Sovereign Health Group Employee Reviews

no review
Treatment Consultant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Its a good place to work if you want to work hard and make money. Hours are demanding like any treatment center. Nationwide treatment facilities make it easy to place people.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day would be seeing over 20+ patients , always on you're feet. There was always something that needed to be done. The management was good , when ever there was a problem or you needed help someone was always around to help.
Cons
Short breaks
The direct care staff is amazing. Unfortunately they are directed by the worst corporation ever.
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Exactly what the summary says. The business side of this company is scary. The employees on the front line are amazing. The CEO has no concern for anyone but himself. And he has all power positions filled by members of his family.
The Nurses and other Managers at the Centers were awesome
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJanuary 4, 2018
That's probably it, oh and a few House Managers. I will miss working for a few select people that I've engaged in within the last year working there, always a sight to see when I'd arrive, like I was being welcomed, until you get to the lab and pharmacy, too toxic, too hostile, too drama-intense. But the Driver's I'd work with, always a blast, after all, I trained them.
Pros
Company Fleet, Gas Paid, Good hours
Cons
Hours shift into night, requires a night owl or an insomniac
Company Struggles at Best
Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Started working for this company and immediately realized that it had upper management issues and was poorly run (poor overall organization and technology). Soon after, they decided to close their doors for good at a few locations. Not a place where I would want to hang my hat for good.
Pros
Great staff locally
Cons
Poor management globally
Not worth the effort
House Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 3, 2018
Your better off flipping burgers, the stress isn't worth it. Never being appreciated for doing what you need to do, much less when you go above and beyond of what is expected of you.

Company deserves less then 0 stars.
Pros
Cons
To many to count
Nice manager
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJanuary 2, 2018
They promise good leads with good pay when you get one problem is they are bad leads. They advertise as a hot line and they get crisiscalls and no admits
Pros
Cons
Promises of good mcalls
disorganized company
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 27, 2017
I was not very happy the way management and corporate handle things. No raises, no perks for employees. Don't recommend this company. No room for growth.
Pros
laid back culture
Cons
cheap healthcare
calls
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CADecember 26, 2017
Its a good company but pay is way to low and promised good calls and that is not true . Your calls are mostly hotline calls and medical that can not be helped.
Pros
relax enviroment
Cons
good calls for admissions
Negative place to work
Duel diagnosis (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 20, 2017
No support, for patient and staff. To much medication dispenses to patient. Mental patient should not be mix with patient in drug treatment program. Very little attention place to patients needs.
Pros
Interacting with patients
Cons
No support
Worst company I have ever worked for
Business Development (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 12, 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for or ever encountered. Beyond terrible management. Management was useless, never provided help or guidance, and never replied to emails or answers to questions. Terrible compensation for travel. Employees suffered from corrupt upper management.
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
By far the best company I have worked for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 21, 2017
I have enjoyed teamwork where ever I have worked so far . I have

enjoyed working to help the organization grow. A typical day here is

full of activity as soon as I enter the office. The learning and new

ideas keep the environment fast paced and urge to learn.The

management is supportive.
Pros
skilled management, good pay, Nice office decor, good working environment
Sovereign health
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 17, 2017
Sovereign health is a big company to work for it provides a safe place for patients to recover from drug addiction. They offer medical dental and vision insurance.
Lower-level staff do their best, but the upper management is inept and corrupt.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 16, 2017
I can't begin to list the things this place did that were legally questionable if not entirely unethical. There is no organization, no real management, and the pay is laughably low for the area. While I was there they couldn't get nurses to stay because the pay was so low, and the turnover was insane. House managers were overworked, overstressed, and paid next to nothing to do the job of actual trained clinical staff. If you were friends with the management, nothing you did would get you fired. There was a single woman on staff who was verbally abusive and lazy to the point of uselessness, but since she was close friends with the upper management she kept her job and took far more vacation than we were actually given.

Clinical staff had it even worse. I've personally seen emails to already overburdened staff for whom it would be physically impossible to do the amount of documentation and class/group session prep within a normal workweek, advising those staff that they would be told to correct their timesheets if any overtime was reflected. Management played favorites to an insane degree, and if you were not a favorite, then you were persecuted.

My entire chain of command quit in the space of a month. I took that as a sign to get out, and immediately after quitting my stress levels dropped. I would have panic attacks and breakdowns at the thought of going to work and knowing the questionable insurance practices (they would buy policies and pay copays for clients until the insurance policies ran out of substance abuse/mental health benefits, and then boot the client out,
  more... regardless of their clinical readiness). Clients attempted and committed suicide in the houses and there was no support for staff-- not even the staff who found the clients.

Don't work here. You do real good in an immediate sense for clients, but the system you have to work within is corrupt and unethical and in the long-term existed only to exploit people in need, both staff and patient.
Pros
you do real good for clients in the short term
Cons
everything else.
Do your own reserch
Call Center Director (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 6, 2017
FBI raided this place look it up and read all about it. The CEO is not a good person. The place is a stress pool the pay is more than fair but the environment is bad.
The best treatment center in US with utmost patient care
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 6, 2017
They give great opportunity for future growth. Patient care is good

and have cooperative staff at the centers. The ideas that you put

across are valued and if found worthy they would implement it.

The vision of the company is well aligned with the decisions taken

by the management.
Pros
Work/life balance is perfect, Neat and clean facility, trained doctors and clinicians
Cons
office is quite far from my home
Poor work environment
N/A (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 4, 2017
I learned a lot of what not to do's. This company is very dysfunctional, there is no structure what so ever. There are no consequences for clients. A lot of drug problems through out the houses. Patient are shuffled around from house to house. There is absolutely no communication from upper management.
Work with dedication and you will get the reward
Sr ETL BI Tester (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 3, 2017
I have enhanced my professional skill set by being a part of this

company. The level of treatment of Sovereign is unmatched. They

take care of their employees well.The management is well structured.

I have learnt how to work under pressure and to have clear vision.
Pros
amazing culture, provide training for every new process, learning is fun
Cons
24/7 facility, reporting becomes complex
I was an intern at the time
Internship (Former Employee) –  Glen Rock, NJNovember 3, 2017
Although I was there as an intern, the team that guided me was fascinating. I enjoyed the time I spent there. I would gladly, with a smile recommend someone to work at this location.
Its great if you are into recovery
Medical Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 14, 2017
It was a stepping stone job for me, management unorganized. I would go back if I really needed a job just because I liked working with people in recovery
Pros
Not a lot of supervision
Cons
stressfil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sovereign Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9