Sovereign Bank Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Marple, PAMarch 16, 2015
Great work place. advancement is most likely. Great customer base. Convenient locations. Great hours and the company is all about helping its customer while not disrespecting its employees.
Great Place
SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE, ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2015
good learning atmosphere, great location, diverse, every day was different, team building skills, multitasking, great bonuses, active and fun
Fast paced bank environment
ATM management (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 11, 2015
cash handling, customer service, selling products, meeting daily and weekly sales goals, client relationships, money ordering from money carrier
Pros
Happy work environment
Cons
30 minute break
Great place if you like sales
sales (Current Employee) –  parksburg, PAMarch 3, 2015
A typical Day at work, very busy. I've learned you definitely need team work to get stuff done. The coworkers are great. Hardest part of the job, is trying to hurry and wait on customers when the systems are slow. the most enjoyable part of the job, is the customers they are usually understanding
A excellent place to work; Very friendly.A good company to learn
Servicio al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Excellent place to work where i Learned true the years a lot from coworker and supervisor. friendly,safe,comfortable there is nothing bad the i can said about my many years working at Sovereign Bank. i did a i do enjoyed that care peoples financial problem and find solution to there needs. love it!!!!
Pros
To many good things!! i won't have space to say every pros for this company here.
Cons
Professional,fun workplace and a great BranchManager
Teller/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 16, 2015
The teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
very busy branch, but still and awesome place to work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Even though we were very busy, we were still able to hit all of our goals and then some. We ended up being one of the top proformers of our footprint. It always helps when your team members work together and have healthy relationships. That, I believe is what lead us to our success.
Pros
Paid Holidays, PTO and great benefits
Cons
pressure of sales goals
My first taste of a professional work place
Personal Banking Rep. (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 4, 2015
This job made me fall in love with banking and the financial industry. The work itself was incredibly self fulfilling. I enjoyed solving issues for customers, especially repeat customers.
Pros
Excellent experience, the knowledge attained.
Financial Insitution Position
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2015
This company went through a lot of changes when I was leaving. My workplace went through a few managers and many co workers. It was a busy place when I started then it quickly died down in business to the point where there hardly was any work. That's when they started cutting hours. I would say that would be the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working under pressure, multi tasking, always keeping myself busy, meeting and exceeding expectations, working with all different types of clientele and taking care of their needs.
Pros
customer service, working under pressure
Cons
no advancement opportunities, short hours
Poor work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 2, 2015
Upper management was poor. The manager favored other associates and claimed account referrals that she didn't earn. The manager was later fired for not being honest in paperwork and actions that she took to complete her work.
Management would tell employees to lie to sell products. It was a very dishonest location.
Pros
Working with the publc
Cons
Short breaks, poor management selling tactics, and disorganized
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of servicing clients with information that will increase their knowledge of banking products. The best part of the job was dealing with the customers and making them feel taken care of. The most difficult part of this job was just trying to keep up with the fast pace at some times.
Pros
CIty environment
Cons
N/a
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
I worked as a bank teller. Established customer relationship by providing outstanding customer service.
Pros
Okay
Cons
Okay
Unsupportive management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Zero mentoring. I sat in an office all day and had little to no interaction with management. only ever dealt with customers. promotion came long after I had lost interest in the job and had begun looking elswhere.
Excellent
Indirect Lender Retail Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 26, 2014
5 Star Employer. Bank merger with Bank Santander left me with job search that brought me back to my cooking roots.
Another banking job
Licensed Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 22, 2014
Just like at every other bank. Always have Sales goals and quotas.
Great energy and advancement potential
Executive Management (Former Employee) –  Reading, PaDecember 18, 2014
I loved my job working for Sovereign Bank, however the moved my office when I was out on maternity leave to a bad section of town. Unfortunately, that along with the low pay rate, I did not return. My job consisted of responding to all customer complaints within a 3 day turn around on behalf of the CEO. Educating customers on the policies and procedure of the bank as well as assisting them with balancing a checkbook.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Bad section of town
Excellent place to work
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTDecember 14, 2014
Over a 3 year period, I worked for two different branches. With the mall location being the most fun. At both, my coworkers and customers were the highlight of my day. The locations made sales and service the easiest jobs to perform.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 11, 2014
Worked with customers going over balances, password and pin resets for online banking and phone banking. Worked on the Language line assisting Spanish customers. Management and co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was when I had to work nights. Most enjoyable is the people that I met along the way.
Pros
Comfortable call center
Cons
Working nights
Banking hours are great
Teller (Former Employee) –  South Amboy, NJNovember 19, 2014
Learned a lot working here. Co-workers were great. Just unsafe place to work
Not interested in reporting
Senior Financial Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 14, 2014
Wonderful group of co workers who I shared many laughs with during my time employed.