SOVEREIGN HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Every man for himself
Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
Upper management professes transparency but is manipulative.
It is commonplace for anyone from staff to management to point fingers and call out mistakes - whether real or imagined.
Not organized and not a good culture.
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
Management did not support the mission of the company. Did not receive the necessary support needed to complete the job. No job description was done for the position that I was in.
Horrible management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLApril 24, 2017
This facility has by far the worst management ever. People are rude and nasty. Nurses leave residents and ignore their call lights when needed. I would not recommend.
Growing Company with Great Opportunities!
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
I've never felt "at home" in a job until I started working with Sovereign.

Coming into work is never a drag because the environment is fun and very team oriented. It doesn't matter what department you're in, you will know everyone even though it's a bigger office.

Not only is management understanding when it comes to work/life balance, they are constantly looking for ways to help you grow! If you consistently work hard, management will identify your strengths and place you in a position where you will feel challenged and as though you're apart of something bigger.
Pros
Excellent environment and management.
Cons
Phoenix traffic is horrendous.
Productive, Fun and Great Learning Environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2017
Great place to grow and learn. Management is understanding and keeps you well balanced with work/life. Office is a little quit but everyone seems to enjoy being around each other. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Monthly staff lunches, great 401k and PTO.
caring and well organized workplace with fun activities for residents
Medical Records coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 16, 2014
Productive and caring workplace. I learned more about character and concern working with different residents and caring co-workers. Management is active with workers and residents giving them an incentive to do more each day to better their work environment.
Pros
incentive activites, employess of the month/luncheons and activities daily
Cons
monthly luncheons/daily incentive tokens to encourage good customer service
An example of geriatric customer service excellence
LPN (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLJuly 25, 2012
My day would begin at night with report from the 3-11 nurse. I would walk my floor and check on my patients; report to the cna staff any concerns; organize my tasks for the night; give midnight meds;provide treatments; write up lab requisitions/collect specimens; quality control checks; document; 6am meds; skin checks, report to 7-3 nurse; home

I learned that regardless of how organized and on task that you may think you are that when something can go wrong, it usually does.

Management is consistent. While I was employed there, the DON had been there for 9+ years and that says a lot.

My coworkers and I were very supportive of each other, often helping out in different situations. We did not argue or try to outdo the other.

The hardest part of the job was explaining to a rehab patient that had just been admitted to the facility from a hospital that although we understood that they were in pain, their medication had not come from the pharmacy yet.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting close to the residents and having a personal relationship with them.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
low census means staff will be cut