Spartanburg Regional Medical Center

Spartanburg Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place overall to work.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJune 15, 2015
Great place to work. All management and staff were very kind and pleasant to work with. The hours were great it allowed me to be home in the evening with my family.
Great place to work with exceptional staff
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Short breaks and often no lunches due to facility being short staffed
Great healthcare facility with exceptional nurses and other staff. Excellent team atmosphere and wonderful focus on patient care.
Currently attempting to update management/ employee communication
Pre-admission nurse (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Credit union, good food at a discount, day shift, no weekends
Cons: no breaks, late lunches, cliques, lots of overtime
My job was to act as a liaison between anesthesia, surgery patients and surgeons. I have exceptional assessment skills, can preform EKGs, phlebotomy and have learned valuable computer skills. Management – more... is still in transition from a "top down" model to an interactive model. The people are great. I love to interact with my patients. The hardest part of my job was trying to balance anesthesia requirements and surgeon requirements. There is also some very old cliques that are still in place and in power.This was the most stressful part of the job. – less
A positive environment - interesting clients
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: working with diverse client population
Cons: unpredictable client situations - drug related births were stressful
Busy with diverse client population from low socio-economic clients to upper 2% of economic stability
Never assume anything when a client is in labor
Management provided a positive unit environment
staff members worked well together - with each other - management - doctors - and residents
Long drive to and from work
assisting to bring new life into the world.
Great Place to work
Care Navigator/Transition Coach (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: helping patients
SRHS is great place to work. I love helping people and helping patients while they are in the hospital. I have learned a lot during my 15 years there. our team is great and work for the benefit of the patients.
Exceptional work place atmospher. Task and goal oriented. overall customer satisfaction.
COOK/LEAD COOK (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 4, 2015
Great team oriented work place. Sufficient training in all aspects of healthcare cooking. leadership skills are must for this fast paced work environment.
Excellent
Executive Assistant to Women's' Services Director (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 31, 2015
Wonderful place to work, cutting edge technology. On the job training. Always room for advancement. Large company targeted to treating patients and families top notch.
I enjoyed working and had fun
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed the family atmosphere. The flexible work schedule was great.
Great place to work!
Labor and Delivery RN (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and feedback
Cons: money
Spartanburg regional L&D is wonderful. Every employee helped each other and provided feed back on everything you did.
Great company
Solution Center Specialist (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 17, 2014
very educational and diverse
great benefits
good salary
great coworkers
Great hours and excellent benefits
Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great hours/ no weekends
Working night shift was not so fasted paced. The people I worked with were easy to get along with and very enjoyable. I hours were great. There was nothing difficult about the job as long as you knew what you were doing. It could get stressful at time.
great place to work
RN Resource Pool (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: making a difference in someones life.
Cons: sometimes don't have enough help.
Work nights , pass out medications, chart checks, IV meds, start IV's, draw blood from ports & PICC lines, transfuse blood, documentation, monitor blood sugar and administer insulin, help others. documentations – more... for new admission. Hardest part of the job is when all your patients need you at the same time. I hate to make my patients wait. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching patients about their illness, giving comfort to cancer patients and transfusing blood to bring up blood values. Work well with others, help out when needed. Great management. – less
Love the folks I worked with
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 13, 2014
Very fun environment as long as you are getting your work done. Some of the pharmacist treat the techs like they are nothing but for the most part, great place to work.
Level 1 Trauma Center
Staff Nurse, Neuro Trauma Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 30, 2014
I began my nursing career here directly out of school by working in the Neuro-Trauma ICU. I truly loved my job. I had a great manager in Jami Burnette and a wonderful staff. I gained a significant amount of knowledge during my time here that has allowed me to further my career as a nurse practitioner.
nice place to work for, needs to give associates breaks though.
Hygiene Associate (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 23, 2014
I liked the job and the people were very friendly. The only complaint I have is that the hygiene associates do not get breaks. The best part of the job was being able to interact with so many different people, and working in the medical environment.
If you have other options, I probably wouldnt recommend this as a workplace environment.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 20, 2014
All decisions on every level are made by upper, upper level management. You never see them, they pretend like they care but bottom line is, they really don't care about their employees atall.
Good place to start your career in the medical field
Evironmental Services (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches and good benefits
Cons: sometimes you might not get a break
It's very busy most of the time.
I have learned a lot from working around nurses and doctors.
The management is great there
The hardest part of the job is seeing very sick people.
The most enjoyable part of the the job is that you meet new people everyday.
overall great place to learn and learn how to associate with others
Supervisor/ chief tech (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 15, 2014
Pros: chances to learn
Cons: need a new department
i really love where im working. ive learned alot over the years and i continue to learn each and every day . its a very demanding and critical thinking job but I love it!!
good teaching hospital
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough help
A typical day at work was open and set up for surgical cases in the OR, assist the surgeon, clean up the room, and get ready for another case. I learned to do different specialties other than general, the most enjoyable part of the job was working hands on during the surgery's.
Rotating shifts /dealing one on one with Drs
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Spartanburg SCJanuary 2, 2014
answering several lines directing them to where the needed to call make sure trauma unit was where they needed to be at all times on call making sure the Drs calls where given to answering service if needed

1 2 3

About Spartanburg Regional Medical Center

Spartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare delivery system that provides care from birth to hospice. We meet you where you – Read more

Spartanburg Regional Medical Center Salaries