Sparboe Farms Inc., one of the largest Midwestern, fully integrated shell egg production, processing and marketing companies in the United States, has an opening for a Processing Lead in Goodell, IA.
The Processing Lead is responsible to assist the Processing Manager with daily supervision of the Complex processing operation, while performing regular duties at processing line. In the Processing Manager’s absence this role will be responsible for the Processing operation (egg grading and packaging, machine maintenance and repair, sanitation, warehousing and transportation).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily/routine activities for the Processing group, this includes warehouse/cooler (shipping and receiving), processing room operations, product/supply inventory, ordering of supplies, and employee scheduling.
- Coordinate daily order processing. Coordinate printing and confirm packaging labels, determine packaging/processing order, and ensure orders are packaged correctly. Communicate with Customer Service and the respective customer as needed to address ongoing or special orders.
- Work hands-on in the processing plant as needed to cover the work load, demonstrate expectations, and train employees.
- Coordinate the Safety program and initiatives for the processing operation and continuously demonstrate safe work habits.
- Maintain overall product quality by leading and supervising employees in the execution of work practices that follow Sparboe and USDA guidelines. Ensure that machinery and employees are working effectively in supporting egg and packaging quality. Work closely with QA and the USDA inspector. Understand and ensure proper execution of all Processing SOPs.
- Ensure that inventories of supplies needed for Processing are maintained at the necessary levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned or appropriate.
- 3+ years of experience working in food processing / food production, or manufacturing environment. Warehouse /cooler experience helpful.
- Ability to work first shift, 10 hour days, 5 days a week.
- Ability to lead, motivate and supervise a team of employees
- Ability and experience in mastering various positions within the Processing Operation.
- Self-motivated, independent work habits
- Ability to read and write English, computer and math skills
- Sound judgment and unwavering ethics
- Focus on accuracy and detail
- Ability to lift 30 lbs., work standing for a minimum of 5 hours a day
If you are interested and feel you meet the qualifications for this opportunity, submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for consideration.
Sparboe Farm offers a comprehensive benefits package, including: healthcare, life, disability, 401(k) plan with employer match, vacation and sick time, etc.
Sparboe Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our hens lay eggs everyday - even weekends and holidays! So we are there too, making sure the hens are cared for and that the eggs are...