Spartan Shops

Spartan Shops Employer Reviews

Convenient
Student Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 28, 2013
My commute was a minute long, that's the best thing I can say about it.
A day in the life of a catering manager
San Jose State Assistant Director-Catering (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 17, 2013
A typical day at work requires meetings with the sales, kitchen and operational staff, communicating special events of the day and client preferences. I also spend time planning special menus with the Catering Chef, directing staff in day to day operations, meeting with clients and responding to client concerns, scheduling, ordering and inventory food, – more... beverage and equipment.
I have been in catering management for over twelve years but still continue to learn as a manager and adjust my management style to fit those who report to me. I learned a lot about my personal style as a manager and how to communicate effectively with my colleagues and staff.
The most challenging part of the job is the constant supervision of the college student staff. Most need direction at all levels of service, as they are not professionals, which takes time away making improvements in other areas.
I do enjoy working in the fast paced environment and creating specialty themed events. I enjoy passing on my years of experience to the supervisors that report to me and I have enjoyed watching them grow as an employee. – less
productive and fun!
Food Server (Current Employee), san jose, caJanuary 5, 2013
Love working in the food court and meeting new people.
Great food!
Great management.
Friendly environment.
Very Clean.
fun fast pace environment
Food Server (Former Employee), san jose,caMay 1, 2012
great experience workinng here. fast fun environment and had a chance to people from all walks and wheels of life.