Sparrow Health System Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Demanding but has great benefits
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 6, 2017
This employer is great for those who don't have young children. The long hours and strict attendance requirements make it hard to balance life/work schedules when young kids are involved. But the benefits were very competitive.
A good job
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 31, 2017
A good place to work!
I have learned a lot of good skills and met a lot of great people at this job! Great employee environment and offers very good benefits!
The people I work with are wonderful!
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 28, 2017
My coworkers are great! Communication lacks between management and employees. This has become such a large hospital that employees are not top priority. With that, I will say again my coworkers are a great group of people and I enjoy working with them.
Insane amount of work.
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 22, 2017
The IT people you work with are fantastic, no life/work balance, they are looking for cheaper options as far as employees. My group is half as big as comparable groups in the industry.
Fun place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIJune 20, 2017
I enjoy all of my co-workers. We have all become good friends and we work very well together. As a team we work better by understanding individual strengths to provide a productive work day..
Bullying in the workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 3, 2017
Love working here but my coworkers are terrible and I don't feel valued. It has become much worse in my 2 years with the company. Many nurses have the same feelings.
Alright place to work
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 31, 2017
Mangers in the food department aren't that good but the people you work with are great. But every other department is pretty legit. Sparrow is great opportunity in your life if you get a chance.
All staff is very friendly and is always willing to help
PHELBOTOMY EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMay 27, 2017
Sparrow would be a great company to work for. I did my externship here and they really value their employees. Every employee is extremely friendly and helpful.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
doesnt work around school schedule
Not a good hospital
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 27, 2017
I was not impressed. Very clunky. Not a nice group of people. Residents were not a caring group of physicians. All the new,emiyees were great but left soon after arriving. The people who had been there a while were horrible across the board. Pay was bad. Only paid up to eight years of experience. A lot of issues with equipment shortages and favoritism was somethi g else. One of the worst aces I have ever worked
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Way to many to count
no answer
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 27, 2017
daily clean of patient room,common work area as well communication with staff and patients about any thing else that needs to be done or at their request.
Pros
communication with the patients
Cons
housekeeping gets bad raiding when housekeeping is a big part of the company
Good benefits
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 25, 2017
Sparrow gives wonderful benefits and pay thanks to the Union but also because of the Union it makes advancement difficult. Everything is based on seniority so getting to where you may ultimately want to be will take some time.
Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 21, 2017
The staff is dedicated to the mission and vision of the hospital. Innovation is encouraged and the leaders are very transparent. The hospital partners with the community and is a sponsor of many local events.
Great place to work for a short period
Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 17, 2017
Sparrow is a great place to be for one or two promotions. Since it is a health care industry, they tend to be over-conservative with financials and will withhold increases on "bad" years where they only make $10 million instead of $40 million. The only way to become a manager is to stay for 10-15 years.

They will treat you really well and give you incentive increases (when possible) but you really have to be in it for the long haul to make it worth the stress and the customers.
Pros
Strong financial presence and will recognize high performers
Cons
Rigid in HR policies and a lot of turnover in HR
Your just a number
RN (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 14, 2017
5-6 patients per 8 hour day expected. If you don't do what is expected there is no consequence. Those that are not productive receive the same pay and benefits. Weak management the hard workers are not appreciated and the poor producers are award d by less work.
The hardest part about working for sparrow health system is staying positive.
The most enjoyable part is the patients and their families
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Feeling like a number
Compassionate care close to home
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Carson City, MIMay 12, 2017
Good place to work. Job is secure and fellow caregivers really care about their patients. It's healthcare, work environment is just about the same everywhere.
Magnet hospital with great advancement potential.
RN, Intravenous Specialty Infusion Center (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 2, 2017
Rapidly growing health system that offers numerous opportunities for nursing staff. As a Magnet hospital, support and advancement of the nurses is a priority, with opportunities to challenge yourself. New construction projects provide state-of-the-art environments to care for patients.
Pros
Supportive in furthering education and providing advancement opportunities.
Cons
Typical of the nursing field, breaks are difficult to schedule into the day.
Productive, stressful at times, great staff
Neurodiagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Sparrow. Workload was unbelievable at times due to volume of Interns/Residence ordering EEG studies. Only downfall to leaving was increased gas prices during my time at Sparrow.
Pros
Great staff to work with, Great hospital
Cons
Gas prices in area were very high for my commute.
Sparrow
Room Service Staff (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 11, 2017
Great Place to work with an outstanding team that helps you grow, Managment is great works with your schedule. Hiring process is great they want to be successful
Good place to work. Room for advancement.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 22, 2017
A very fast paced work environment.Coworkers were very friendly and helpful. Some room for advancement with management being very supportive. Overall a nice place to work.
Great Place to Work
ROI Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 22, 2017
On a typical day, its a great place to be. Management style varies per department. I haven't experienced any part of my job that is too hard, but I am nonclinical.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sparrow Health System. Our community is ready to answer.