TITLE: Front Desk Assistant
To ensure that the daily patient schedule is full (based on referrals/company standards) by providing exceptional patient interaction. To accurately collect patient demographics and insurance information.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
1. Welcomes patients and visitors with a warm and courteous greeting both in person and on the telephone and takes the appropriate action as required, i.e. schedule appointment, take message, etc.
2. Optimizes patient’s satisfaction, therapist time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointment in person or by telephone.
3. Ensures telephones are answered in timely and courteous manner and the patient/caller needs are appropriately addressed by front office staff.
4. Keeps patients appointments on schedule by notifying therapist of patient’s arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, reminding therapist of service delays.
5. Exceeds patient’s expectation by maintaining an awareness of patient concerns, i.e. anxieties, pain behavior and ensure that patient’s needs are met.
6.Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
7.Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording and updating personal and financial information.
8. Verifies patient insurance benefits and updates company financial records accordingly, documents patient insurance (s), as accurately as possible to estimate patient’s financial responsibility.
9. To support the billing and collection process, accurately records and updates financial information, collecting and recording patient charges.
10 . Protects patient’s rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
11. Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
12. Promotes teamwork through collaboration.
13. Ensures positive customer service atmosphere and interactions in administrative areas.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
2+ years experience in a medical/therapy office environment required.
Knowledge of EMR program(s)
Knowledge of Word, Power Point and Excel
- A high attention to detail is required, as well as an ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus and understanding of who the customer is and provides exceptional customer service.