Spark Networks Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 12, 2017
Sparks Networks is a great place to work. No complaints. I really enjoyed my time with Sparks, they even allowed me to work my job from home. And plenty of overtime when the call center got busy.
Fantastic Experience
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2017
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Fantastic team. Product that positively impacts lives. It's a very collabortive environment where input is encouraged. Executive team are wonderful.
Hard work but rewarding if you chose it to be
Inbound Customer Support and Sales (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 10, 2016
I worked 13-15 hours a day (single mom) and had the highest sales for 16 months straight.

I learned if I want any job to be a good one, then it is up to me to have positive thoughts and take the good and block out the bad.

My co-workers were all wonderful. Very mature and educated.

Hardest part of the job was when the customers started swearing at me before I even knew what the problem was.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a super angry customer on the phone and turning the situation around to where we were laughing by the end of the call. Love that!
Pros
Great co-workers and customers
Cons
very strict management who cared more about the results than the employees
BEST workplace EVER!!!
Sr. Customer Support Rep & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 13, 2015
They gave Great pay, great learning environment and wonderful management!!! This is by far the best place I've ever worked.
Bad customer service job.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UtJuly 8, 2014
I would say that at least 25% of the calls were about automatic renewal not being turned off, and they're calling in to get refunds. And they are UPSET. Also pretty much the remaining calls are old people who can't work a computer who insist you walk them through every single thing, making some of the calls get to 45 min. Scheduling sucks, they just cut everyone's hours, but they are still hiring? The call volumes went up like crazy and people were waiting like 5 min to talk to someone, but they still cut hours. Makes no sense.
Regarding the actual work place, the MAJOR downsides:

-Even if you have PTO and want to use it, you still need to get your shifts covered. I call BS on that one. I've never heard of any other company doing that.

-Even if you work part time, say 20 hours a week. You can't have more than 2 days off. You will be scheduled 5 4hr shifts.

-When I was being interviewed they said the most employees get commissions that boost their pay to about $14 an hour. Guess how much my commissions were? $50, come to find out, that's pretty average. I met all of the sales goals, so that tells me they're just really desperate for people to do horrible work, but don't wasn't to pay them that well.

I thought this personally was the worst call center I've ever worked for.
Great work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 30, 2014
I have learned to take a proactive approach in assisting a busy CEO.
Casual and fun workplace
Manager of Accounting and Financial Systems (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CADecember 9, 2013
It was a casual and fun workplace. Great co-workers. Interesting business of member subscription management.
Productive laid back work place
Sales/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 18, 2013
Amazing environment and co-workers who are always willing to help eachother out. A typical day at work consists of, incoming phone calls, providing support to members for online dating websites,and approving photos for all websites supported.
Management is always available when needed, and gives useful feedback to help improve on sales,customer service, etc.
Hardest part of the job is consoling members who have been scammed out of money from fraudulent people.
Most enjoyable part of the job is hearing members success stories.
Pros
Laid back, work from home opportunity.
Cons
Non flexible with time off. No room for advancement