SpaceX Employee Reviews

Fast motion good vibes
Inventory control (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 20, 2017
I was just an temp at spacex but the best job I ever work in my whole entire life the company treats you so good I was so mad my assignment was up I wanted to stay
Pros
Great breaks, food, and pay
Integration Technician
Final Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 15, 2017
Read and interpreted blueprints, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspections, testing procedures, adjustment methods, and certification processes.
Great company goal, poor management
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 8, 2017
There is a great goal of getting to Mars, but the production management leaves a ton to be desired. Most of the management have experience with managing an already developed and working system, but very little experience with developing a culture, processes, or other systems at a completely fresh company.
Pros
great food, good health insurance
Cons
poor work life balance, poor continuing education support, over all lower hourly rate than other companies.
Great, humbling, fast paced place to work
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 4, 2017
Great place to work if you can handle the long 10 hour shifts but it's really a humbling experience to work with aerospace products
Pros
Free coffe and yogurt, good prices for food
Cons
Long hours, high stress
High intensity environment with lots of cool perks
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 3, 2017
SpaceX is not just a job, it is a lifestyle. It is a rewarding job, but also a stressful one. The fast pace environment of SpaceX means you wont be doing the same thing for that long, which can be good and bad.

My co workers were awesome people. But management seemed to not to see the big picture.
Pros
amazing food, awesome projects to work on
Cons
poor work life balance
Overall great company to work for!
CNC Machine Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 2, 2017
Management could be better in terms of leaning on experienced workers to make the work environment better. That would be my only complaint. There are awesome benefits, not only in terms of insurance and all of the normal ones, but also food and perks.
Pros
Cheap healthy food and free coffee and soda.
Great place
Structure Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 26, 2017
SpaceX is really busy and a lot of moving parts. You learned a lot and do a lot that makes you so happy when you see the rockets take off and come back and land. A lot of overtime.
Pros
provides own cooks
Cons
nothing
Love it! But...
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 21, 2017
If you don't have a need for work/life balance then this is the place for you! I enjoyed my time there, learned a lot from the brilliant minds working all around.
Long Hours, they nourish thier employeers th good food
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 13, 2017
A typical day at SpaceX will begin at 18:30 and last until 07:15 the next morning. that's right, 12 hour shifts. You will be required to work
a lot of overtime hours. 60 to 72 hour weeks. Management is not visible during night shifts. Work place culture is nice and pleasant at night. The hardest part of the job is the hours and the drive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the food.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A lot of overtime is required
great place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  McGregor, TXJanuary 29, 2017
the benefits are awesome at the test site. great food and great people . it was really cool to work at a testing place to get to see all the test. working outdoors had its up and downs for being in TX
great amenities
NDT Radiography Level 2 inspector (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJanuary 25, 2017
They provided great food at a great cost and very convent for everyone to get. I like how they didn't micromanage, and were flexible with work hours as in overtime. The people that worked in my department were really great to work with and easy going, but got a lot of work done.
fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJanuary 16, 2017
A place on the cutting edge of tech. Growing by leaps and bounds. has a lot room to grow and a lot of departments with level headed employees. Great benefits.
Pros
great lunches
Rewarding place to work
SR. PCB DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 15, 2017
This is a great place to work. I find it personally fulfilling when a project gets completed and to be part of a bigger solution for the public in launching rockets for satellites, re-stocking the space station, and continuing on the future outlook to reaching Mars.
Pros
people, environment, free food, good management
Cons
none that I can think of
Productive poace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Co workers are helpfull and they train you supervisors hear you out if your having trouble with something management needs to interact a little more with workers
Best Place I have ever worked
Launch Intern (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Never seen so many people in line with the vision. You work long hours, but it doesnt feel like it because you always have something to do, and are always learning. Organizational structure is pure meritocracy.free froyo and coffee, cheap lunch and dinner.
Avoid at all cost.
SpaceX Employee (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CADecember 9, 2016
Single worst work environment you could find yourself in. Work until you fall over, then once you do fall over they tell you to get up or get out. If you have a family, or a life in general, that will fail to exist once you start. I have worked hard all my life but this is beyond acceptable. Also, speaking for myself, single biggest dumb$%$$ for a supervisor I have every worked for.
Pros
Its not prison, so you can quit.
Cons
Worst management I have ever seen, from the top down.
Fast pace
Composite Lead (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CADecember 7, 2016
Spacex is a good fast paced environment to work in. the only downfall i would have to say is that they are inconsiderate to family affairs. I worked at Spacex for 4 years and found myself challenged everyday with new task that kept me mentally engaged in what i did.
Pros
Continous growth.
Cons
Inconsiderate to family affairs.
great food at a good price
Structure Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 26, 2016
Enjoyed working there, 12hrs a day second shift from 4pm to 4am on a moment notice plus 10 hrs every other sat became to much over a years time. Average mechanic employment is 3 years. Come in on any Monday and be told on 12 hrs.
Pros
good food great price great co workers
Cons
no balance between family and work, like it or quit
fffedi i
ffff (Former Employee) –  fffffffNovember 22, 2016
Pros
The Benefits and pay were excellent. Co workers were great. Company will do some good employee engagement events.
Challenging and exciting work with excellent pay, poor work and life balance
Stainless Steel pipe welder and pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLNovember 7, 2016
Day is typically spent continuing long term projects previously lined out by supervisors. I greatly increased my skill set of pipe welding by the challenging positions and locations needed to perform my duties, as well as became increasingly proficient in pipe fitting due to a somewhat lack of direction provided from engineering team for actual lengths to complete a particular system. Management at SpaceX is very unorganized with a lack communication between shifts and at times unclear or ever changing direction from the engineering department, resulting in scrapping projects halfway through fabrication or rework needed to include added spool pieces. The level of craftsmanship that can be found throughout the workforce is incredible. There are truly some of the best in the field working there. Lines are drawn though between the attitudes of employees and contractors which have led to petty rivalries that rarely treat contractors fairly. Morale among staff is generally above average, great pay and an exciting goal helps, however the long grueling hours, changing shift schedule, and limited time off can wear you down. Hardest part of job would be poor work/life balance, this place will work you hard. Best part of the job would be the challenge and high expectation of quality, as well as a sense of being a part of something historical and exciting.
Pros
Free food and excellent pay
Cons
No benefits for contractors, poor work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpaceX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6