Sparks Health System

Sparks Health System United States Employee Reviews

Business structured hospital
Current Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Fort Smith, Ar.January 8, 2015
Pros: the pay in adequate for the little formal training needed to accomplish the job.
Cons: overly and needlessly compedative work environment, inadequate supplies to care for patients. hospital run like a business.
This is a fast paced work environment but only because it is understaffed. From my time in the pharmacy I can tell you that this hospital doesn't carry the necessary budget to guarantee that all the patients will have proper medications due to continually low stock. Even if we do have the medications the tube system will usually be broken resulting in someone having to cross the hospital on foot to deliver medications to crashing and coding patients instead of having a functional tube system. This is all stacked on immature Techs who constantly try and through each other under the bus and don't understand that what they do is important and needs to be accomplished in a timely fashion.
The focus of an ER is to stabilize and treat the population of patients who arrive in the department independently or via ambulance.
ER Technician/Phlebotomist - Emergency Department (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 14, 2014
Working in an emergency room (ER) requires astute assessment skills, flexibility and the ability to function in a high stress department. Highly skilled, compassionate healthcare providers staff the emergency department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The ER team consists of nurses, physicians, medical and radiology technicians and more, working in unison to stabilize the patient who makes an unplanned visit to the ER for urgent or emergent health care.
No stability with the multiple buyouts
RN (Former Employee), Fort SmithAugust 31, 2013
Pros: salary structure
Cons: stabbed in the back when least expect it
Nursed for 30+ years, never had a bad evaluation, called in maybe 1 time a year, volunteered for all the overtime, and was let go just like that. Only good thing was the salary range, got hired at Mercy for $6.00 hr less.....will have to find a 2nd job to add to my now much lower salary.
loved it
PBX-Operator (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 28, 2013
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: i left to get married otherwise i would still be there
exciting place to work, loved the people I worked with would still be there if I had not met my husband and moved away. Hardest part of my job was not caring when I patient called. We took several hundred calls a day and they where always different. You never knew what you was going to get when you picked up the phone.