Space NK Employee Reviews

I've learned a lot about different types of skincare + makeup
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 15, 2016
Great place to work at for many reasons. I've learned so much about new skincare brands that I've never heard of. Love working for space nk because It's a great place for me to get prepared for my major in Dermatology.
Employee review
Beauty Advisor/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA 94301August 11, 2016
A typical day on the job includes in-depth beauty and skin-care consultations and building relationships with new an current clients. Other minor duties include visual maintenance,

Passion for cosmetics, beauty trends, beauty expertise, having a capacity for skincare product knowledge, creativity, out-going personality, and a strong sales drive are key qualities needed to succeed. Having the capacity to learn new knowledge and skills is crucial.

I learned an extensive amount of product knowledge from innovative, luxury brands - a mix of widely-known to exclusive brands, and how to tailor clients' skin care regimens to their main concerns and needs.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being hands-on with clients, becoming fond of regular clients, always learning new knowledge about skin care and cosmetics, introducing new lines and products to new and existing clients, and working within a small team in a intimate, boutique atmosphere.
Pros
free brand training, product gratis, quiet setting
Cons
Small business, low-staff coverage, no over time pay
Productive and amazing products.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 24, 2016
A lot of product knowledge came into lay, which made it a lot of fun because i love products and like learning along with testing it on myself. Great Make up, we were able to play with on ourselves and customers.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
High turn over with management
Very Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
YOu get to learn about many many different lines. There are many different opportunities
Prestige Products and fun environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 24, 2013
A typical day at work includes a delicate balance of customer service and operational duties. There is a great deal of focus on "clientelling" and high knowledge service. There are lots of opportunities for on-going training and vendor contact. I've enjoyed all my encounters with my managers and have a great relationship with my immediate manager and enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. Because it is a retail job the demand of the schedule will never be the same week to week. It is hard to have life/work balance as a full-time member of management. The best part of the job is that is a cutting-edge beauty company. We are constantly being exposed to the newest and greatest technology the beauty products. We are lucky enough to meet the founders/creators of some of the lines we carry. If you have a passion for the beauty industry and have a flexible lifestyle, it is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
Product Gratis and Bonus Opportunities
Cons
Irregular schedules
Not a bad place, small company.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2012
Helped managed all the shipping and receiving at their flagship store. Responsible for supplying and setting up their Bloomingdales location @ 59th Street.