SP+ Employee Reviews

easy work low pay
Parking Garage Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Only a part time for me for extra income as i needed the money for extra expenses acquired. I wouldnt recommend working here seeing as they dont let anyone have 40 work weeks.
Awesome people to work around
Command Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
A very fast paced environment from the beginning of the shift to the end.

I have learned to be patient with customers who range from mid-angry and frustrated to extremely rude and aggressive customers.

I learned what happens when a company grows faster than what their technological capabilities can handle. Their systems are totally obsolete and redundant. It is a necessity and what they need is to upgrade their server's capacity/speed and hire more people for the IT department, and get a newer and more efficient dispatch/call center system.

There are garages that hurt our ear drums and by doing this every day for over 8 hrs daily, will permanently harm us and it seems that the company's executives are not aware of this situation. They must be informed and aware of it!

Management is good although the higher ranking executives should come and see the things/issues with what we have to deal every day in order to evaluate the hourly salary. They will see that for all what we do, is a low salary. They should be paying, at least, $15.00 in order for their employees to come to work happier (I have seen a lot of frustration among them) and to have a better quality of life.

The workplace culture is diverse. I like that. Of course there is more amicable people than others, as in every place.

The hardest part of the job is to have practically non existing training when we were already sent to the floor and learn all parking systems. All what I have learned so far has been thanks to the shift management and co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job are some of
  more... my co-workers. Some of them make us laugh and as a consequence to have a more pleasant shift.  less
Pros
Over time available.
Cons
Extremely strict attendance policies.
Decent place to work with free benefits
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
There was limited chance for promotion, and the culture created in which to work was not a very positive one. However, the free benefits package made it a little more attractive.
Fast pace work enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Meet and greet clients upon them entering the facility.
Manage up to 9 employees to comply with company policy and procedures.

Customer service in a fast pace operation is key to success

Hardest part of the job is when staffing is not adequate and the volume of customers increase within minutes.

The most enjoyable part is when customers give great reviews and compliments.
Pros
I was able to make my own schedule
Cons
High premiums on a poor health plan
Great place to work, great customer contact
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Metlife StadiumSeptember 13, 2017
SP + is a great opportunity to hone my customer service skills. Working the parking areas for such large events keeps you on your toes. Keeping our guests happy is my main concern.
Pros
Customer contact, free lunches, room for advancement
Cons
Only Part Time
Easy going always busy
The Grove (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
I learned in SP+ about customer service and to be always busy at work. I really like a fast pace job where I am always busy and the time goes by fast.
Quick Paced Hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Days were filled with check-in and out guest. Provided excellent valet parking and assisted with luggage. Met many wonderful and exciting people that stay at the hotel. For the most part all guest were friendly and made my day. Management was not very visible but the co-workers worked well as a team. Staying professional while dealing with rude customer was a challenge but always done with a smile. During my employment received many merits for job well done and was compensated with certificates.
Pros
Tips every shift
Cons
working in extreme heat
Part time job
Parking Attendant/ Cashier Relief (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Sp+ is a less then minimum wage job that does not allow for career advancement or knowledge further then whst position you are placed at. I would recommend this job for a college student with parents that support them and need the extra change for gas...
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Low wage, low hours
Don't work at the DIA Location
Lane Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2017
I would not recommend my worst enemy to work here I'm not sure if they conduct business at all third locations the way they do at the DIA airport but it's just awful. If you are thinking of working here I highly recommend you don't the HR rep loves to tell you one thing before your hired and change it once your there and some of management is probably the worst around. Go somewhere else the stress is not worth it.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Management, favoritism, unequal treatment
Was a great environment to work in!
VALET (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2017
Management was very relaxed, and the hours were very flexible. Did require you to stand on your feet for the whole shift, but overall very simple job.

Want to know more about SP+?

Ask a question
n/a
Lead Valet (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 28, 2017
If you want to get in shape and have the weekends off then this job is for you. but they need to work on caring about their employees more then the budget.
Great environment and supportive leadership team.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 21, 2017
Same job description as Central Parking. I started at Standard Parking as a bookkeeper & promoted to manager within 2 years.
I learned numerous office skills and hands on people skills, I am very grateful for the excellent mentors and opportunities to stretch me and help me grow.
Pros
Opportunities to change and grow and expand my knowledge and skills.
Cons
I had to ocassionally manage special events on nights or weekends.
Good Connections while there
Maintenance, Shuttle Driver, and Car Wash (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 11, 2017
I met some great people while working here. Most of which I am still in contact with to date. They are always more than happy to help whenever I ask and helped me mature and know what to look for in some situations.
Not a good way to live .
Valet Supervisor and Valet Runner (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2017
I would only recommend this job for a teenager or a college kid . This company pays very little (6$ an hour in FL) and still manages to take the reported tips out of your check . So actually you're making 3-4$ an hour after taxes . In total , it amounts to minimum wage or a little more when tips are accounted for . There is a HUGE favoritism and nepotism problem in this company. If you're well connected , you get the best shifts . If not , you get left behind . I'm a student and I also have another job in the field that I'm studying . Because of this , management has given me the worst shifts .( Early morning shifts with little tips ). You are expected to give maximum flexibility for minimal returns . This job is only good for either a young kid or an older person collecting a Social Security check. I'm going to leave at my first opportunity .
Pros
It's an easy job that requires little mental effort .
Cons
No benefits, favoritism, bad weather, little pay, terrible corporate culture .
Benefit Issues
Parking Attendant- Welcoming (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 2, 2017
We need some benefits. This is the only thing I don't like about this job. Helping people is fine.No benefits is the problem. The job isn't hard at all. All I'm doing is supervising people and helping people park.
This is a good place to interact with people from all back grounds and master customer service skills.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2017
I learned to only focus on the work and not co-workers and management. A typical day consisted of assisting customers via phone and call boxes in the parking decks. I was also required to communicate with management and the cashiers to assess the fee for the parking.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 27, 2017
Great company to work with. Accommodates for employees. Never had any problems while working for the company. Always got a raise. Easy to learn job. Always offers additional hours.
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Representative Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2017
This career was by far my favorite and most respected place of work. I was trained in almost all fields of this job and this company helped push me into the business professional world where I learned how much I enjoy working in a corporate atmosphere.
Nice place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2017
Life is good, as long as attendance is good, and tardy are low, everything is good. Great Benefits, stable income, no room for advancement. All, and all, great company.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
better management
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
liked working there. Hours were good, pay was good, benefits were ok. Extremely easy job, good if you are in college or going to school. Loved working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SP+. Our community is ready to answer.