Space Coast Credit Union

Space Coast Credit Union Employer Reviews

Don't waste your time
MSS (Former Employee), MelbourneApril 4, 2014
Pros: some of the employees
Cons: everything else!
I was excited about being a part time teller in a fast paced environment. This company is not about member service but about the money!! I understand goals but they could care a little more about members!!
Awful place to work unless you are starving
Insurance and Escrow (Former Employee), MelbourneMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free bagles once, haha
Cons: was never really sure who my boss was.
Very low employee morale. A typical day was go through piles of work while trying to answer the phone at the same time. Absolutly no training and low pay scale. One man in my group was written up because he took his tie off in the parking lot before getting in his car to go home. Never mind if he worked hard all day for this company. He took his tie – more... off, not his pants!!!. In my brief tenure I have never encountered so many unhappy employees or so many people just leave and never return. Poor equipment, cluttered hallways. This place was just a mess! On my exit interview HR tried to turn everything I said around so it sounded like I wanted less work for more money. They tried to confuse every issue I brought up. Rather than listen, they kept trying to justify. Building was consistantly in lockdown due to unhappy employees making threats. – less
A great place to start
Member Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, incentives
Cons: healthcare
Great relationship with my co workers they are the reason I am happy to come to work everyday.Love working with my members
Call center is horrible.
Call center agent (Former Employee), Headquarters/ melbourne flJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: leaving to go home
Cons: all of it. horrible
The management in the call center is horrible. They are miserable people who want to make everyone else around them miserable. This place is a bank posing as a credit union. Worst mistake of my life taking a job there. Horrible. They take your breaks away almost daily. It's a horribly depressing and hostile atmosphere. Don't do it. Just don't .
Full time teller & platform
Member Service Special II (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 14, 2013
I have been in Customer Service for many years and enjoy assisting others. I have learned the true meaning of multi tasing. I am a team player so I prefer to work with others rather than isolated.
The hardest part of my job is consisting meeting sales goals but I have achieved 31 month continuous meeting or exceeding performance goals.
Electronic Payments Processor (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 10, 2013
I deal mostly with checks that come back to the bank. All checks that come back must be done before the end of the day. I also do ACH payments on Heloc credit cards that get processed every day. I use the computer every day and different programs. Multi-tasking with 2 computer screen all day. I also answer a multi phone system though out the day.
It – more... is a fast past environment, which I enjoy.
The people are great and make you feel very welcomed. – less
HR PEOPLE THINKS THEY OWN THE COMPANY
SUPPORT (Former Employee), VIEERANovember 3, 2013
Cons: hr are your worst enemies
VERY NASTY HR PERSONNEL. THEY THINK THEY OWN THE COMPANY, AND WILL HUMILLIATE TO THE TOP. HORRIBLE
productive & fun
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: job picnics
Cons: great benifits
very fast pace job. Great workers & management I love the job. The company is good great benefits for you and your family. You can move up in company very easy if you meeting quotas.
Goal oriented work environment
Senior Collector (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 21, 2013
Pros: medical benefits
Great co-workers and family atmosphere. Goal oriented performance appraisals on a typical mid size credit union.
GREAAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Miramar, FLAugust 9, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: no cons
POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT

ABILITY TO GROW IN THE POSITION

GREAT BENEFITS

ABILITY TO BE MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST ALLOWS ONE TO ALSO BE A LOAN OFFICER AND FLOOR MANAGER
Still in middle of transition , since the merger with Eastern Financial Credit Union
Credit Report Specialist (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJune 24, 2013
Handling disputes via email , work queue ,phone calls or mail. if escaulated issues arises this would need to be handled a.s.a.p. Anaylse and responsed to credit issues.
Expect the best for less
Loss mitigation (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 4, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: everything else
This place is a joke, you have mediocre management with terrible pay. All of this is a recipe for a terrible work enviroment. There is no training, figure it out is the way you learn here.
An accounting position filled with many challenges.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2013
Pros: office filled with seasoned professionals.
Cons: a position not meant for anyone new to accounting.
A typical day consists of fulfilling daily requirements with interruptions happening often and working in monthly responsibilities at different times of the month. Many lessons are learned such as timing projects, reconciling general ledger accounts, and basic lessons about variance. The management does their best to support you and answer all questions – more... you may have. The co-workers are seasoned professionals. The hardest part is contributing any new ideas as all the seasoned professionals have already thought of them. – less
Be docile, don't ask any questions and you will be fine.
Headquarters (Former Employee), MelbourneMay 22, 2013
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: read review....that will tell you all you need to know.
My tenure at SCCU taught me one valuable lesson about working there that I would like to pass on to perspective employees. Everything is black and white and nothing in-between. Thinking outside the box is not welcome. If you are yes-man (or woman), you will fit in well. Worst work experience I have had in my 15 year career. I wished I had listened to – more... those who warned me...maybe you will...

Good luck. – less
Great Company to work for!
Member Service Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLMay 21, 2013
Pros: great pay, training, knowledge
Cons: advancement
A very great company to work for. Lots of learning experiences in the banking field. Not many advancement opprotunities.
Busy and happy environment
QC Specialist/Collateral (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 4, 2013
Pros: happy environment
Cons: it's a bit noisy, they need real cubicles. no privacy while working.
Nice building, great people, overall good environment. Strict dress code.
Ever since merger many complaints...
Member Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 2, 2013
Ever since Eastern Financial was aquired by Space Coat Credit Union many members have complained about the changes. It is difficult to deal with many upset members on a daily basis. Space Coast has made many changes since the aquisition. They send out member surveys which they take very serious. Some of their concepts sound great but when put into action – more... it is a completely different story. I enjoy my co-workers. They are like family. – less
Worst Mortgage Department Anywhere!
Express Services (Former Employee), Melbourne FLApril 20, 2013
Pros: airconditioned work environment.
Cons: worst management of any local employer.
Management is constantly "fixing" stupid mistakes they make due to the fact that the President of the company wants everyone to do mortgages over the phone. The problem is the changes they make only make things worse. This company does not value it's employees and does not want to pay professionals to give good service to it's members. Nobody in upper – more... management has the balls to tell the president of Space Coast Credit Union that he has created a huge disaster and it destroying the credit union. People want to sit down with a loan officer face to face and they are told no, we don't offer that. Then they walk and nobody cares! Avoid working at Space Coast. It is a miserable place! I left there a year ago and it was the best decision I ever made. – less
Great Team Spirit Within Certain Departments
Loss Mitigation Department (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 26, 2013
I worked within four different departments at Space Coast Credit Union during the 5+ years I worked there. In a majority of the departments in which I worked, there was a great sense of teamwork and helpfulness. Anytime there was an assignment to be completed, everyone pulled together to make sure the assignment was completed in a timely manor. If the – more... assignment was last minute, the team would gather together, recognize each others strengths and assign pieces of the assignment accordingly in order to complete the assignment quickly, accurately and to the best of the teams ability. It was a great feeling to know your team had your back at all times. – less
Like working with family. A wonderful job with room for advancement.
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Mekbourne, FloridaFebruary 5, 2013
Handled various accounting transactions and reconciliation tasks
Provided account status data whenever required and handled phone inquiries
Informed customers about various bank products
Trained and supervised new hires

About Space Coast Credit Union

Space Coast Credit Union (SCCU) is a member-owned cooperative with nearly 65 branches in the Sunshine State. Membership is open – Read more