Sparks Personnel Services, Inc.

Sparks Personnel Services, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Company for those looking for Temp Positions
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2016
They are great for finding great temporary assignments. At the time, my recruiters were in constant contact with me and my employer to ensure I was comfortable in the position and that the customer was satisfied with my performance.
Pros
They keep you working.
Cons
It was expense to buy my contract from them. It took a long time to go permanent.
Greak work enivornment
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 6, 2015
Fast paced workplace with a supportive team. Gaining a lot of knowledge about the delivery business. Room for advancement. Room to be yourself and offer new ideas to help run business more effectively.
Pros
knowledge, co-workers and management team
Cons
location
the kept me with work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Md City, MDJune 26, 2016
Basic data entry work. Didn't get to know the staff. Just received my assignments. Sparks kept me busy with work. I enjoyed working 4 the company.
Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaApril 26, 2016
Good place to work for and with. Can be hard with multiple events going on at the same time and not a typical 9-5 . Travel can be fun at times.
Not a good experience
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 23, 2013
The agency assigned me to work at Wells Fargo. The pay was good, and I had the opportunity to obtain a full-time position. The hours did not work very well with my other job at the theater. The managements at the agency put on a show that they are nice and polite, but often come off as passive-aggressive, and were blatantly rude to me on more than one occasion. The office experience was valuable and I don't regret taking the job, but I would never work with that temp agency again.
Pros
pay, benefits, full-time hours
Cons
hours not flexible, management, communication, more concerned about appearances
Another typical Temporary Agency.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 26, 2016
You must know every office skill there is to know. Again they take all your information and they might call you once this year.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many of them in business.
The people don't seem to care and want to make sure you get a job.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 20, 2014
SPARKS is well known for playing favorites. They only do their best work for the people who have the most connections or well known connections. Also, since they get compensation for contract/temporary placement they will not work hard to find you a job that you can be hired on full time because they then lose the money the were receiving keeping you as a client.
Very productive company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDDecember 1, 2015
Very helpful. The are quick to put you onto another site after your contract is up for your previous company. They are also very professional.
ok place to work
Account Director, Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2012
Job can be very stressful and busy. Sometimes hard to have a life work balance.

Some of the people are nice, but not all. You feel like an outsider at times.

Very quiet office.
Pros
onsite production facility, onsite shop
Cons
healthcare, no 401k contribution
Temping Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 5, 2015
Unfortunately, I felt that the temping experience didn't work in my favor because their was not place for me to developed job growth.
Pros
Self-discovering
Cons
Temping from place to place
efficient
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJuly 10, 2012
People were not very friendly, it was very repetitive not much of a challenge, I thrive on challenges
Pros
exposure to the federal gov. contracting
Cons
no benefits
Great Family Feeling
Senior Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2014
Staffing can be a harsh and draining business and this is no different. The difference comes in the people you work with. The staff and management act as a team and have a very "open door" policy. People can handle a bad day far better when they are surrounded by people who lift them up and that is very true here. Staffing isn't for everyone and that is fine, but this company will give you the best shot at success.
Pros
fantastic management and colleages, good work/life balance.
Cons
burn out industry
sparks
Temp Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 22, 2015
Sparks is a great place to start and begin the process to find a job. They are highly recommended if you want a corporate office position.
Great friendly and fun work environment
Personnel/ HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 25, 2013
The SPARKS team is like extended family. Everyone is hard working and willing to help one another. I learned the ins and outs of being an admin assistant with HR responsibilities. I gained a stronger customer service history dealing with candidates in and out of the office as well. The hardest part of my job is telling people that we don't have anything for them or that they didn't get a position they applied for. The most enjoyable part would be the end satisfaction of seeing a deserving candidate land a great job.
Pros
private industry - great job security
Cons
sales requirements/ not being able to help everyone
Busy, fast pace
Painter/ Larbor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2015
Painting board, prep, pull stock, clean, prepare of show event package and wrap inventory, pull and move supplies with pallet jack.
Pros
Everyone was very pleasent
Cons
Layoff
Great organization gaining strength
Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2013
Hired by the President/CEO to lead sales and marketing. Based in Philly, I did this for 6 years based out of a home office in Chicago; travel was weekly and extensive. Realigned sales force into hunters and gatherers, rebranded Sparks, grew top-line sales and RFP opportunities. Liked the challenge of working with multiple offices. When Sparks purchased another Philadelphia exhibit firm, there was duplicity in leadership roles and location became more important to senior management. I left voluntarily with a package.
Lies is all Sparks is about
Punching Bag (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJanuary 31, 2015
As soon as the show is over so are you. Worst Co I have ever worked for. Management is so full of BS They say they wont hire anyone with a felony record , But there shop foreman has a Felony DUI Unless you know There plant supervisor take my advice keep looking.
Cons
everything they tell you
Quite and Demanding
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VANovember 16, 2014
I worked for Sparks for a company as a temp. The training was not great and expectations were to much for the computer system which failed contantly. I learned how the lilly program worked and it was the most easy part of my job.
The manager I reported to was great and understanding. Co- workers we fun and great at helping others.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the computer system that was always slow and wouldnt allow you to do your job effectively.

I enjoyed the employees who were there to support me and made things worth being there.
Working as a Temp
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria VAMay 21, 2014
A typical day at work consist of processing paperwork, sending emails, and filing. I have learned how to organize better as well as techniques for filings.

Management on my current job could be alot better. These is very little communication and the environment is not too friendly.

My co-workers are for the most part pleasant.

The hardest part of my job is being able to communicate with management because they really don't care for the temps.
If you are of African descent don't waste your time!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights , MichiganJanuary 19, 2015
This place has temporarily ruined me!.. I quit a job to work for them and they worked me for two days and laid me off. Because I quit my former job on such short notice I wasn't able to go back. They.have been unsupportive in finding me another assignment. I hate Sparks....DirtBags!!!!
Cons
they don't care about melanated (black) employees!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sparks Personnel Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9