Spartanburg Medical Center Employee Reviews

Would choose other options
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 9, 2017
A typical work day was fast paced. I entered with a degree and did not advance past that. I have no comment about management. The work culture was negative in my department. The hardest part of the job were other employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Training and management A+
Patient Access Representative/Outpatient Center (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 27, 2017
I worked at SRMC since 1991 (minus 8 years) and absolutely loved it! Excellent staff, training and benefits. Providing a positive experience for the patient & family was the #1 goal.
Pros
Excellent benefits/Friendly staff/Positive recognition
Cons
Mgmt showed favoritism to certain employees, didnt abide by policies/procedures fairly.
Imaging
CT Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed what I did there as far as taking care of patients, Management and I just weren't a good fit. I dealt with all types of people on a daily basis.
Great place to work. Good management and employee interaction.
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 21, 2017
Coding for 8 hour per day of coding and clarifying information. Very rare to have overtime. I learned that quality is highly valued at this healthy system. Coding manager was very involved, and competent in coding and supervision.
The workplace was comfortable, quality and productivity oriented with good education and promotion opportunities.
The hardest part of the job was trying not to think about it too much at the end of the day.
The most enjoyable parts of the job was coding, working with a very cohesive group of coders and management support.
Pros
coding for one facility, knowing your associates and managers personallyally.
Cons
can't think of any
Productive and a fun place to work.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 19, 2017
This is an exciting position that allows me to be challenged in the IT planning sector.

A great place to balance life and work environments.

Great team synergy and support.
Enjoyable at times but extremely busy
PCA Personal Care Assistant CNA (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 6, 2017
Worked on Mama baby unit fast paced at times short staffed lots of admissions and discharges in a 12 hour shift. Never had any problems with management. co workers could be difficult at times. Seeing all the newborn babies.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun work place with outside patio.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 4, 2017
Tex-mex style food, with fun decor and bar. Elvis Presley memorials throughout the restaurant. Home made & fresh tortillas, and fresh produce daily. Over the top friendly management.
Pros
Free lunch, discount on store merchandise.
Cons
No cons
fun
Health Unit Coordinator Clinical (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 28, 2017
Never worked there, just did clinicals and I did not like it or the staff. Labor and delivery was the worst unit that I have ever worked for and do not reccommend anyone request that floor.
Pros
the staff
Cons
getting off
Full of Opportunities!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 27, 2017
I was here as a student learner and I learned so much in such a short time! I love the welcoming environment. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day.
Awful work place
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 22, 2017
There is no structure and no one is held accountable. No leadership and very disappointing quality of management and technicians that do very little as possible. They do not value the employees that work hard, and show favoritism.
Hospital culture stressed by regulatory environment
Mid management (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 22, 2017
This is a typical hospital culture hampered by resource availability and regulatory burdens. Good overall culture but some struggles with accountability
Pros
Great benefits, compensation, work-life balance
Cons
Difficult external environment puts stressors on management at all levels
Interesting place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 21, 2017
Everyday is a learning experience. Working with the public is very interesting. I like working at this place. I am just ready to advance somewhere else and do something different with more pay.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 18, 2017
SRMC is a great place to work. All of the employees are friendly and are always willing to help in any situation. I enjoyed working there because of the friendly staff, the overall good environment and the fact that you will learn something new everyday while working there.
Great Place to Work
Security Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work Management great family oriented
Look forward to coming to work each day. The management staff is always willing to listen. Training is of the utmost importance. Great place to work
fun job
Companion (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 15, 2017
a typical day at work was getting assigned to your paitents and seeing where you were gonna be for the day and what you were gonna be handlng , the hostptial has great benfits and great co workers
RN (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 15, 2017
The Vice President would come to the floors to personally talk to staff, knew our names. At least acted like he cared about us and our opinions. Very uncommon now a days. Sorry I had to leave
It was Great When I was there but things are changing.
Companion/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 10, 2017
When I was there (in 2013) I loved the company. They were accommodating to my personal and school schedule, the work wasn't that difficult, and I was well paid considering the position. I could even stud\y depending on how calm the night was going. But after I left due to relocation, I hear things have changed. So I can't speak on how it currently will be.
Pros
Time to study, great coworkers, workable scheldule
Cons
breaks were sometimes skipped, difficult patient cases (combative), long training, people late for shift changes
good
Educator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 6, 2017
a happy environment. Patient centered safety and focus organization. Staff very friendly and a positive attitude displayed. Wish there were more areas for advancement
Great place bad management
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 1, 2017
Wonderful place to work but in certain departments favoritism and mistreatment is often displayed. Have been employed over 5 years and get treated like I'm a new hire.
awesome
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 22, 2017
The ED was nice. The staff was great and they made me feel at ease with new training and techniques that I had to use during my day. The MDs were also good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spartanburg Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Spartanburg Medical Center Reviews by Location