SPARTAN SECURITY

SPARTAN SECURITY United States Employee Reviews

job work/ life balance
Dispatcher (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: it was great
Cons: it was good
Being a security guard is a field you have to patrol and make sure everything is secure.
Excellence in security
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 20, 2014
Enjoyed working here for some time. Longs hours but manageable I thought. Long hours were a bit stressful which was the hardest part of working overnight. Overall good working conditions.
Good place needs more
Security Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great views
Cons: more work hour for overtime
Great to work more improvements needed compensation great work flow and finding steady sites need improvement...all in all good place to work
get comp time instead of overtime
Corporate Security Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: i give liberal time off when one of my guards need to leave early for doctor or family matter
Cons: healthcare is not provided nor personal days
A typical day at work is arriving at 5am changing into uniform and be on post by 6am. Log in all personnel open the doors and check that the building is secure and no homeless people are in or around the building.I was taught by my night supervisor how to remove a homeless person. Management at Spartan are reasonable and fair. The hardest part of the job is responding to Code Blue and hope it is not a serious event. Respond to all calls for persons stuck in the elevators and keep them calm until they are rescued. My co-workers are respectful but keep in mind I am their supervisor. I relieve all workers for breaks and lunch. I rotate the staff during the day for ex. handicap elevator, x-ray machine and loading dock workers. My work day ends at 7pm, 4pm and 2pm. I work 50hrs a week.
productive
Security Guard (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJAugust 16, 2014
learning experience, didnt really like the hours nor the supervisors
working with libraries and office buildings
Security Guard (Former Employee), 34 th st new york, ny 10028July 16, 2014
give your good hour and locations. this job is a keeper and pays well
Nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
watch and secure area of business, patrol making sure doors are locked, windows are closed
Enjoyable company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee), ManhattanJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: not enough overtime.
Stationed in manhattan, I'm able to help and assist patrons with any issue they may have.good place to work at.
Bad Company
Security Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Not good company at all. No growth at all, they over hire people and don't have enough hours for the people they hire.
Friendly, underpaid officers, who are not very respected by upper management.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: low salary, no room for advancement, no "staff room" to take your lunch in.
The employees are very nice people. Unfortunately, they are treated as if they are expendable and, thereby,treated with very little respect. The micro-management of, not only the company, but the authority given to the client makes the workers feel like they are constantly under attack. They are expected to be outside during the whole shift, irregardless, of how extreme the weather, with no booth to utilize. If given a booth, you are given no chair and are expected to stand for only a few minutes and head back outside in the inclement weather. Again, from lower management down, are all friendly, kind people. Unfortunately, upper mngmt are "penny wise and dollar foolish." If they offered a better salary, they'd be able to hire a better quality worker.
productive place to work at
security guard (Current Employee), castle hill ave bronx nyNovember 21, 2013
it a good place to work at and you can learn alot here,the management is good too
bad schedules
Security (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, INNovember 21, 2013
bad work schedules work nights one week and days the next...had an hour drive back and forth to work..the hours and schedules really wear a person out
A rough day at my security post in square apartments.
Non- Commissioned Security (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2013
Pros: i had to provide my own food, in which was no problem.
Cons: i took breaks to the store, i also worked at night so if the store was closed then i couldn't use the restroom.
My first day at work I was on my own. No one came out to train me, called to check on me, so I didn't know anything about enforcing curfew or any restrictions of the property. This was very hard for me. I called in to ask for someone to come out, was told an officer would be there later, and was also told to log in to cars, in which would've cost me my life because I wasn't armed. The only enjoyable thing about Spartan Security is that I have a piece of mind working by myself. Although, this came about when I got trained the second day and was informed that curfew in commonly at 10. Other than that, I didn't like the training or the management because they were kind of racist to me.
Inconsiderate management
security (Former Employee), 3030 thomsonOctober 25, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: if going to office be sure you have that day off, you'll need it.
Went in to follow up on interview back in summer. The office had me waiting wich I did patiently aswell as all else that was asked of me. Five hours later, they finally got around to see me. I was told I would get a call back and when I did, I was given a phone number for a job opening. Only thing is the phone numbet was a total dead end.
security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAOctober 19, 2013
• Responsible for securing the perimeter of multiple buildings
• Observed and reported all activity
• Provided customer service to the client (GEICO) and their customers
• Answered and directed all incoming calls of a multi-line system
Great work environment people were nice and friendly.
Security Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2013
This was my first security job I started with an eight hour certificate, within two months of working for Spartan they paid for my license.
i enjoy with this company
security guard (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 14, 2013
workig at this company i gained a lot of experience both
from Spartan Seuurity and its contractors ans supervisors
overall ratings is very good compensation we get a raise every year
they respect employees cultures and values ntrer ie no room for advancement promotion as an example management is very professional your job is secure if you do not get into trouble
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2013
 Acted to protect property by maintaining a high visibility presence to consistently deter illegal and inappropriate activities.
 Observed for signs of crime, fire and disorder, while taking action and reporting all incidents to the client and emergency services.
 Maintained accurate logs of all daily activities, assisting management make more sound business decisions.
not a good security company to work for
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 25, 2013
needs better management and pay, they do not take care of their employees, and dock your pay for ridiculous reasons
Good Company to work for.
Security officer (Current Employee), Edgewater, New JerseyMarch 15, 2013
Pros: good management
Spartan Security lost the contract at the site I was at. It was unfortunate, for I really liked my job and my co-workers.

SPARTAN SECURITY Salaries