013
Typical work day included counting money for customers. Assisting customers with different problems on their account and advising them of the bank's offers or promotions. The hardest part of the job is being short staffed on a Friday. The most enjoyable part of this job are the amazing customers and relationships built with them.
Great Company
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NJNovember 8, 2013
Great business to work for with great benefits. I learned more skills and how to work with people.
full of knowledge
Loan Closer (Former Employee), Rosemont, PANovember 8, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable people
Cons: small office
worked late nights. I didn't mind. We all left together and that made it safe. The manager stayed with us. We made the long hours fun while still being professional. I've learned so much from this manager and by her taking the time to train me in the mortgage business I have became experienced in many department. I have 15 years in the business with only 2 places of employment. When I am with a company I become dedicated and give it my all. not jump around from place to place. 2 jobs in 15 years.... a lot of people have 3 to 4 jobs within the time period.
Very productive and friendly workplace
Business Bank/Head Teller (Former Employee), Cranston, RINovember 6, 2013
Pros: dental conventions
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work for me was booking appointments, confirming appts., billing, keeping charts in order. Sanitizing rooms and instruments for the next patient.
I learned how to assist the dentist and hygienist with their daily routines, and the front desk management.
All the co--workers were very informative, and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was seeing people cry when they were in the dental chair.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients leave with a nice and happy smile excited to return for their next visit.
Great Loss Prevention Experience
Senior Fraud Investigator (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 28, 2013
Great experience working for a company that had just started in the area.
private means just that
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Oreland, PAOctober 21, 2013
Cons: they are very nosey
When someone goes out for sick leave you have no right to ask them about it when they come back. If they tell you they don't want to talk about it then drop it, it's none of your business.
Very product place to work for
Floating Facilitator I (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 19, 2013
This was my ideal job I was able to advance to a Learning and Development trainer. Which gave me an opportunity to use my degree.
avoid horrid
personal banker (Former Employee), njOctober 17, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: back stabbing fired and cleaned up long termed staff instability
been in changing mode since 2009
still not smooth function
management competes and steals leads
the goals create hostile work environment

after I quit I met a customer who complained a worker called her from her home with a sovereign lap top with all her personal and financial information in from of her

the pay is good but the stability is not
replaceable
Fun place to work
Teller & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington NJOctober 15, 2013
Busy and fun. learned how to audit certain bank reports. How to help in training of new hires. coworkers were great
Look Elsewhere
Financial Specialist (Former Employee), NEOctober 14, 2013
Pluses:

Competive salary and great benefits
Nice co-workers

Minuses:

Unattainable goals to hit bonuses
Constant threat of dismissal within 6 months of hie
Do not get adequate tools to resolve client problems
Plan on working 6 days a week at least 3 weeks per month
Good working environment
Construction Mortgage Loan Representative (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAOctober 14, 2013
Sovereign was a great group of people to work with. Everyone worked together to solve problems and most co-workers were very happy and optimistic people.
Trained Employees on selling personal internet banking
Personal Banking Rep / Bill Pay Ambassador (Former Employee), Easton, PAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: travel and meeting all employees
Cons: employee moral
Helped employees selling tactics at the time of account openings or routine maintenance. The system was very new and there were many functionalities that needed to be ironed out.
great plac to work
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Wyncote, PAOctober 8, 2013
Working at sovereign was a great expedience, i met with a lot of different people daily.
Accounting & Finance Analyst III (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAOctober 1, 2013
Great boss, good benefits, fair compensation.

Learned a lot about financial analysis.

Great work environment with knowledgeable people.

About Sovereign Bank

Santander Holdings USA is the parent company of Sovereign Bank, which reigns in the Northeast with more than 700 branch locations. – Read more

Sovereign Bank Salaries