Our hens lay eggs everyday -- even weekends and holidays! -- so we are there too, making sure the hens are cared for and that the eggs are washed, graded, packed and ready for our customers. Are you looking for a job in agriculture or food production? Check out Sparboe Farms and join our team today!
Sparboe offers benefits – Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, 401(k) with match, vacation and more! Relocation assistance available
The Technician supports production efficiency by managing the maintenance and repair of all complex Diamond grading, packing and side-loading processing machinery, equipment and supporting systems. They will perform hands-on troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of mechanical and electrical systems on a daily basis.
The position reports to Processing Manager. Additionally, this position will collaborate closely with various functions and groups within the organization including, but not limited to, Processing and Production Leads, processing employees, complex administrative staff, Quality Assurance Manager, Safety Manager, and Logistics Manager.
- Understand the ideal conditions for machinery and complex and works towards maintaining them at all times. Identifies issues and problems and points them out to Supervisors and Complex Managers.
- Control downtime by managing and performing routine preventative maintenance and operation techniques; monitoring compliance and reporting to supervisor as necessary.
- Ensure the proper operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, motor control devices, pumps, conveyor systems, instrumentation, and all production equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Provides ongoing training to mechanics, complex management and others on proper use, maintenance and repair of machinery.
- Interact with vendors on matters of maintenance, repairs and parts to ensure that the operation remains both technically sound and fiscally efficient.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Compensation: Very competitive and willing to pay more the higher level of the skills. Please share your salary requirements in your cover letter. Starting at $19++ more for experience and skills.
Not qualified for this job yet! Still submit your resume. We have other openings within the Maintenance Team!!
3 -5+ years experience in the technical/equipment aspects related to the manufacturing or food processing. Experience and knowledge of PLC’s, control systems, electrical components and robotics.
- High School diploma required. Completion of an Industrial Maintenance vocational or technical school preferred.
- Ability to work schedule that will include weekends, with days of during week.
- Computer skills, including MS Office and other related software.
- Able to develop relationships and influence the thinking and actions of internal staff and collaborative and team oriented.
- Problem solving and analytic skills.
- Ability to be self-directed in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills, and project management and continuous improvement experience and coordination of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of employees and internal groups/teams.
- Open and direct communicator; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
APPLY FOR THE JOB:
EMAIL: Resume, cover letter and compensation requirements:
OR Apply in person Monday-Friday from 8am-3pm.
Sparboe Farms, Inc. 1981 Iowa Ave, Britt, IA 50423, Phone: 641-843-3495
PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON AND COMPLETE AN APPLICATION. YOU CAN SEND APPLICATION IN THROUGH EMAIL OR FAX (641-843-3763).