SP+ Employee Reviews in United States

Far more goes into parking in a garage than I had ever imagined.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dripping Springs, TXAugust 25, 2016
Answering twenty plus phone calls in an hour was a typical day at SPPlus. Far more goes into parking in a garage than I had ever imagined. Very well informed management kept us with all contracts. For the most part we as employees kept so occupied there was not much time for interaction among each other. The most difficult part of the job was learning all of the individual contractor needs. Once interacting everyday, what was once difficult became second nature. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relief we provided customer over an intercom who thought they were forever stuck in a garage.
Very fast pace
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 21, 2016
At the standard parking a typical day at work I collect tickets and money for customers. I dealt with large amount of money which I am responsible for if missing. I learned a lot about people and their personality and how to keep calm when there are mad and have less knowledge about it, then I continue on helping them understand. Management is pretty okay and the co-workers are very friendly , helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the day is when everyone in the garage is trying to go home at one time. The lines be extremely long even the express lanes is huge. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there's a show and I get to get information about what was going on for the customers.
Pros
leisure
Cons
short break
Demanding and face paced
Supervisor/Lead Operations Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2016
A typical day a work is working with supervisors, cashiers and maintenance staff for the proper functioning of the parking facility. I have learned how to respond effective and efficiently to my staff and customers when faced with technical issues. The management staff assists when we are faced with technical issues beyond our scope. My co-workers also respond in the same capacity.

The hardest part of the job is when the technical issues reach beyond our scope and the length of time for the issues to be resolved but what I enjoy most is we come together as a team to get the job done with no complaints.
Pros
Meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons
Not being able to help the customers all the time
Failure of upward management to utilize great employees
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2016
Lack of upward mobility for management due to inability of Regional Manager to promote and/or move managers to appropriate properties. Lost more contracts then they have gained in last three years.
Pros
Free uniforms and coats for all.
Cons
Schedule is brutal. Sometimes working 14, 15 in a row then two or three days off then 8 or 9 more straight days.
Cashier in small town
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 23, 2016
About 2 1/2 years ago I started working for standard parking in a small town airport. If you take a job with standard parking as a cashier don't think it is going to be a good paying long term opportunity. Raises are only cost of living wages, and this years was 0.16 per hour. This felt like a slap in the face to me.

If your looking for a long term job my advice would be to look somewhere else.
Excellent employeer
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Quinn Medical TowerAugust 3, 2016
Each day is always something new. Must be willing to function in all aspects of the job and be willing to lead by example. cash collections, paperwork verifications, bank deposits and constantly changing environment is all part of a normal day.
Pros
Constant education on all matters relating to the parking industry
Cons
Location stability
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 4, 2016
Rivers is a very entertaining place to work. games in the Lunch area, quiet room, where you can go and relax on your break. Its always something going on, bands, parties, machines ringing from jackpots. Lively Patrons.
Pros
1 lunches everyday that is payroll deducted (small buffet style)
Cons
The con is they work off of a point system, meaning they have no set amount of sick, personal, nor vacation days.
Not so friendly, supervisors are a mess
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 29, 2016
This place is supposed to be really professional but that's not true, overtime is given to the same employees over and over without even asking if other employees want to make overtime, you have lot checkers who are all supervisors and that's not fair, also supervisors and workers who have personal relationships like husband and wives do which is a conflict of interest because they protect each other but , they are never at work especially those guys who work in the evenings, but they are always covered by the lead supervisor who also has a relationship with one of those guys and they make it very hard to advance, any complaints will get you fired, management seems to have blinders on
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Unfair treatment, special treatment for others
I wouldn't work for them again.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers Beach, FLAugust 12, 2016
Not enough work to stay busy all day. I didn't learn anything because I had worked for this company before (it used to be called Central Parking Systems). My coworkers and immediate boss were easy to get along with. This was a very easy job with no challenges. I didn't get my first pay check for 2 months.
It was team work place.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2016
My First parking job I started SP+have learned good customer service,Mc Gann software,how work with co worker like cashier,maintenance. i enjoyable job because it was team work.
the hardest part of the job is night customer service be cause most of them came from the bar they refuse to pay and they complain and it is hard to take care. them.
Stable
Customer Service Representative /Maintenance (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 1, 2016
The pay was good, and the hours where stable. But it all depends on your location you work at really. Every location has its own set of rules, or guides. But if you find one that pays good, and the hours dont change constantly, and your offered over time, take it, that extra cash goes a long way.
great work environment/added experience a plus
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 30, 2016
sp is a great career step, management is a step above, always there to help and educate, as a first time mom they allowed me space to get to my daughter when needed, i would recommend sp+ to my friends for a career move. its not hard to advance, there is always opportunities
Good job for someone young in their career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2016
Demanding job, not for someone afraid of hard work, with little training by the company. Pay is good if you can find a way to get promoted to the highest levels of upper management.
Pros
You will learn to multi task like never before seen
Cons
Not very friendly working envioment
Decent company
Valet/Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2016
Manager was rarely there and wasn't helpful when he was there. Could only where the company jacket provided. It was really thin and did no good in the winter and on cold days. It was great getting to meet all the guests and learn how to drive different types of cars. It was also great exercise.
Friendly Atmoshere
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2016
I worked as Facilities Maintenance Technician at the Bradley Center Parking Structure. Most days there was always something to get done whether being from trash or fixing something. Everyone that worked there was great. The managers were always willing to assist if needed. Overall, I really enjoyed my job there and would work for them again.
Pros
Co workers and management
Cons
could take on more responsibility
overworked and underpaid
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2016
I heard great things from colleagues that I met at Facility Manger training but wasn't lucky enough to experience any of them. I also heard great things about the Airport Division but unfortunately I worked in the Urban Division. There is an extremely high turnover rate in the Urban Division. I was the junior manager then 4 years later I was the most senior facility manager. I probably averaged 70 hour weeks while I was there. I would recommend this to a recent college graduate to gain management experience. It also will make you value every other job that you have after you leave because of the culture there and the lack of leadership.
Pros
you learn a lot
Cons
no leadership, training, long hours and low pay
The company as a whole was fine but management was unorganized
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 10, 2016
The management was unorganized and immature. There were times when my paycheck was late and had to wait and keep asking to get paid. On the other hand , I liked the environment.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good exercise
Cons
Manangement
Fun to be around customers!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 16, 2016
I was fired after 13+ years. Because it was a busy weekend and I did not get paid so I had to take my son to the doctor to get a cast on. My boss said if I left that he would terminate me. So if you have minor children bot a good job! But most of all coworkers and customers made the day!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No lunch break, and event times hard to get a restroom break
fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2016
I was fired 3 weeks in in training for the new call center in Nashville TN. Trainers where not patient and very rude. I think the company is a great place to work but need better trainers. The hardest part about the job for me was in a cramped room with everyone so close and talking extremely to loud to understand what the customer where saying. And to many systems to use for one simply answer. What I did enjoy was the HR staff.
Pros
Cater lunches from some vendors
Cons
Rude trainers
The people you work with are great.
Valet/Parking (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part about the job is that you work alone. A typical day at work consist of punching in, drive around to different lots and ticket those who violate.
Pros
Good employees.
Cons
The pay for the amount of work you do.