Spartan Motors, Inc. Employee Reviews

favoritism
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MINovember 4, 2017
favoritism is a BIG issue i encounter with working for spartan motor. as a temp, i choose to work hard and many volunteer overtime hours (sometimes 60+ hrs a week) to show how hard working i am, so at end of the contract i would be one of the people chosen to be moved to another plant. but instead, management chose young attractive loose girls with bubbly personalities and poor working brown nosers boys with poor attendant to fill those slots. this is not a company you want to work for if you have self respect, or want to be rewarded for hard work.
Pros
sometimes they give you pizza
nice and fun place to work
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SDOctober 5, 2017
poor managaement makes me to quit..fun making enviroment .....good and helping coworker...only bad part is work till saturday...no family time .......
Pros
quaterley bonus
Cons
works on saturday.....
Company is garbage
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIAugust 8, 2017
(Production Floor Assembly Associate)
Started through a temp service then hired in down the road. The work isn't bad, people you work with were hit or miss but that's anywhere. Hours were as expected in a warehouse position environment. Management is trash, no room for advancement. Engineers are nice but have no idea how things work on the line. They will keep lazy employees who have been there forever over newer hardworking employees only because of seniority or if they're friends with someone. Would only recommend this place if last resort or short term work.
Pros
Some people, pay once/if hired in
Cons
Management, no room for advancement, short break/lunch
Utility (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJune 29, 2017
I have enjoyed working here and building different vehicles. They are usually busy with many different products and new vehicle attempts coming in at times.
It's a great place to work. It's a very fun and out going company
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIApril 24, 2017
The place is great to work for. The people are awesome. I love what I do here. I love coming in there everyday. Just an overall great place to work for.
Productive work place
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIMarch 29, 2017
Not that good of a work place. Pay sucks and there isnt much room for improvement. Management is not that great as well as the hours. Do not recommend
Not impressed
Parts & Accessories Logistics (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIFebruary 7, 2017
I love the people I work with, but there appears to be no room for advancement unless you know certain people. The work itself is rewarding, knowing that our products keep fire fighters on the road, but the management has no regard for the concerns of the employees on the floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spartan Motors, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4