Spacelabs Healthcare Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Poor management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAAugust 7, 2017
The previous management could not focus on one thing that we needed to be best at - we kept being re-directed to do many different things because they taught we can be best at everything. New management is bureaucratic and does not take any input from people that are doing the work to help the company overcome systemic problems. In addition, HR only cares about company not being sued therefore employees do not trust anyone in the organization. Without trust and transparency, not sure if this company can be saved in the near future
No direction
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAAugust 5, 2017
Spacelabs was a company full of people who wanted to help but were unable due to a lack of leadership. There was no direction from upper management on where the company was headed and the engineering efforts suffered. Engineers spent their time putting out fires instead of developing new products. The morale was very low throughout the company.
Very stressful environment
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAFebruary 24, 2017
After acquisition by OSI Inc. product quality and management concerns went downhill very quickly resulting in an elevated level of stress trying to do a good job. Initially it was a fun place to work presenting new challenges daily but eventually became harder to get motivated. More people leaving without any replacements hired.
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Best job of my career
Senior Electrical Engineer, (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 27, 2016
I had full control over my design from schematic capture to board layout to design testing. Open communication with other disciplines. It was a relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Free coffee
Solid product direction
VP Supplies and Accessories (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2016
The company has a strong product portfolio and good focus on the future needs of customers. The company understands the importance of providing solutions that can really help the patient and family experience.
Dying Company
Global Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMarch 12, 2016
Trying to survive with the big boys, proves to be extremely difficult. It doesn't help when you have lack luster managers/directors/leadership who have not proven they have been able to launch any new products of significance. The leadership is misguided and no longer sees its people as assets, and spends most of its time trying to justify its own position. Its truly sad. There was once a vision and a team. Now its just trying to survive.
Pros
Help save peoples lives
Cons
no clear direction, poor and unqualified leaders
A great company but very poor management
Senior Global Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WASeptember 11, 2015
I worked for Spacelabs Healthcare two separate times. The past 14 years, I worked at three different positions. I lived through 2 buyouts and 4 major layoffs, the last of which I participated in. Spacelabs current management is inexperienced with little compassion for it's employees. Some employees were just terminated with no severance pay, no PTO payouts, just their last paycheck and no warning. Employees are just walked out the door by their managers or onsite security. Very poor taste. I know many employees that are contemplating new employment elsewhere.

Spacelabs R&D management have very little vision and Spacelabs as a company seems to always be on the verge of disaster. I would not recommend this company to anyone, even though I have many friends that are currently employed there.
Pros
Used to be a great company to work for
Cons
Poor management decisions seem to be the norm
Advancement
Technical Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJanuary 8, 2015
No room for advancement
Customers are really hard to work with
Great environment for learning.
Client Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAOctober 23, 2014
We design, manufacture and sell medical monitoring equipment.

We are a global company.
Pros
Dedicated workforce. World class products.
Cons
Under staffed for workload.
Fellow rns beware!!
Not employee (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WaApril 24, 2014
Hotel California! Don't leave your clinical practice for this chaos!
Pros
Pays well
Cons
$$ comes with great sacrifice
Fun workplace, never boring.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAApril 21, 2014
A typical day consisted of me making sure all servers are in good health, replaced or upgraded components if needed. Monitored all daily, weekly and monthly backups of servers using Commvault Simpana ver 9. Administering AD and Exchange 2010 users and groups.
Pros
Great IT team members
Cons
Does not have a Benifits Package for OSI Sys Company Temp fulltime Employees.
Average
Lead Supply Chain Manager - Global Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJuly 17, 2013
Average compensation and benefits, culture below average, fair job security, luck of strong leadership among leadership team, no focus on work/life balance, many good people. Ability to make own decisions and impact company future.
Team oriented atmosphere with a collective company goal.
Sales Connectivity Administrator (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJune 26, 2013
This is an innovative company with great opportunities for advancement. It is a fast paced work environment with a relaxed atmosphere. You can learn new and exciting things about the Patient Medical Device industry everyday.
Always have Financial management issues
System Analyst/Developer/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WASeptember 15, 2012
Most enjoyable part of the job: team work
The hardest part of the job: financial crisis
Pros
good location, good team members.
Cons
financial management issues