SpaceX Employee Reviews

Was a Great place to Work,BUT!!
Acting GSE Lead Toolmaker (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMay 22, 2017
It has become the WHO you Know and Not what you know Central. It is really Sad, to be honest. It was an amazing company to be a part of when I started.
The most stressful fun you'll ever have
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMay 14, 2017
A day at Spacex can be stressful exciting all at the same time. The atmosphere at this place was very exciting down to the people I've work with, to the incredible work we were doing, to the fancy cafeteria and many other options to eat, to the onsite message therapist. Management did their best to compensate everyone and keeps happy and motivated. the hardest part of the job would be balancing work/life considering working here is very demanding. I enjoyed watching successful rocket launches, the food, and the Christmas parties.
Productive company with free frozen yogurt and coffee
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMay 11, 2017
Fun place to work, friendly employees. It was more than a job it was a career. Management was exceptionally demanding with no incentives, the organization was the key to the success of the company. Working on rockets, was the most enjoyable of working. Learned how to use power tools, learned how to read engineering blueprints, work together with other co-workers on big projects.
Pros
Free yogurt, free coffee, restaurant on site, excellent benefits: health, dental, vision
Cons
exceptionally demanding, terrible schedules
Fun experience, not worth it though...
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMay 8, 2017
I say this in the most humble way I can. I fixed multiple peoples mistakes and then got let go being told "I was a weak worker"... really... if you aren't in the cliques that form then you will be let go in a heartbeat. I enjoyed most of the work and definitely worked very long hours. Very good pay... but again... so not worth it. Management makes assessments on your work ethic based off what other people tell them. I also got blamed multiple times for offending people when I wasn't even the person to say the said claims. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Too many to list. Management. Cliques. Long hours. No respect. Getting blamed for others mistakes.
Fast paced work
Propulsion Integration Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMay 2, 2017
Great company. Fast paced environment with a moderate learning curve. My typical day is a 9- 10 hr shift. Management is good but doesn't offer as many bonuses as other work centers. The work environment is very relaxed while being fast paced. The hardest part of the job is that the rockets change frequently so there are updates to the work orders. and the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to watch the rocket launches to see all of the hard work add up to a successful launch and landing is amazing.
Pros
Free coffee and frozen yogurt.
Cons
Constant change in the work environment, Supervisors don't stay that long.
Great place if you have NO OTHER LIFE
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 16, 2017
The cliche is true - SpaceX culture expects 11 hour days from salaried employees "because they want to be here."

Everyone is young and supersmart, obsessed with their cell phones as they walk to and fro, and for the most part single or childless and completely dedicated to the SpaceX missions ("Occupy Mars"!)

Cheap, delicious meals served all day long and psychotically strong free coffee/barista drinks just barely offset the lower-than-standard pay rates and ridiculous time expectations. Might be worth sticking it out 5 years until your stock options are vested, esp. if they go public someday.

At least the management structure is fairly lean.
Pros
Excellent food served 18 hours/day.
Cons
Looooong hours, lower than average pay.
Awesome place to work!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 10, 2017
i have loved my time at spacex but i need to relocate my family. Spacex has been nothing but good to me and i would recommend working here to anyone! very exciting company.
Pros
benefits, fun environment, good people
CMM INSPECTOR / ROMER ARM PROGRAMMER (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAApril 8, 2017
this is a great place to work, just wish it was close to my home, you get treated good, great benefits. discounted lunch, cool swag healthy snacks, a lot of food is free or discounted, 15 minute breaks.
Great
Structures Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 31, 2017
It's a great company to work for. The pay could be better, but the environment is amazing! The benefits are great as well, as medical hasn't been raised in several years.
benefits
Cons
pay
Spacex
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 31, 2017
SpaceX is a very "cool" place to work. Making history everyday. It can be an very enjoyable work environment but can also be very stressful. Lots of hours worked and tight schedules to meet.
Pros
Food, benefits, part of history
Cons
Terrible mid level management
Productive and fun workplace
Avionics Wire Harness Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 27, 2017
They offer great benefits, lots of perks to being an employee. Hiring within the company is a big deal like someone that works in the kitchen department can be trained and become certified to build wire harnesses and work in other production departments that can take in apprentices.
Pros
super affordable meals, free coffe
Cons
short breaks. pay is not competitive/not up to industry norm
Fast motion good vibes
Inventory control (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 20, 2017
I was just an temp at spacex but the best job I ever work in my whole entire life the company treats you so good I was so mad my assignment was up I wanted to stay
Pros
Great breaks, food, and pay
A great place if you have a family
Structures Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 17, 2017
The benefits are great if you have dependents but for a single person theres better choices out there as far as pay rate and work hours. Overtime is too much and is not optional
Pros
Cheap food and good parties
Cons
Mandatory Overtime
Small step for mankind
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 17, 2017
SpaceX is a good place to work if you are a workaholic and don't like your family much. Not a lot of days off. Night shift kinda sucks. Management seems to be clueless.
Pros
Company Christmas Party
Cons
Long work days, and no work life balance.
Integration Technician
Final Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 15, 2017
Read and interpreted blueprints, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspections, testing procedures, adjustment methods, and certification processes.
Great company goal, poor management
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 8, 2017
There is a great goal of getting to Mars, but the production management leaves a ton to be desired. Most of the management have experience with managing an already developed and working system, but very little experience with developing a culture, processes, or other systems at a completely fresh company.
Pros
great food, good health insurance
Cons
poor work life balance, poor continuing education support, over all lower hourly rate than other companies.
Heavy work schedule. Little work/life balance.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 8, 2017
Very demanding job with inconvenient hours. I worked typical swing shift hours (3p.m. - 2 a.m.) but always had extra overtime on already mandatory overtime (usually 6 day work weeks, often 7 day work week).

Management was also poor. Very typical to find out last minute of schedule changes (not due to lack of foresight). Clear schedule forecasted on a monthly basis, but would find out weekend work was needed, usually 10 minutes before leaving at what we thought was the end of the work week.

Compensation and benefits are slightly above average for industry standards.

Poor moral throughout company due to poor management.
Great, humbling, fast paced place to work
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 4, 2017
Great place to work if you can handle the long 10 hour shifts but it's really a humbling experience to work with aerospace products
Pros
Free coffe and yogurt, good prices for food
Cons
Long hours, high stress
High intensity environment with lots of cool perks
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 3, 2017
SpaceX is not just a job, it is a lifestyle. It is a rewarding job, but also a stressful one. The fast pace environment of SpaceX means you wont be doing the same thing for that long, which can be good and bad.

My co workers were awesome people. But management seemed to not to see the big picture.
Pros
amazing food, awesome projects to work on
Cons
poor work life balance
Overall great company to work for!
CNC Machine Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMarch 2, 2017
Management could be better in terms of leaning on experienced workers to make the work environment better. That would be my only complaint. There are awesome benefits, not only in terms of insurance and all of the normal ones, but also food and perks.
Pros
Cheap healthy food and free coffee and soda.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpaceX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6