Sparks Personnel Services, Inc.

Sparks Personnel Services, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

HR Coordinator
Meeting Coordinator (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJMarch 10, 2015
Managed new hires documentation, background checks, drug testing for new employees at new client sites. Coworkers were the best team i have worked with.
Sparks...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 19, 2015
I liked working for them as well. I just wish they had more longer term positions. Communication should be worked on a little.
Good Temp Agency
HealthStream Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 2, 2015
A very good temp agency where they really help you find a position within your field as well as provide great customer service.
Lies is all Sparks is about
Punching Bag (Former Employee), Las VegasJanuary 31, 2015
Cons: everything they tell you
As soon as the show is over so are you. Worst Co I have ever worked for. Management is so full of BS They say they wont hire anyone with a felony record , But there shop foreman has a Felony DUI Unless you know There plant supervisor take my advice keep looking.
If you are of African descent don't waste your time!
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sterling Heights , MichiganJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: they don't care about melanated (black) employees!
This place has temporarily ruined me!.. I quit a job to work for them and they worked me for two days and laid me off. Because I quit my former job on such short notice I wasn't able to go back. They.have been unsupportive in finding me another assignment. I hate Sparks....DirtBags!!!!
staffing agency with vast job placements
Office/Administrative Services (Former Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 31, 2014
I loved working for Sparks. It gave me a lot of different work experiences in a lot of different fields
Quite and Demanding
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Centreville, VANovember 16, 2014
I worked for Sparks for a company as a temp. The training was not great and expectations were to much for the computer system which failed contantly. I learned how the lilly program worked and it was the most easy part of my job.
The manager I reported to was great and understanding. Co- workers we fun and great at helping others.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the computer system that was always slow and wouldnt allow you to do your job effectively.

I enjoyed the employees who were there to support me and made things worth being there.
positive place to work and learn
Underwriter 1R (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2014
Pros: working with a good team
Cons: manatory overtime
I work with an amazing team, but sometimes there is disorganization. Hardest part of the job is not getting titles back.
Great Company
Clerical Worker (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDOctober 30, 2014
Pros: reliable
This company is loyal, committed, and really care about your professional growth and compassionately acknowledges your personal needs not penalizes you for things you can't control.
Only temporary position to fill in for an employee on maternity leave.
Assistant, Long & Foster Property Management (Former Employee), Centreville, VASeptember 16, 2014
Learned to submit work orders and resolve tenant issues. Organized property managers files.
Hard place to work
LPN (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 18, 2014
Not adequate staff and little effort to keep and take care of current staff. Management does not communicate well.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 30, 2014
• Enter monthly vendor invoices, subcontractors and consultants
• Enter voucher information into Purchase Order log so that status of P.O.s can be tracked
• Print voucher forms and provide information to Controller for review
• Work with the Controller to resolve any issues with invoices
• File all paid expenses for vendors and employees
• Make copies of signed checks for vendor files
• Mail checks to vendors
• Assist employees with general questions on electronic expense submissions
• Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, communicating Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
• Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports
• Assists with posting of cash receipts and other routine accounting functions
• Performs other duties as required to support the Finance Department
Always a good day
Teller (Credit Union) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: team work
enjoys working with people, on a daily basis I answered incoming phone calls regarding claims issues via telephone, or email.
Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMay 23, 2014
I would work with them again if given another position opening. They placed me in some very great work environments.
Working as a Temp
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Alexandria VAMay 21, 2014
A typical day at work consist of processing paperwork, sending emails, and filing. I have learned how to organize better as well as techniques for filings.

Management on my current job could be alot better. These is very little communication and the environment is not too friendly.

My co-workers are for the most part pleasant.

The hardest part of my job is being able to communicate with management because they really don't care for the temps.
good place to work
PCA (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMay 15, 2014
Pros: help people get better
Cons: not enough workers
I liked my co worker and my bosses. The patients was more of the time friendly as was theie family.
Great Family Feeling
Senior Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 9, 2014
Pros: fantastic management and colleages, good work/life balance.
Cons: burn out industry
Staffing can be a harsh and draining business and this is no different. The difference comes in the people you work with. The staff and management act as a team and have a very "open door" policy. People can handle a bad day far better when they are surrounded by people who lift them up and that is very true here. Staffing isn't for everyone and that is fine, but this company will give you the best shot at success.
Yes they are productive
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: i can only work for them temporory because they are temp. agent.
they have breakfast in the morning and is enough for me. I worked for A.O.L. and the emigration lawyer company. So they have many exciting company to work for.
The people don't seem to care and want to make sure you get a job.
Contractor (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 20, 2014
SPARKS is well known for playing favorites. They only do their best work for the people who have the most connections or well known connections. Also, since they get compensation for contract/temporary placement they will not work hard to find you a job that you can be hired on full time because they then lose the money the were receiving keeping you as a client.
Temp Job
Certification Coordinator Temp, October (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 4, 2014
Very hard to find stable job, all temp job that was assign to last only about 8 days, can not find a job placement that last for a long time.

1 2 3

About Sparks Personnel Services, Inc.

Headquartered in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area, with a client support network throughout the United States, SPARKS is a – Read more

Sparks Personnel Services, Inc. Salaries