Spalding Medical Center Employee Reviews

Growth and Ethics in the Workplace
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 16, 2015
Starting the work shift communicating with your co-worker you are relieving and making sure the shift goes smooth. I learned more as a patient sitter, not just making sure the patient is safe, but to do some work that the Nurses do and the CNA's do. Management is great. They work with you and they listen to you with any problems you may have concerning the job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult patients who do not want to cooperate but the most enjoyable part is understanding why they will not cooperate and making them feel at ease and helping them calm down.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
No Breaks
Unbelievably Poorly Managed (EMT)
EMT (Current Employee) –  Griffin GADecember 15, 2014
Never has there been such a place where less consideration has been given to their employees. Managements first step in dealing with any situation is to immediatly place blame on the employee without identifying any other issues or causes. Poor compensation for a job where any moment, an ambulance might go careening off the road due to the drivers sheer exaustion. PTO is denied because management decides to put all the part timers on one shift, in order to run a fifth truck. That fifth truck is denied to all other shifts and they are still required to run the same amount of calls. It is no suprise that they are hemmoraging paramedics and EMTS.
Pros
Free band-aids
Cons
Everything except the free band-aids.
Rocking nights.
Resp. Therapy (Former Employee) –  All areasNovember 7, 2014
Used to be, at least, a great place to make your bones. Every possible RT intervention explored, coached and encouraged. 200 patients a night in ER., spontaneous sections, tubes, art lines, 12 bed unit. In season, always on diversion.
You are not going to just hang out and spray down the floor. I don't know who's at the helm now, but in the day, we had total autonomy, respect and need for our experience.
Pros
Administration didn't forget night shift. You learned priorities, triage, security, time management.
Cons
some folks, true anywhere... were not on same page.
I learned the correct steps in preparing a sterile environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Griffin,Ga.August 13, 2014
I learned the correct techniques when assisting the surgeon, line up the instruments, clean work place, and becoming familiar with the different types of procedures taking place.
Great environment to work in!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 8, 2014
I started working at Spalding Regional Medical Center when I was eighteen years old. They provided me with great onsite training while I was completing a pharmacy technician program online. I was welcomed with smiling faces and I adapted and learned the workflow quickly. I started as a PRN technician and I advanced to a full time technician when the position became available. I could not describe a typical day at the hospital. The days vary and I start each day with an open mind, never knowing what to expect. I like working in an environment that challenged my knowledge and mindset on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job is time management. Although I am great at managing my time, sometimes emergencies occur in a hospital, so it will put you five to ten minutes behind. It is not an issue for me but it does get hard to catch up but it just makes me work harder. The most enjoyable part of my job is preparing medications for patients. I love the feeling of helping someone and giving them what they need to reach wellness.
Pros
benefits, yearly raises
Cons
lunch breaks are rare
fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJanuary 13, 2014
it was fast paced

I learned to smile more

management was very nice and helpful

it was nothing hard about this job
Nice place to work... loads of experience.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 13, 2013
Challenging work, team players, can be overwhelming at times.
exercise room with shower
RN relief charge nurse nights, FT assign pts due (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJuly 6, 2013
wide e range of patients from cardiac, renal,pre and postop patients, epidural patients, PCA pumps.

Pros
provided a monthly night time meal for staff, holiday events. Good pay, flexible if needed time off could flex or take call
Cons
Constant need for functional equipment, management played favorites. Childish games from adults to hurt people.
No advancement of any kind after 2 years. wanted to learn more and experince in different areas.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAJune 25, 2013
I enjoy working with place where they makes you learn something. It just get old doing same work everyday.
Pros
Small hospital, easy for commute.
Cons
Not able to experince anything new.
I enjoyed the family atmosphere at Spalding of all departments not just mine.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJune 18, 2013
I enjoyed working at Spalding there were always challenges but everyone always pulled together. My favorite part of the job was patient care. I truly love working with patient and trying to make whatever procedure we're doing much smoother and a positive experience for them. I think that the co workers are moe family than just co workers there may be a squabble every now and them but we were always in it together. My most difficult challenge would have been the turnovers in department directors. Even though I knew that it was also difficult for the higher management and they were trying to find the best fit. It was often difficult for the employees also.
Pros
Staff, coworkers, environment to work
Cons
Short staffed at times, equipment down

Want to know more about Spalding Medical Center?

Ask a question
A leader at Spalding Regional with strong administrative staff to assist me with operational issues if needed.
Director Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Griffin, Ga.June 2, 2013
Productive day with daily operations in Surgical Services as well as multiple meetings for quality, committee participation and leadership meetings. Productive with department preparation for Joint Commission Survey, Policy & Procedure maintenance, staff education, electronic medical record review and staff training. Current training to convert from McKesson Electronic Medical Record to SurgiNet.
Pros
Strong leadership
Cons
Open staff positions
Teamwork
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAOctober 29, 2012
Everyone there has great teamwork. I love that this hospital now has Cerner and Met Calls before a pt goes bad.
Cons
expensive food
Fun place to work. Easily accessible
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GASeptember 24, 2012
Iwork the night shift and our nights are pretty hectic.I have learned that the best way to get through the night is to band together with co.workers and pitch in to get the job done. management is always willing to work with staff to coordinate their home life into a workable system for all.The quick turn around of patients can sometimes become frustrating considering the amount of work done upon admission. However it is very enjoyable to work with co-workers wo despite the rigors of the job are always ready to share a warm thought or a word of encouragement.
Pros
easily accessability
Cons
staff retention
Very competitive work place
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAAugust 20, 2012
I am a team player, I work hard at what I do, and I get along with others.
patient care
rn (Current Employee) –  griffinJuly 16, 2012
Quality patient care should be the #1 priority, but money and budget are more important in managements' eyes..
Pros
close to home
Cons
management
Management is based on the buddy system of who you know
conifer (Current Employee) –  griffin gaJune 2, 2012
Tenet has started to branch some of their positions out to Subsidiaries and the benefits are not so great and they tend to not be for the employee. Very disapointing for this company. Their pay is not comp to area. They are way behind in all areas.
Pros
close to home
Cons
tlots, conifer
Part of a national company
RN (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GaFebruary 27, 2012
Provides care to those who have need of health care. Primary patients are medicaid/medicare/indigent
Pros
close to home
Cons
not progressive