Space Coast Credit Union

Space Coast Credit Union Employer Reviews

Members Service Center (Former Employee), Miramar, FLOctober 22, 2014
A great experience working inside of a bank learning so much about the everyday world how to manage loans how to learn about interest rates. very enjoyable
Awful!
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: once a month they let you wear jeans
Cons: training, management, dress code, coworkers, pay, pretty much everything
From the very first interview they make you feel like you should feel lucky that you are even allowed to talk to them, I really should have known and run away then! They will every single day make you feel like you are total garbage and not worth higher pay. The training is awful, you learn one part of your job, go back to the branch, learn something else, go back, learn a little more... Meanwhile you are expected to remember all of this stuff across 6 months when you don't even really use it all and if you ask a question you are treated like a moron. The managers know nothing and are horrible, there is no leadership or support at all! There is such a competitive environment to get loans that my coworkers would go days without talking to me. The equipment is antiquated and breaks constantly, even the new buildings are damp and musty, the cleaning people they hire cant even manage to take out the trash so we ended up cleaning all the time. A member service specialist is supposed to do every single task in the branch, a lot of times there were only two of us in the branch, and our manager didn't even answer when we called her at the other branch she was at. We ate lunch on the clock at a desk off to the side where we couldn't be seen but we could get up and help if there was a line. If you get hired here, be prepared to constantly kiss butt, otherwise they will find a way to get rid of you. The usual reason they give is customer complaints, even if you never see the complaint and its not real, they don't care or want your side of it. Oh and the awful dress code; you are not allowed to wear anything cotton, your clothes cannot come from GAP because that is casual wear. Women must wear heels at all times and if you cant afford to go shopping where the managers shop they offer to show you where you are allowed to shop and where the clearance racks are.
Very professional and Great place to work.
Senior Product Marketing Specialist II (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 21, 2014
SCCU is a company that truly cares for its members and stands behind its core values. It has been a pleasure marketing for this company.
Beatifful
Call Center Associate (Former Employee), FloridaSeptember 7, 2014
Not a boring day, always exciting and vigorous ! Wonderful people to work with.
The Vault was a great starting point to my financial career
Vault Specialist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good schedule and was able to assist others.
Cons: not fully staffed.
I loved this position, I was able to be a support to almost all the departments of the credit union.
Don't waste your time
MSS (Former Employee), MelbourneApril 4, 2014
Pros: some of the employees
Cons: everything else!
I was excited about being a part time teller in a fast paced environment. This company is not about member service but about the money!! I understand goals but they could care a little more about members!!
Awful place to work unless you are starving
Insurance and Escrow (Former Employee), MelbourneMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free bagles once, haha
Cons: was never really sure who my boss was.
Very low employee morale. A typical day was go through piles of work while trying to answer the phone at the same time. Absolutly no training and low pay scale. One man in my group was written up because he took his tie off in the parking lot before getting in his car to go home. Never mind if he worked hard all day for this company. He took his tie off, not his pants!!!. In my brief tenure I have never encountered so many unhappy employees or so many people just leave and never return. Poor equipment, cluttered hallways. This place was just a mess! On my exit interview HR tried to turn everything I said around so it sounded like I wanted less work for more money. They tried to confuse every issue I brought up. Rather than listen, they kept trying to justify. Building was consistantly in lockdown due to unhappy employees making threats.
A great place to start
Member Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, incentives
Cons: healthcare
Great relationship with my co workers they are the reason I am happy to come to work everyday.Love working with my members
Call center is horrible.
Call center agent (Former Employee), Headquarters/ melbourne flJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: leaving to go home
Cons: all of it. horrible
The management in the call center is horrible. They are miserable people who want to make everyone else around them miserable. This place is a bank posing as a credit union. Worst mistake of my life taking a job there. Horrible. They take your breaks away almost daily. It's a horribly depressing and hostile atmosphere. Don't do it. Just don't .
Full time teller & platform
Member Service Special II (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 14, 2013
I have been in Customer Service for many years and enjoy assisting others. I have learned the true meaning of multi tasing. I am a team player so I prefer to work with others rather than isolated.
The hardest part of my job is consisting meeting sales goals but I have achieved 31 month continuous meeting or exceeding performance goals.
Electronic Payments Processor (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 10, 2013
I deal mostly with checks that come back to the bank. All checks that come back must be done before the end of the day. I also do ACH payments on Heloc credit cards that get processed every day. I use the computer every day and different programs. Multi-tasking with 2 computer screen all day. I also answer a multi phone system though out the day.
It is a fast past environment, which I enjoy.
The people are great and make you feel very welcomed.
HR PEOPLE THINKS THEY OWN THE COMPANY
SUPPORT (Former Employee), VIEERANovember 3, 2013
Cons: hr are your worst enemies
VERY NASTY HR PERSONNEL. THEY THINK THEY OWN THE COMPANY, AND WILL HUMILLIATE TO THE TOP. HORRIBLE
productive & fun
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Miramar, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: job picnics
Cons: great benifits
very fast pace job. Great workers & management I love the job. The company is good great benefits for you and your family. You can move up in company very easy if you meeting quotas.
Goal oriented work environment
Senior Collector (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 21, 2013
Pros: medical benefits
Great co-workers and family atmosphere. Goal oriented performance appraisals on a typical mid size credit union.
GREAAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Miramar, FLAugust 9, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: no cons
POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT

ABILITY TO GROW IN THE POSITION

GREAT BENEFITS

ABILITY TO BE MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST ALLOWS ONE TO ALSO BE A LOAN OFFICER AND FLOOR MANAGER
Still in middle of transition , since the merger with Eastern Financial Credit Union
Credit Report Specialist (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJune 24, 2013
Handling disputes via email , work queue ,phone calls or mail. if escaulated issues arises this would need to be handled a.s.a.p. Anaylse and responsed to credit issues.
Expect the best for less
Loss mitigation (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 4, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: everything else
This place is a joke, you have mediocre management with terrible pay. All of this is a recipe for a terrible work enviroment. There is no training, figure it out is the way you learn here.
An accounting position filled with many challenges.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2013
Pros: office filled with seasoned professionals.
Cons: a position not meant for anyone new to accounting.
A typical day consists of fulfilling daily requirements with interruptions happening often and working in monthly responsibilities at different times of the month. Many lessons are learned such as timing projects, reconciling general ledger accounts, and basic lessons about variance. The management does their best to support you and answer all questions you may have. The co-workers are seasoned professionals. The hardest part is contributing any new ideas as all the seasoned professionals have already thought of them.
Be docile, don't ask any questions and you will be fine.
Headquarters (Former Employee), MelbourneMay 22, 2013
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: read review....that will tell you all you need to know.
My tenure at SCCU taught me one valuable lesson about working there that I would like to pass on to perspective employees. Everything is black and white and nothing in-between. Thinking outside the box is not welcome. If you are yes-man (or woman), you will fit in well. Worst work experience I have had in my 15 year career. I wished I had listened to those who warned me...maybe you will...

Good luck.
Great Company to work for!
Member Service Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLMay 21, 2013
Pros: great pay, training, knowledge
Cons: advancement
A very great company to work for. Lots of learning experiences in the banking field. Not many advancement opprotunities.

About Space Coast Credit Union

Space Coast Credit Union (SCCU) is a member-owned cooperative with nearly 65 branches in the Sunshine State. Membership is open – Read more