Spansion Employee Reviews

I enjoyed the people and the culture
Maintenance Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Repair and maintenance of Semi-conductor equipment. Daily interface with production operators and process / equipment technicians. A friendly environment and the work still got done. A great combination
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Legacy equipment, Nightshift
purchased
Information Security Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 20, 2017
was a great place to work. Management was not on point all the time but let me build out my program and basically left me alone.
When company was purchased, 1/2 of staff was let go and once management changed, it went down hill. new CEO was terrible and was apart of the good ol boys.
Sr. Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
essential. I found this subject very stimulating.RomanTimes New RomanThe nature of my degree course has prepared me for this position. It involved a great deal of independent research, requiring initiative, self-motivation and a wide range of skills. For one course, [insert course], an understanding of the [insert sector] industry was essential. I found this subject very stimulating.
Productive, educational and challenging
Project/Program Manager; Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 22, 2017
Productive, educational, challenging.
I worked with numerous legal groups, reviewing current legal software and potential software under review for implementation.
Benefits
Cons
Hectic during prep for public offering
This company no longer exists
Senior Database Adminirtator (Former Employee) –  UAstin TexasJuly 25, 2017
Company was bought by Cypress semiconductor, not else to add since the company no longer exists, Indeed needs to have a method to mark this company as NA.
just a job
Electromechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2017
This is a job, not a career I have seen them work people the whole night then at the end of the shift call them all in a huddle and tell them they are no longer needed. the hours were 7 12 hour shifts
Amazing Technology
VP of Performance / Operations (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 20, 2017
The company survived bankruptcy and emerged focused, strong and agile. The company was a global technology leader and continued growing both organically and via acquisition.
Pros
Great Culture and Leadership
Cons
Rapid growing pains
Part Time
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2017
This position was very flexible. I worked a lot from home. I was a contractor for the 5 years so I was not really involved with company. But, when I was there, management was good.
Spansion was small, agile, and full of opportunity.
HR Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 24, 2017
This was a lean, agile company where everyone was highly valued. It was a fantastic place to work. The company was acquired by Cypress Semiconductor and no longer exists.
Highly productive working environment with business-driven mentality
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 16, 2016
Spansion has very strong IT systems and many business-driven hard-working financial professionals and area experts. Financial valuation is one of the operation performance measurement. Operation team is very supportive to Finance team, and mostly willing to help you understand operation process. If you are someone who's naturally curious about what's going on around you and outside your own world, this is a good place to be.

Note: Spansion merged with Cypress semiconductor in 2015.
Pros
Colleagues are very knowledble and helpful
Cons
Decreasing margin; highly competitive market
Spansion
Senior Product engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 8, 2016
Fun place to be at. great culture and very nice people. You work hard but you are not stressed out and you don't dread going to work because you feel you belong to a team
It's a Fab. Work schedule is great for college students.
Austin, Texas - Wafer Fab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 28, 2016
It's FAB work. Some what self explanatory. Most will be contractors for almost 2 years before they can score a permanent position. Average pay. Work 3 days one week, then 4 the next. Down side is the 12 hour work weeks.
Pros
alternating 3 to 4 work days and days off.
Cons
12 hour shifts. Hard steel floors.
Productive work environment and great people to work with
Wafer Fabrication Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2016
A typical workday involves processing silicon wafers into Flash Memory, MCUs, and communication devices. I have mastered the Thin Films department working in all bays for both metal and oxide deposition. Management was the best I have seen CEO wise but the good old boy system keeps achievers like me from management promotions. My co-workers are very diverse with many members from all over the world (South America, Europe, China and the Philippines. The hardest part of the job is cleaning up the area after prior shifts neglect it for hours. The most enjoyable part is the compressed shift Wed-Fri night 7pm-7am and every other Saturday night the same. This leaves Sunday through Tuesday as off time with every other Saturday off.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Unfair for those that succeed in college and accomplish multiple degrees.
Mature trailing edge technology
Manufacturing Supervisor for FAB (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2016
Highly experienced work force, cost competitive, good work life balance, culture and benefits have taken a hit since merger with Cypress.
Pros
Highly experienced work force
Cons
culture and benefits have taken a hit since merger with Cypress.
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 8, 2016
Good compensation. Learned a lot of work ethics. Fun and loving co-workers. Hardest part, company lay-off. Learned a lot.
Love this job
Material Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Great place to work, prior to the split of AMD/Spansion. Now Spansion is Cypress and no nothing about the conditions. Had wonderful opportunities here in the states and abroard.
n/a
Wafer Fab Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2016
The best thing is learning experience in the manufacturing industries with all the processes that go on in a daily basis.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Healthcare, Job Advancement
Great to have been part of the Spansion team.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 19, 2015
Wonderful experience being part of the Spansion family. Management was great, allowing a great degree work life balance but at the same time focused on results and meeting goals and expectations. Empowerment and ability to bring about change was a very positive vibe in the whole company.
Great coworkers and flexibility.
Distribution Business Manager / Staff Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2015
We can talk about this in person. Overall a positive, learning experience. I've worked from home, and remotely in Portland, which has been great.
Pros
Flexibility, positive team mentality to fix problems, focus on excellent customer service
Cons
Merger has brought about a major cultural and priority shift
Lots of hard working people that took care of its people.
Data Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale CaJune 23, 2015
Spansion was a great company with lots of hard working people, I worked in the IT Department managing their Computer Data Center with a staff of up to 12 people which included the Service Desk who's main customer worked and support the production Fab.
Pros
The company always put people first!