SPARTAN SECURITY Employee Reviews

no bad place to work
Security Guard I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2017
bad job sucks and they let you go a few days before Christmas and that sucks I think that is not right. I mean it is good to work out side but they get mad if you go on break to get something to eat and go to the bathroom.
Pros
outside
Cons
poor pay
security officer booth
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 29, 2017
worked in guard house booth answering phones and checking trucks in out.and letting workers in and out of gate. which was contracted at Cooper Lightning.....I really enjoyed working there.
strict
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
good sites and great place to work. they are very professional and i would refer a friend to them if i needed too.they have very sites and track record.
Fairly ok place to work. Unreasonable with job placement.
Commissioned Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
Fairly ok place to work at. They can be unreasonable when it come to job placement and your living area but overall good pay and good hours if you like to to work overnight.
Steer Clear Better Agencies out there.
NA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2017
No choice but to have to work with this company. The management is horrible at best. The guards they employee are sorely lacking in any skills. They take basically anyone off the street and place them at clients. The dispatch is crude and disheveled and at times their grammar and diction are mortifying. From what I hear internally things are not going to get any better and their lack of well trained employees will be their downfall. Use other agencies who train and develop their guards this one is a disaster!
Pros
Cons
almost everything
It was not bad in general
Security officer, mentoring and patrolling (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Spartan Security is my first Company in security industry and it was just small growing company and working with the company is not real bad despite of some time dealing with drug adductors when working at apartment complex .
Great but...
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  417 5th ave New York, N.Y. 10016July 24, 2017
I have worked for Spartan Security for 10 years now, & so far I only have a few minor issues with the company, like all jobs it has it's ups & downs, I do wish there was more room for advancement, but the Union is Great as are the benefits the union provides.
Pros
Great Union w/good medical, dental, etc...
Cons
Very little room for advancement
It's was a ok company
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
The company was ok the one problem I have is that dispatched can be very rude. I had some fun times it was a ok experience. I would go back if they payed more
Pros
it money
Cons
the dispatchers can be very rude
It was a job when needed it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New London, NCJune 21, 2017
It was a job to get me by when the economy had taken a turn for the worse, it suited its purpose for the time and I really appreciated the opportunity they gave me.
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 22, 2017
Very good company to work with. They work with you around your schedule if you have another job or school. They pay a reasonable pay rate as well with good hours.
Pros
Pay Good
Cons
No Set Site
long hrs and no benefits
Scheduled Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
management requires a lot from you. there are no benefits and working long hours on daily basis. you get holidays off but no pay. no sick day and no PTO.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
no benefits, no PTO, no days off
job detail
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
well every day i started at eleven o'clock and get signed in for the day the morning was pretty simple walk around and monitor the premise making sure nobody is trespassing and eating nor destroying public property in the public library. Any other situations we would ask them to leave the premises if they not listening by guard or staff
Pros
the kids section is the best area to work with
Cons
library staffs are two faced and will throw u under the bus
very good by nyc security guard standards, i only quit because i was moving
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2017
typically i dealt with many different types of people at the front desk so i learned multiple ways to handle different personalities and issues. My management staff was always helpful and encouraging with me. We alays maintained a light hearted but dignified attitude at the worksite. No real hard parts of the job.
Pros
close to home
Cons
benefits could have been better
Fun, Professional
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
I had to Check cars, prevent trespasser from Piggybacking and good
Customer Service skills.
They give plenty of overtime whether if you want it or not. All of their sites are sit down post with the exception of Fordham library.
Pros
long break
Very Professional Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
I value the professional experience that I gained from working at Spartan Security. I have met so many great professional people at all of the sites that I was privileged to work at as a security officer.
Quiet work place.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Soundview LibraryAugust 22, 2016
Typical day at work: Losts of standing and reminding people to control their noise level as well as keeping track of library eqipment.

What you learned: To be patient with first time patrons who aren't computer savvy.

Management: N/A

Your Co-Workers: I work alone

The Hardest Part of the Job: Writing reports of daily activities that took place.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Helping patrons, meeting new people, networking and making new relationships.
Pros
Employment Security
Cons
Minimal room for Advancement
Observing and reporting activity.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 19, 2016
I provided safety screenings to Port Liberte visitors, also
responded to all property emergencies. I learned how to use surveillance while on duty. My co-workers were diverse and interesting.
Worked at different locations
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
I worked at a college named Pratt Institute as a guard. I would patrol the dormroom hallways and the outside buildings to search for threats or anything out of the ordinary. Sometimes I would be at post sitting in front of the dorm building.

I learned how to handle myself in a multitude of situations

Hardest part: dealing with stubborn offenders

Most enjoyable: Making people feel safe
Great place to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 6, 2016
I was able to come to work pass information on that needed to be passed. Able to work alone and get all my paperwork done on a timely manner.
Awesome Company!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 25, 2016
*Once assigned, you get trained. Once trained, you work.
*There are, at times, no typical days for an on-call, fill in officer. Each week can consist of a new post or updated training that has surfaced due to circumstance or law change.
*Management "rocks" and will do their best to maintain the happiness and balance of "good" employees.
*The hardest part of the job is leaving the company to do something new.
*The most enjoyable part of the job is work variation and flexible schedules.
Pros
Worked all over the city and county.
Cons
Leaving the company to pursue a new goal.