Recruitment System Job Posting – Maintenance Lead
Our hens lay eggs everyday -- even weekends and holidays! -- so we are there too, making sure the hens are cared for and that the eggs are washed, graded, packed and ready for our customers. Are you looking for a job in agriculture or food production? We are always looking for great people - consider joining the Sparboe Farms team today!
Join our new management team and be in on the ground floor as we build our new processing facility which will have all new state-of-the-art egg processing equipment and robotics. Completion date expected to be early summer 2014.
Processing team members work in a modern, temperature controlled, egg processing facility. This facility includes a processing room, warehouse and cooler rooms. Computerized machinery cleans, grades and puts eggs into packaging. Packaged eggs are put into boxes, placed onto pallets and stored in a cooler. They are removed from the warehouse and loaded onto a truck. Processing and warehouse employees work together to ensure orders are made and shipped accurately and in full. Eggs are processed 7 days/week.
Sparboe Farms offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match and paid vacation.
Open Position: Maintenance Lead
The Maintenance Lead delivers machine availability and yield to support overall operating efficiencies (OEE) by leading the maintenance and repair of all location processing machinery, equipment and supporting systems. The position supports production efficiencies by developing systematic troubleshooting methods, predictive maintenance methods for machines and systems, and preventive repair instructions and methods. The Lead is the subject matter expert in complex machine/equipment issues responsible for training the maintenance and processing team in machine operations and efficiencies.
- Ensures performance rates and quality meet specifications, standards and expectations for the location through effective maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs. Identifies issues and problems, recommends solutions to the processing manager and leads; leads and performs corrective actions.
- Develops, supports, and follows the Maintenance Program and monitors the work of Technicians and Maintenance Mechanics to ensure the program is adhered to. Trains the maintenance team to ensure skills and expertise are up to the standard required for the location and its machinery and equipment.
- Resolves complex machine/equipment issues and completes on-the-fly root cause analysis of simple repairs such as jams and miss-feeds of the machine. Troubleshoots and repairs all mechanical systems of the machine; completes advanced electrical troubleshooting and replaces parts when the cause is found.
- Controls downtime by managing and performing routine preventive maintenance and operation techniques; monitors compliance with the Maintenance Program and reports issues and deficiencies to management, as necessary. Provides mechanical maintenance instructions and information; instructs operators and other maintenance workers as necessary to prevent equipment damage.
- Leads maintenance program management so machinery is running safely at all times. Ensures safety features and equipment are functioning properly at all times. Proactively supports safety programs and initiatives.
- Manages the maintenance management system for proper maintenance and repair. Manages plant parts inventory, ensuring that all necessary parts are in stock at all times. Coordinates parts and repairs with sister plants to establish economies when possible.
- Leads and completes major repairs and/or installations to machinery and equipment. Assists the Director of Engineering and Quality on planning and installation of new equipment and large repair projects.
- Writes and finalizes SOPs; recommends changes and improvements to Director of Engineering and Quality; collaborates with the Processing Manager and Leads to ensure SOPs are implemented properly by all related processing and maintenance team members.
- Starts before shift and stays after shift as necessary to complete pre- and post-production sanitation, maintenance and repairs.
- Performs general complex maintenance duties and other duties as assigned.
Education/ Skills Requirements
- Certificate or AA degree in electronics, electro-mechanical, maintenance or automation field with 7+ years of related experience in manufacturing or food processing industry – or
- BS in a technical field with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in manufacturing or food processing industry – or
- HS diploma with 15+ years of related experience.
- Experience supervising a team.
- Subject matter expert level qualifications in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Understands electronics, and can use computers and systems which drive and support equipment. Experience and knowledge of PLC’s, control systems, electrical components and robotics. Has created relationships with external experts to enhance abilities.
- A self-starter, has the ability to lead and work independently.
- Understands the optimal operating condition required for machinery, theory of operations of most machines on processing floor, and fundamentals of sub-systems and individual devices on the machines. Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings required to perform installation, repairs, maintenance and training on equipment.
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of employees and internal groups/teams, while providing leadership and coaching as appropriate and necessary. Ability to work with outside vendors and suppliers.
- Strong team player; ability to influence people in all roles and levels in the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills with operational and analytical skills; proven project management, continuous improvement experience and coordination of multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to translate observations into actionable plans.
- Open and direct communicator; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must be able to work 8 - 12 hours standing.
- Ability to work long days, weekends and work scheduled times.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; ability to be flexible and work with a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate easily with supervisors and team members. Ability to read and write English.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow in role.
APPLY FOR THE JOB:
Email your resume, cover letter and compensation requirements.
Sparboe Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: Technician, PLC, Electronics,